Irish Mountain
Running Association

Wicklow Way Race

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Greg DillonJan 10 2019, 1:20pmHi
Are there a list of races or a reference somewhere of all the races that UTMB Points can be earned. The UTMB site only states one race for Ireland this year.

Thanks
Mick HanneyJan 10 2019, 1:49pmNot sure where you looked but if you search for Ireland on this one you get a full list?
https://utmbmontblanc.com/en/page/87/87.html
Stephen CollerJan 10 2019, 1:49pmHi Greg, put in 2018 and look at that list, it's usually the same providing organisers apply to ITRA
Greg DillonJan 10 2019, 2:11pmAh grand. I just entered 2019 and only one was listed there. I'll use last years races to plan.

Thanks lads
Stephen BrennanJan 10 2019, 2:16pmGreg, Just one race listed for 2019 so far, so the other races probably haven't been submitted yet.

ITRA is bringing in new regulations this year which take elevation change into account in rating courses. Perviously, the ratings were based on distance only.

I suspect that some the Irish races will drop a point under this new scheme and that it will be more difficult to qualify for UTMB races as a result.
Andrew MendelsonJan 10 2019, 5:03pmITRA always took elevation into account (equating 1km of distance to 100m of climbing), but the points are indeed being rejigged in 2019 to make qualifying a bit harder.

See: https://itra.run/page/292/Race_evaluation.html
Pól Ó MurchúJan 10 2019, 6:16pmAndrew is correct. The elevation was always consisted. Very simple formula devide the height in meters by 100 and add to the distance. Effort points they called them. They have moved the bands and this will affect most races in Ireland currently offering points. in particular the 4 pointers currently offered would be affected with most of them now only qualifying for 3 points.

Old points:
0 ITRA point for the number of effort points below 25
1 ITRA point for the number of effort points between 25 and 39,
2 ITRA points for the number of effort points between 40 and 64,
3 ITRA points for the number of effort points between 65 and 89,
4 ITRA points for the number of effort points between 90 and 139,
5 ITRA points for the number of effort points between 140 and 189,
6 ITRA points thereafter.

New Points:
0 ITRA point for the number of km-effort between 0 and 24
1 ITRA point for the number of km-effort between 25 and 44
2 ITRA points for the number of km-effort between 45 and 74
3 ITRA points for the number of km-effort between 75 and 114
4 ITRA points for the number of km-effort between 115 and 154
5 ITRA points for the number of km-effort between 155 and 209
6 ITRA points from 210 km-effort

IMRA RACES &Estimated effort points:
Clover: 107
SGM: 91
Lakes: 60
MMU: 69
Ballyhoura Ultra: 82
WWR: 167

The WW Race will still qualify for 5 and both Kerry Way Ultra and The Wicklow 100M should still qualify for 6 each. Will make it a bit tougher to qualify for some races that require say 15 points with no “easy” 4 pointers.
Stephen BrennanJan 10 2019, 6:58pm@Pol It may be possible to change the GTT route to bring it up to 115 km-effort points.
Pól Ó MurchúJan 10 2019, 7:30pmYes I guess wouldn’t take much to get it to that level at all...
John MurrayJan 25 2019, 1:54pmAnyone know which direction is the Wicklow Way Race running this year...North or South?
Simon KellyJan 27 2019, 2:04pmWaterville Trailrunning Festival has UTMB Points this year.
They have a 129 km 3 Day Stage race (43km loop each day) which has 3 points and a 43km which has 2 points.
www.watervilletrailrunningfestival.com
Simon KellyJan 27 2019, 2:04pmWaterville Trailrunning Festival has UTMB Points this year.
They have a 129 km 3 Day Stage race (43km loop each day) which has 3 points and a 43km which has 2 points.
www.watervilletrailrunningfestival.com
Pól Ó MurchúJan 27 2019, 9:27pmPity you can’t just do the 3 loops in one go! ;-) 3 x 43k over 3 days seems a bit pointless to me and takes a lot of time...well 3 days :-) Not sure where you’d go with 3 points...strange format but could be popular with some, especially the marathon runners I guess.
John McCannJan 28 2019, 4:43pmI think the format for Waterville is quite interesting. 3 long runs on consecutive days is great training for the longer races and not something I would ever do on my own. Shame about the clash with Ballyhoura though which is a great race. Decisions decisions….
Mick HanneyFeb 15 2019, 8:39pmHave the 2019 IMRA races been submitted yet for inclusion on the UTMB qualifier list? In which case when are they likely to appear on said list? Cheers.
Simon KellyFeb 22 2019, 7:50amHi,
Just following up on Mick Hanney's question...have the 2019 IMRA races been submitted for UTMB points?
Thanks,
Simon
Gary Mason81Mar 10 2019, 4:46pmHi committee, I know you are busy and I’m repeating a question already asked but I’m wondering if there is any update on what races will have qualifying points?
Just trying to plan my year.
Thanks
Richard NunanMar 10 2019, 5:19pmHi Gary,

We will be submitting the following races again

IMRA RACES
Clover:
SGM:
Lakes:
MMU:
Ballyhoura Ultra:
WWR:

Theses will be submitted before the MMU

Cheers

Richard
Gary Mason81Mar 10 2019, 6:46pmThanks Richard. Appreciate the reply
Lillian DeeganMar 27 2019, 9:51pm.
*** Wicklow Way Race 2019 infos***

Hi all,

We have white smoke :) I'm on to confirm this years 80 miler will be raced north to south - Marlay Park to Clonegal.

I will update the race page details in the coming days, for now the burning question has been revealed - the direction! Happy recce time. Race entry will cost €60. You will need to be a member of IMRA to participate.

Thanks to the many people who have expressed their interest with race history via gmail, I will be in touch as soon as possible. For others, if you wish to enter, please email wicklowwayrace@gmail.com with detail of a recent 50km or greater to show form.

Any and all other odd bits will be sorted in jig time.
Alan AylingMar 27 2019, 10:02pmAnother case of afraid to start a separate thread? ;-)
Lillian DeeganMar 27 2019, 10:09pmMe - not a chance. I'm looking at it the other way, I need to transfer all this UTMB jazz to another home ;)
Lillian DeeganMar 28 2019, 9:53pm.
Evening all,

On with news of our race day entry process. Thanks to the 40 odd who have already sent through their race history for consideration. You should have received an email by reply from me today giving you the green light to sign-up when the shop opens. If not, please let me know on wicklowwayrace@gmail.com and I'll follow up with you.

NB - To all others hoping to enter this event - your entry will only be considered once you supply your recent 50k or greater distance race. If you go shopping prior to getting your race history to me, you may well be at the loss of 60 yo yo's.

** Re - Entry purchase timeline **
The IMRA on-line purchase option will open on this coming Monday, April 1st at 9am. It will close on April 30th at 9pm. I am not capping the runner head count this year. I am giving one whole month for people to get their entry sorted. When the IMRA on-line shop option shuts - that is it! We will have our numbers for race day sorted - Whoever is in - is in.

I will NOT be running a wait or drop out list at any time. Once you have paid your 60 Euro race day fee, it will be non refundable and non transferable to anyone. Please save yourself the bother and don't be hitting me up with pm's or little hush hush winks by a race side line. My refusal may offend. This year - I'll not be having a 2nd chance saloon - The month of April is sufficient for everyone to decide if they want to race this 80 miler or not.

For people to buy a race entry - you will need to be a member of IMRA 1st. You will need to follow the links on our website and get sorted to go shopping.

Finally, I'm looking to the weather gods for a more even Steven kinda of sunny one for all - I'm very hopeful at this early stage ;)

Good luck all - come back to me if your stuck with anything major and I'll see how's best to help you.
Gary Mason81Mar 28 2019, 10:06pmThanks for the update Lillian
Lillian DeeganApr 1 2019, 11:12pm.
Hi everyone,
As planned, the on-line shop entry option is now available for this event. Hopefuls have the entire month of April to get an entry organised. Once the shop closes, there will be no more additions to our race day line up. If you are thinking of running this one, you will need to get in touch with me prior to paying the 60 Euro fee. Pls email relevant race history of a recent 50K or greater event to show form. Email spec to wicklowwayrace@gmail.com

I have Primal Tracking on standby to receive our runner listing come early May. And I am in the process of looking to see how viable it might be to arrange a few methods of transport back to Marlay Park from the Clonegal finish line. If I get a decent guide cost, I will let all know. If the transport option comes into play, there will be an additional cost associated. I will do my best to try and keep the charge down if I can. When I know more on the latter, I will update all.

And finally for now, our sponsors from 2018 have come on board once more which is really wonderful. More on this anon
Mick HanneyApr 2 2019, 9:32amSimilar to other topics recently, can the webmaster rename this thread to Wicklow way Race, so its easily found in the forum listing.
Lillian DeeganApr 2 2019, 12:33pmCheers Mick.
I’ve also asked Kev to rehouse all the above Chamonix chat. I think the lads are looking to build something to prevent individual forum pages being used for topics other than the intended. A work in progress as someone once said.

And while I’m on Mick - can I leave it with you to have a chin wag with Syl :) Will you chat himself up for yer usual rendezvous CP ;)
Lillian DeeganApr 10 2019, 1:46pm** Race Director Update **

As we approach mid April - I'm on to remind all looking to enter this 80 mile event - you have until 21hrs April 30th, to sort your on-line race entry. Anyone not entered by then will not be on the start listing come race day.

To be considered for entry - you need to send me details of your recent race history linking a 50k or greater race to show form. Email with race link to be sent to Wicklowwayrace@gmail.com

So far, I have 4 lads entered that I know nothing about - their €60 race entry fees may well go towards special treats else where on race day - advance thanks to those 4 lads! Base line here - if you have not heard from me, I've not heard from you and your entry is not valid.

** RACE PACER guidelines**

If a participant wishes to have someone run a section of the course with them this is permitted from the Iron Bridge CheckPoint only and according to the time limits listed below. Support runners are NOT permitted before this point on the race route.

•Where the participant is exiting the Iron Bridge Checkpoint between 11:30 and the 12:00 cut off.

•Where the participant is exiting the Dying Cow Checkpoint between 15:30 and the 16:00 cut off.

•Where the participant is exiting the Raheenakit Checkpoint between 18:00 and the 18:30 cut off.

**Support runners are only permitted where the participant leaves the checkpoint 30 minutes or less before the cut off time for that check point as outlined above.

The aim of this rule is to keep the front end of the race as fair as possible by ensuring those participants who do not have a support runner available to them are less likely to be competing against participants with a support runner. It also recognises that the runners closer to the cut off times and possibly struggling to make cut offs in order to finish within the strict 21 hour time limit can benefit from a support runner.

Where a participant is accompanied by a support runner the participant must carry their own compulsory kit at all times, support runners are not permitted to carry runners compulsory kit.

I will happily outright DQ anyone found not to be abiding by the above ask.

Finally,
I have transport arranged to ferry ppl back to Marlay Park from the finish line. Once we hit early May, I will be back with more info. on this transport plan. Come early May, with entry closed, I hope to be in a better position to identify the most appropriate times to figure gauge departure times from Clonegal on race afternoon/ evening.

Any queries, let me know and we'll figure a solution as best possible.
tom cassidyApr 11 2019, 6:11pmThanks Lillian !
Stankiewicz MichalApr 25 2019, 11:23amHello i was send my records yesterdeay but dot get any response yet i hop email went...
Best regards Michal Stankiewicz
Lillian DeeganApr 25 2019, 9:17pm.

Thanks Michal. Your good to get get entered, email replied to earlier. Let me know if you've any bothers.

Last reminder - Entry for this race closes next Tuesday, April 30th at 21h. No late entries this year.

We have 69 yellow men seekers in as of tonight, 7 of whom I know nothing about. Naughty naughty! The same 7 people are likely to remain nameless on the start list come race day too. No records :)

Update: CP & Drop bag options:
Keep your drop bags neat, small, really well sealed and clearly named.

CP1 - Crone 21km: Water refill here. Your own food drop bag, non returnable.

CP2 - Glendalough 49km: Water, fruit and coke refill here. Your own food drop bag.

CP3 - Iron Bridge 75km: Water refill with fruit and coke here. A drop bag with a shoe or clothes change is possible here. This drop bag will be brought to the finish in Clonegal. Keep the bag decent size wise, sealed well and named clearly to help us not loose anything in transit.

CP4 - The Dying Cow 102km: Water, Coke and fruit refill. Your own food drop bag, non returnable.

CP5 - Raheenakit 111km: Water, Coke and fruit. Possible jellies here. Your own food drop bag, non returnable.

In Clonegal, the local chipper will be a welcome sight for a few. IMRA will cover food for those who can keep it down.

Thanks all, Lillian
Gordon PlaceApr 25 2019, 11:19pmThanks Lillian. I'm going to take a leaf out of Enda McNulty's book and 'Commit'!
Stick me down for a half single, smoked cod and a spice burger, loads of salt & vinegar please. Have to finish now...
Gordon PlaceApr 25 2019, 11:27pmThat was a joke by the way, i am not prompting another list!
Lillian DeeganApr 26 2019, 6:01amGood man G, I love it :) Go on start a list, I dare ya. I will ask the women below whas their half n half options
Lillian DeeganApr 27 2019, 5:25amMr O'Murchu - Thank You. Worked like a dream Pól, much obliged ;)

Guys, Pól has sent the lovely magenta gain shade - Trace de Trail link is now back up and running :)
Lillian DeeganMay 8 2019, 11:23amOn to mention road closures for Sunday May 12th on the off chance anyone is planning a recce of the lower end of the race route. A Carlow car rally club will hold a one day event this Sunday and many of our minor roads will be inaccessible from early morn to late eve.

Lillian
Lillian DeeganMay 10 2019, 1:27pmHi all,

Re: Race day transport from the Clonegal finish line:

All runners have been sent an email detailing optional transport from Clonegal back to Marlay Park for Saturday June 8th. If you did not receive my email, let me know. I will be back on here to confirm when the shop purchase option becomes available. You will have until May 27th to secure a seat on a bus if needed.

To all my super organised volunteers - An email has gone out to you today. If you have not received same, let me know.

Thanks all
Lillian
Remi DelilleMay 13 2019, 1:11pmHello all,

I'm looking for a little guidance. For the Wicklow Way Race, which OSI maps cover the route? From looking around, it looks like 50, 56, and 62. Is there a source where the entire Wicklow Way is covered on just one map?

Just trying to cover the mandatory gear. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Remi
John MurrayMay 13 2019, 1:25pm_______________________________________________________

@Remi

EastWest Mapping do a complete Wicklow Way Booklet.

https://www.eastwestmapping.ie/product/the-wicklow-way-2/

Smaller than carrying all the individual maps.

Lillian DeeganMay 14 2019, 2:42pmThanks for that John ;)

All,
The purchase option to buy a seat on the return bus from Clonegal on June 8th is now available from the IMRA shop. The cost will be 17 Euro pp. You will have till May 27th to get a seat paid for in advance of race day, if needed.

I have not pinned down specific return times as yet with the transport company down home. This will be done on race day once I see how runner numbers fare out heading for the finish line. There will be two buses making the run back to Marlay Park, one in the afternoon and the 2nd sometime late eve.

Lillian
Toni LloveraMay 22 2019, 10:45amHi Lilian,

I was talking to George C. and I am happy to help on the day, at registration/midnight in Marlay park, Crone Woods or/and Glendalough. Thanks

Toni
Thomas DomicanMay 22 2019, 3:42pmIwasjust wondering does anyone know what time the car park in marlay park closes on the Saturday evening of race
Sarah BradyMay 23 2019, 11:48amHi Thomas. It shuts at 9. The Lidl across from Marlay is a good place to park if you think your car is going to be there a while. I parked there for the race two years ago and my car was there til Monday, haha. :)
Thomas DomicanMay 23 2019, 2:13pmThanks Sarah I'll do that
Thomas DomicanMay 23 2019, 2:14pmThanks Sarah I'll do that
Lillian DeeganMay 24 2019, 1:49pm.
Thanks for that Sarah.

Tom,
I have asked Marlay Park for the OK to keep the park open till the 2nd bus gets up from the finish line. So you'll have the parking space within Marlay as an option too.

To all my happy helpers - I have sent out a guide duty outline this afternoon. If you've not received same, let me know.

IMRA people,
We could do with a few more hands for our Friday night, June 7th registration at St Johns GAA clubhouse. And I'm short 3 helpers for checkpoints on lower end of the race route. Anyone willing and able might let me know on wicklowwayrace@gmail.com - thanks.

Runners,
Here's hoping all 90 odd of you are running well and nicely prep'd for race day. Your Road Book will be circulated in the next two days. And, I see I have 16 people in with a seat for transport back to the big smoke. This transport purchase option will close on May 27th, next Monday. After this date, your on your own looking for a spin back to Dublin.

Thanks everyone
Lillian
John CondonMay 24 2019, 3:35pmHi Lil, happy to help out at registration.
Lillian DeeganMay 24 2019, 3:57pmThanks a mil JC ;) We also have Pòl to help with odd route day bits - Happy days :) Cheers lads.

Runners,
I've a little correction to make regarding the on-line transport option. I've noted (by mistake) May 27th as next Tuesday where I should have noted Monday.

The transport purchase option will close to all on Monday May 27th at 21h.

Lillian
Mark RaleighMay 25 2019, 9:42amHi Lillian, I can help at registration too. I've put my name in. Cheers Mark
Lillian DeeganMay 25 2019, 2:33pmThat's fab, cheers Mark. Email with detail to follow ;)

Have sufficient help for this one now - thanks everyone.

Lillian
Imogen McGuinnessMay 25 2019, 10:40pmHi Lilian, I live near Tinahely. I'm happy to help out in my locality.
Lillian DeeganMay 25 2019, 10:56pmGood woman, that would be fab. I have a little surprise treat for all who make it to the Tinahely/ Hacketstown road crossing for the new stairway climb. I may well pop in a road marshal for that location. I'll be in touch ;)
Katarzyna (Kate) KantochMay 27 2019, 8:38pmHi Lillian, I put my name as a Volunteer but never got any email. If you still need a hand, please let me know. Kate
Lillian DeeganMay 27 2019, 9:07pmHi Kate,
We are ok for help for this event, have a sufficient number in. Thanks very much all the same. Might I suggest you look to some of the upcoming races. A few other race directors are asking for a hand.

Cheers
Lillian
Vincent GaudinMay 28 2019, 11:12amHi!
I missed the transport option ...
Any other way to get a ticket, or car pool?

Vincent
Lillian DeeganMay 28 2019, 11:18am.
Hi Vincent,
I'm at the desk today doing WW Race admin tasks. I will email you in short to try and figure a plan.

Lillian
Remi DelilleMay 31 2019, 1:18pmHi Lillian,

I haven’t seen the Road Book yet. Has that been circulated already?

Thanks!
Remi
Lillian DeeganMay 31 2019, 1:27pmHi Remi,
I'm on the move at the minute, will be back at the desk later. Will get same out to all then.

Lillian
Lillian DeeganMay 31 2019, 10:17pmRace day info. has been sent to all. If I've missed you, let me know.

Although, for this night next week, it is all super simple really - rock up anytime after half nine next Friday night at the GAA Clubhouse off Marlay Park, sign-in, get your race No. Show your mandatory kit, get your tracker, drop your food/ shoe change bag(s). Go to the toilet. Be at the start area by the Wicklow Way plaque from 23:45 for race brief. Then all is left is to run to down to Clonegal as quick as you can. We will be by the finish till 21hrs - after that your on your own.

I have all but 25 ppl (plus Vincent) coming back up to the big smoke by bus. Marlay Park will stay open till the 2nd bus returns to Dublin. I will figure departure times on race day for each of the two mini buses.

Special Msg on the IMRA Emergency contact No. Much and all as I love many of you - Can I ask you to please save and only use the IMRA Ph. No. for race day emergencies. The No. is 087 261 7599. Save it to your phone now and have it done. Fingers crossed you'll not need it.

And that it folks - see all next Friday night for a 20 odd hour bita hill running fun :)

Lillian
Lillian DeeganJun 3 2019, 2:58pm.
A few issues to highlight ahead of registration and race day:

We have 90 odd runners in this year. I will post the starter list and tracker link later this week. All race day Bib No.'s will be issued at registration. These will be unique numbers just for our event. All finisher info. will be tied back to your IMRA No. post race.

Mandatory Kit - Be prepared to show listed items at registration on Friday night and during the event when asked. Failure to have an item will mean no start. Or a DQ from the field during the race if need be. ALL MANDATORY ITEMS MUST BE CARRIED FOR THE DURATION OF THE RACE. Our race aim is to be fair to everyone racing - top end to the back of the field.

Headlight & Spare Batteries - Be sure you have spare batteries. Friday night into Saturday morning is likely to be wet. Be prepared to over use your headlight. The headlight stays in your backpack till the finish line.

Hi-viz reflective gear - Everyone must have this item on them from gun time to race finish. You are being asked to be clearly visible to all other road users for everyone's safety. A flashing light can be an additional item on your back pack but it does not replace a hi-vis vest.

Route Map - Everyone must carry a map of the route. Everyone should be familiar with how to read their map. Screenshots of a map will not pass kit inspection. You will need to know where varied locations are when asked at registration to ensure your familiar with the Wicklow Way route.

Checkpoints & Drop Bags - You can have a dry bag left at registration to be taken to the finish line for you. Have the same clearly labeled - your name and Clonegal needs to written on your dry bag. Have it securely tied for transit to the finish line.
We have one other dry bag drop location - Iron Bridge - You can send a shoe/clothes change to this CP. The same will be brought to the finish line for collection after the race. All other Checkpoints are for food drop bags ONLY. Items will not be returned from anywhere bar Iron Bridge.

I might be back later in the week with a few more bits for mention. If you have any queries, let me know and we'll get you sorted ahead of Friday night.

Thanks all
Lillian
Thomas LawlerJun 3 2019, 8:00pmHi Lillian just wondering are we allowed to take hot drinks or food off family/friends in the CP on route
Lillian DeeganJun 3 2019, 8:33pm.
Hi Thomas,

Yep, this is fine once crew support is only at the nominated checkpoints on race day. I like strong black coffee myself, not sure about Baz - I don't think he takes either - just saying. Let me know what your crew look like at Reg time :)
Lillian DeeganJun 3 2019, 11:38pmFor those asking - a GPX of the trail can be found on the details section of our race page. Pls see the trace de trail info. The 2019 race day link is as follows: https://tracedetrail.fr/en/trace/trace/82279

Any Wicklow Way route diversions on race day are what you follow to remain on the race route.

Lillian
Lillian DeeganJun 4 2019, 10:21pm.
Tracker link ppl - http://live.primaltracking.com/wicklowwayrace19/

Lillian
Paolo GirolamiJun 5 2019, 6:02pmI have a question regarding mandatory kit: went through the Race Instructions PDF file we received by email and if I get it correctly waterproof trousers are no longer mandatory. Re-read the PDF twice but want to make sure I didn't miss anything.
Paolo GirolamiJun 5 2019, 6:19pmMy bad, the mandatory kit is actually in the Details section: waterproof trousers are still mandatory.

Mandatory Kit list as follows:

"Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers"
Lillian DeeganJun 5 2019, 8:23pm.
Hi P,
Waterproof bottoms may well be needed for the early stage of the race. Long leg running bottoms are also noted in the final race day instructions - runners will use their own head and be sensible with their choice of bottoms I would hope. Either item will pass kit inspection.

All,
There will be a few maps available for purchase at Reg. if anyone still needs to collect their one. Cost is €9.

Lillian
Gavin ByrneJun 6 2019, 11:26amHi. Quick question..
Is Ironbridge the only returnable drop bag?
Also can we leave a bag for the finish?
I'm sure it's wrote somewhere just can't find it.
Thanks
Gav
Lillian DeeganJun 6 2019, 11:34am.
Yep, sin è Gav. Iron Bridge is the only CP that allows for drop bags to be delivered to the finish line. And a dry bag can be passed on at Reg. to be delivered direct to the finish line.

All CP food and dry bags need to be clearly labeled and well sealed - runners name, bib No. and the CP location should be written clearly on all.

Lillian
Gavin ByrneJun 6 2019, 11:45amSuper! Thanks Lillian :)
Lillian DeeganJun 6 2019, 11:55am.
For those asking what a dry bag is - Your dry bag will contain dry, clean clothes to change into after the race. These bags will be collected at Reg. on Friday night to be transported straight down to Clonegal once Reg. closes.

For those asking what their race bib. No. is - pls check the tracker link here for same - http://live.primaltracking.com/wicklowwayrace19/
Niamh KellyJun 6 2019, 2:39pmThe very best of luck to all running tomorrow night! we will see you at the finish line in Clonegal

Now, remember!!

Run the first third with your head
( BE SMART)

Run the second third with your legs
(BE STRONG)

Run the Last third with your Heart
( BE INSPIRED)

found on( run for good dot com)

Hope you all have a great run
Niamh
Karl RichardsJun 6 2019, 4:13pmHi Lilian Just to be clear our race bib number is the same as the number listed on primal tracking for the tracker? Just want to be crystal clear so i dont write the wrong number on the drop bag.

Thanks Karl
Lillian DeeganJun 6 2019, 4:19pm.
Hi Karl,

Yes - the tracker link has all runner race day bib numbers. See my msg. of this morning re: same as above.

Lillian
Jeff FitzsimonsJun 7 2019, 6:11pmBest of luck to all, both runners and volunteers.
Robert CarneyJun 7 2019, 8:46pmBest of luck to everyone.
Fair play to Lillian and all the volunteers for what is a long day out.
John J BarryJun 8 2019, 5:15pmBoth Records Broken today :

Ladies:
OLD: 2018 Sarah Brady F 16:50:04
NEW: 2019 MUNDOW Aoife F 16:06:30

OLD : 2013 Eoin Keith M40 12:25:06
New : 2019 BRITTON Robbie M 12:11:07

Congratulations to Mr Robbie Britton and Ms Aoife Mundow
Mick HanneyJun 8 2019, 7:44pmCongrats to the record breakers and all who ran today.
Great organisation by Lillian & co to put this together.
The 2018 record was S to N, so I guess that still stands ;-)
Gordon PlaceJun 8 2019, 8:09pmA huge thank you to Lillian, Barry and all the volunteers for everything being so well organised and for looking after everyone so well
Eoin KeithJun 8 2019, 9:33pmCongrats to the new record holders. Super running.

Robbie is a class athlete in every way. No better man to take down one of my old records in style.

Mick, I'm pretty sure no records were set in 2018. AFAIK I'm the holder of the fastest S->N time set as a solo effort before the modern days of the race existing. It's meaningless. Not a record. No more than a mere quirk. There is a fastest time for running the Wicklow way. Robbie holds that record. Full Stop. End of Story. Direction is part of the choice in going for the record. It's an attribute of the record and no more.
Alistair HodgettJun 9 2019, 9:39amA very memorable night and day in the hills. Sincere thanks to the volunteers who gave so much time and goodwill to make it possible.
Thomas RocheJun 9 2019, 9:49amThanks Lillian and crew for a fantastic day. But most of all thank you for the ice cream ;-)
Zoran SkrbaJun 9 2019, 10:00amA big thanks to Lillian and all her crew. The ice-cream van at 96k was magic.
Vivian O'GormanJun 9 2019, 11:01amA big thank you and well done to Lillian and Barry. The amount of time and effort they put in and attention to detail was fantastic.

Thanks also to all the runners for their good humour and banter. They made my day at the Dying Cow very easy.

Thank you to the people of the Dying Cow also who looked after us very well...

A great day despite the few showers!!
Stephen BrennanJun 9 2019, 11:59amGreat race Lillian, very well organised. Thanks to everyone who helped out.

Whew..I'm glad to have that monkey off my back :)
Rory LeadbetterJun 9 2019, 12:03pmCongrats to Lillian on hosting a great race. Thanks to all the volunteers at the CPs who had everything so well prepared that I didn’t want to leave. And thanks to everyone I met along the way for the chat and keeping the spirits up. Great bunch of ppl.
Rory LeadbetterJun 9 2019, 12:03pmCongrats to Lillian on hosting a great race. Thanks to all the volunteers at the CPs who had everything so well prepared that I didn’t want to leave. And thanks to everyone I met along the way for the chat and keeping the spirits up. Great bunch of ppl.
John MollohanJun 9 2019, 12:27pmThanks to all the volunteers working yesterday for their time and effort. The WWR is a hardy day out in the hills, made much more manageable and enjoyable with all your help and enthusiasm. The huge volume of work which goes into organising pre-race, race day, and no doubt lots of post-race too, takes months of work, and huge commitment from everyone involved. All us runners and the big benificaries. Thanks team WWR
Lillian DeeganJun 9 2019, 4:52pmHey all :)

Here’s hoping everyone is feeling so so today, runners and helpers alike. Our 2019 race was an absolute cracker all round, no issues nor incidents to report thank heavens. We had 97 runners registered with 80 hitting the Marlay Park start mat and 53 finishers. For the 27 who didn’t make Clonegal, can we just say, fair play towing the start line. That is a feat in itself for many. It is so often said, this one is a 2 time gig, don’t loose hope! We will run off a full and proper msg once the cars are emptied with lost and found ready to be claimed.

For now, we are on with a massive word of thanks to all our super fabulous volunteers. This race like all other IMRA events would not be possible without you - Everything ran like clockwork, from Reg. night through to the finish line. All checkpoints were ran with military precision - DRD Barry and myself were blessed to have such amazing volunteers man all 6 CPs down the route. Everyone gave their everything to ensure the runners were given the best chance to make it to the next CP time and time again. Millions of thanks guys from Baz and me.

With the men’s and women’s course records broken, we also had a few more personal bests smashed mighty - more on this anon. For now, I’ll list the following:

Men:
Robbie Britton - 12:11:07. (Eoin Keith’s 2013 record 12:25:06)
Gavin Byrne - 13:00:23. (He of recent Round record breaking fame) #TrueGrit
Remi Delille - 14:08:37.
M40 - Shane Lynch - 14:34:53. (He too of recent Round breaking glory) #SavageGoing
M50 - John Mollohan - 15:26:17
M60 - Stephen Brennan - 19:48:33

Women:
Aoife Mundow - 16:06:30 (Sarah Brady’s 2018 record 16:50:04)
Clare Keeley - 16:16:06
Claire Heslop - 17:46:17
F40 - Joint winners - Claire Morrissey & Mairead O’Keefe - 19:28:22 - well done women! I’ll get your Age Cat Dynafit prize to you at the upcoming Tucker Trail event.
F50 - Siobhan Hayes - 20:04:16

We are extremely grateful to Dynafit and Adventure.ie for the sponsorship link-in once again this year. Thanks ever so much Ross, Cindy and Ronan #Special And Ross came back to close out the route for the 2nd year running - Woohoo :)

We would like to make mention of the lovely gesture by our lead man, record breaker and general overall sound “easy now” chap that is Robbie Britton. Our sponsors Dynafit gave shoes to our top end 1st placed male and female runners. Robbie felt he would like to give something back to the race. As the 1st man home, Robbie asked for his prize trail shoe winnings be given to the last person home. Such a lovely kind offering - Paolo Girolami- wear them shoes with pride! We are so delighted you closed ‘er out this year and to an unexpected special treat too ;)

Finally, we have a few little result tidy ups to do with Primal tracking. Once complete, we will get all results published on the IMRA website and linked to your ITRA profile.

All the best to everyone getting the legs and body to come round :)

Baz & Lillian
Neil GunningJun 9 2019, 5:26pmThanks to all the volunteers and Lillian and Barry for running such a great event. So much encouragement and support - I’m very new to IMRA but couldn’t speak any higher of the community. Biggest challenge ive ever attempted yesterday and I loved every minute of it - looking forward to a second attempt next year already. Well done to all the finishers and super new record times - I’m in awe of how you can move through that course so quick - gives us all hope ;)
Lillian DeeganJun 9 2019, 6:02pm.
Cheers Neil. I’ve no doubt this years hardship will be the making of you for 2020. It was really great meet you in person too ;)

Guys,
I am a tad dopey at the mo - by mistake I noted two incorrect Age Cat. finisher times below. Our M50 John Mollohan’s wrap-sheet should read - 15:26:17 and Our M60 Stephen Brennan’s finisher time should read - 19:48:33. Savage goings lads, fair play to ye!
Ivana KolaricJun 10 2019, 11:27amA big thank you to Lillian and crew for an incredible day and epic race. It was my first WW race and I'm sure it will not be the last one. :) And that sausages at CP5...oh my gosh they were delicious. :D
Peter GormanJun 11 2019, 8:26amAfter two days of painful recovery im already looking forward to next years event. Thanks Lillian for putting on a flawless race, Volunteers for their aid at the CP's and supporters in the most unlikely of places (Cow bells included).
Lillian DeeganJun 11 2019, 11:28am.
Lovely messages for all our race day helpers, thanks very much everyone. Going cow bell shopping today Peter ;)

** Lost & Found **
Having gone through the car boot bits n bobs, all I have left to find the owner of is a White 2016 Mourne Skyline T-shirt. If anyone is missing their one, let me know and we will get it back to you.
Shane LynchJun 12 2019, 4:40pmHi Lillian, I’m making a habit of leaving t-shirts behind after the WW race! That’s my t-shirt - not too worried about it, in fact I have another one of those 2016 t-shirts, I’m sure i’ll pick it up at some stage!!

Thanks again for such a great and well organised event, and also thanks to all the helpers throughout the night/day. Like everyone else, I had many gems of moments throughout, many linked to the helpfulness of the volunteers at the aid stations. Sometimes it was the tasty food being handed to me, sometimes it was tough love like in CP5 where I was told to “get out of dodge” - all much appreciated!
Shane LynchJun 12 2019, 4:41pmHi Lillian, I’m making a habit of leaving t-shirts behind after the WW race! That’s my t-shirt - not too worried about it, in fact I have another one of those 2016 t-shirts, I’m sure i’ll pick it up at some stage!!

Thanks again for such a great and well organised event, and also thanks to all the helpers throughout the night/day. Like everyone else, I had many gems of moments throughout, many linked to the helpfulness of the volunteers at the aid stations. Sometimes it was the tasty food being handed to me, sometimes it was tough love like in CP5 where I was told to “get out of dodge” - all much appreciated!
Siobhán HayesJun 13 2019, 1:54pmMuch thanks to Lillian and all the volunteers for such a great race. The encouragement along the way was just brilliant.
Paolo GirolamiJun 16 2019, 3:11pmIt’s hard to explain somebody you left home to go to a race with a pair of shoes and came back the day after with two pairs… I already reached out to the new record-older Robbie Britton to express my gratitude for the lovely gesture last week but then had a 6:00am flight on Monday morning so never got around to say thanks. A huge THANK YOU to Lilian and all the volunteers for this year’s amazing Wicklow Way Race. To say that I got taken care of at checkpoints is an understatement. Especially at Glendalough and Rainakeeth, I didn’t even have to think - the volunteers there did it for me! And considering the close call I had at the Dying Cow, all the help may as well have made the difference between a bitter DNF and a sweet finish!
Lillian DeeganSep 14 2019, 12:32pm.
**** 2020 WIcklow Way Race ****

Announcing next years race detail - The WW Race will run from Clonegal, Carlow to Marlay Park, Dublin on July 11th 2020. The race will start at midnight with a running time of 21hours. Further updates in due course.