Irish Mountain
Running Association

Knockmealdown Half

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
David PowerMar 28 2018, 7:43amHi - I haven't picked up my 2018 race number (1481) or chip yet. Is that an issue or do you assign numbers on the day?
David
John J BarryMar 28 2018, 11:30amideally it would have been nice to have picked up your number but since you haven't a temporary one will be assigned on the day. The CHIP will not be needed.
Darren CroweMar 28 2018, 1:54pmHi, I'm entered for Saturday but this comment 'Experience with OPEN MOUNTAIN running is strongly advised for this race' has thrown me a little bit. I've a bit of experience, but not a massive amount. I did the Sli Gaeltacht half recently and that went fine, but I'm conscious that that route was fully marked and this one isn't. I don't have a great deal of experience navigating my own way so I'm just trying to gather more information on what to expect in advance. Is the comment linked more to the navigation or the difficulty, or both? Thanks
Gordon PlaceMar 28 2018, 9:33pmSorry, late notice with reg closing tonight but just added a car space to the pool if anyone wants to go from Dublin
Robbie WilliamsMar 29 2018, 6:35amDarren you will be fine
It's more the terrain
If you have 'common sense' and you have done Sli you will be ok.

Others: if you have not yet collected your number, we will give it to you on the morning , the original .

In Munster we don't do chips though so you will have to email National or wait until next Dublin race for that
Gordon PlaceMar 31 2018, 6:45pmA great race and route, that climb! Thanks to the RD and all the volunteers, especially the marshalls, was a different story up there
Deirdre GalvinMar 31 2018, 7:25pmSuch an epic race and route. Definitely one to affix to the calendar. Thank you to the organisers and marshals for an unforgettable Easter Saturday.
David PowerMar 31 2018, 8:49pmThanks Matthew and everyone who helped make this such a memorable morning. Excellent organization, beautiful course, a mix of weather conditions and good call on the mandatory kit. GAA centre afterwards was a welcoming place.
Brian FlannellyMar 31 2018, 11:48pmResults are now up for the Knockmealdown Half, the second installment of the Munster Half Marathon League.
Any questions/queries on results, please email:
brian.flannelly at imra dot ie
Many thanks to Matthew, and his team of volunteers, and everyone who made this brand new event such a success.