Irish Mountain
Running Association

Wicklow Way Relay

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Conor McElroyFeb 6 2018, 5:27pmHi There, when do you anticipate registration will be open for 2018 team entries?
The 2018 WWR event page says registration is closed - is this a hangover from 2017 or applies currently?

thanks
Mick HanneyFeb 6 2018, 7:54pmRegistration will be open in good time and advertised well beforehand. If you check the forum for the event last year you'll get an idea of when registration opened then, to get an indication.
Jason KehoeMar 22 2018, 4:51pm-----------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------
Wicklow Way Relay - May 27th 2018. This is a charity event for our junior international teams.
Team entries open on: Thurs 5th April 2018 @4:00pm
Four steps registration process for this event:

1. Download a copy of the entry form and fill out your team details: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nzZ-N6J3GWvrMzZiXe50DgZ73pqqHFkjOWIpEt386WU/edit?usp=sharing

2. Send the form as an attachment to my email: info@JKtherapy.ie from 4:00pm on Thursday 5th of April.
NB: Save a copy of your outbound email and CC yourself so you can confirm it went through. Early entries will be told to resubmit.

(first 30 forms IN ORDER to reach me after 4:00 pm take the spaces available. Any following entries will be put on a waiting list)

3. Await confirmation that your team is in (before midnight Thurs 5th April via email and on IMRA forum)

4. Once captain has received confirmation, go to the IMRA products page and purchase the Wicklow Way Relay product: https://www.imra.ie/shop/products

(you must be logged into MyIMRA for this to work)

THIS COMPLETES REGISTRATION. Then you have TWO MORE steps to do before your team will be allowed to start on the day, these steps be communicated by email to captains of confirmed teams.

Andreas KuschMar 22 2018, 8:19pmHi Jason,

Can you please confirm the date for the relay. It is listed as Saturday 19th May 2018 under events.
However, you email states May 27th.

Thanks, Andreas
Jason KehoeMar 23 2018, 9:19amSIGH....I was looking at last years calendar. You are indeed correct Andreas, thanks for spotting.

-----------------------------------------
CORRECTION: RACE DATE IS MAY 19TH 2018
David PowerMar 28 2018, 2:49pmJason - for people who are not 2018 IMRA members, I know the 15 euro includes membership for one race, but do they also need to complete a membership form? The document (point 8) references this but I can't see any form to download on IMRA site. David
Lindie NaughtonApr 3 2018, 8:45amSIGH - wish is was May 27!!
Lindie NaughtonApr 3 2018, 8:45amSIGH - wish is was May 27!!
Jason KehoeApr 4 2018, 1:36pmHi David,

No, we have dispensed with one day registration forms. All non members will need to create a free MyIMRA account and I think add a 1 day membership option from the 'IMRA Products' page. Details to be sent to captains of confirmed teams.

Thanks,
Jason
Jason KehoeApr 5 2018, 12:05am------------------------------------
------------------------------------
Seems like there was a problem with the entry form link for a few people. Please try this one:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LFeLbEJzZ2_NFm5YTIyLoB3EzlKwNKMBf5lG_uPYJj0/edit?usp=sharing

Jason
Shane O'MalleyApr 5 2018, 9:51amFor people completing the form, please click on "File", and "Make a copy"

At the moment i can see the live form being edited.
Robert CostelloApr 5 2018, 4:04pmEntry submitted bang on 4pm!
Shane O'MalleyApr 5 2018, 4:11pmAnticipation!!!

Are we there yet, are we there yet
Jason KehoeApr 6 2018, 12:46am----------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------
First 30 teams registered within 16mins. Further instructions to accepted captains directly by email.

Remaining teams are on a standby list and we are trying to come up with some sort of solution to cater for more teams and more traffic. Further details in 24hrs time for this on standby list.

Team Name Captain
---------- -------
DW Mountain Rescue Brendan Lawlor
The Hateful 8 Brian mcguckin
TT Racers Terry McConnon
Tinahely Tri Club Darren Mooney
Hurt Squad Robert Costello
Ticknock Trailers Caoimhín MacMaoláin
Brothers Pearse Eoin Kennedy
Le Cheile AC Miriam Maher
Tipping off there Barry Cormack
Glendalough AC Rene Borg
Na Phiarsaigh Pearse Coyle
West Waterford AC Dunford
Not much faster... Jeff Swords
OverBoards Paul Joyce
Wicklow Waysters Emma Sokell
Cork Orienteers Rob McEvoy
Rush Running Andreas Kusch
Team Hill’arious Ann Horan
UCD Orienteers Mike Long
Crusaders AC John McAuley
Grassroots Jarlath Hynes
Mountain Swifts Vivian O’Gorman
Ryans Privates James Ryan
Liffey Trail... Padraig Doyle
Lactic Lunatics Jim Leahy
Agony of Defeet Lisa Shine
Slaney Olympic Vanessa McShane
Athenry AC Kenneth O Hara
Sportsworld Michael Cunningham
Bravehearts John Rowe

----------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------
Vanessa McShaneApr 7 2018, 9:44amHi Jason, its not urgent but a mistake was made on our part and we need a name change for our team. Team name is not Slaney Olympic but The Gap Trail Runners. Regards Vanessa Mc Shane.
Rene BorgApr 8 2018, 2:47pmI have put together the current routes for the legs in plotmyroute. They'll be uploaded to the actual event page later:

Leg 1: https://www.plotaroute.com/route/570281
Leg 2: https://www.plotaroute.com/route/570283
Leg 3: https://www.plotaroute.com/route/570285
Leg 4: https://www.plotaroute.com/route/570286
Leg 5: https://www.plotaroute.com/route/570290
Leg 6: https://www.plotaroute.com/route/570291
Leg 6 (rerouted version – we need to confirm if it is still thus): https://www.plotaroute.com/route/570292)
Leg 7: https://www.plotaroute.com/route/570294
Leg 8: https://www.plotaroute.com/route/570298
Jason KehoeApr 9 2018, 7:01pmCaptains, the product for team entry is now available. Entry closes on Wednesday 11th @7:00pm. Further details will be sent in email on Thursday 12th April with official team numbers when received.

@Vanessa - Ammended
@Rene - Updated event page

Thanks,
Jason
Jason KehoeApr 11 2018, 10:58pm--------------------------------
--------------------------------
OFFICIAL ENTRIES CLOSED

Payment should have been received by 7pm tonight from all team captains. Email confirmation and team numbers sent tomorrow.
---------------------------------
---------------------------------
Jason KehoeApr 12 2018, 1:26pm------------------------------------
FINAL TEAM ENTRIES 2018 and TEAM NUMBERS

Runners should shout the team number clearly and then (when they get their breath back) confirm their team name to the handover marshall.

Volunteers:
There will be a communication on the IMRA forum over the coming week for volunteer roles. Some captains have already promised volunteers on the day from their teams and I would ask that ALL captains would encourage their team to help us at some point throughout the day, especially the role of traffic marshalls which is so crucial to continuing this event.

TEAM# - TEAM NAME - CAPTAIN
1 - TT Racers - Terry McConnon
2 - Crusaders AC - John McAuley
3 - Rathfarnham AC - David Power
4 - Hurt Squad - Robert Costello
5 - Glendalough AC - Rene Borg
6 - Mountain Swifts - Vivian O’Gorman
7 - Ticknock Trailers - Caoimhín MacMaoláin
8 - Tinahely Tri Club - Darren Mooney
9 - Cork Orienteers - Rob McEvoy
10 - The Hateful 8 - Brian mcguckin
11 - UCD Orienteers - Mike Long
12 - Le Cheile AC] - Miriam Maher
13 - Studs Sweat and Stunners - Derek Cullen
14 - Brothers Pearse A.C. - Eoin Kennedy
15 - West Waterford AC - Michael Dunford
16 - The Kilcoolers - Andrew Hanney
17 - The SIG-nificant Others - James Ryan
18 - Athenry AC - Kenneth O Hara
19 - Not much faster, but certainly furiouser! - Tanya Sheridan
20 - Liffey Trailrunners - Padraig Doyle
21 - Grassroots - Jarlath Hynes
22 - Bravehearts - John Rowe
23 - Wicklow Waysters - Emma Sokell
24 - Rush Running - Andreas Kusch
25 - Agony of Defeet - Lisa Shine
26 - Tipping off there - Barry Cormack
27 - Dublin Wicklow Mountain Rescue - Brendan Lawlor
28 - Na Phiarsaigh - Pearse Coyle
29 - OverBoards - Paul Joyce
30 - Team Hill’arious - Ann Horan
31 - Lactic Lunatics - Jim Leahy
32 - The Gap Trail Runners - Vanessa McShane
33 - Sportsworld - Michael Cunningham
34 - The Mountain Toppers - Luke Lennon
35 - Avondale Avengers - Niamh O'Ceallaigh

Conor O'FarrellApr 12 2018, 1:44pmIf any team is short a member, I'd love to run a leg of this.

Con
John KeenanApr 12 2018, 5:08pmEvening all. Going to recce leg 6 of relay this evening. I done this leg in 2015 and it was shortened a bit. Does anyone know if it's back to the full distance and follows the whole Wicklow Way through the woods? It brought us out at the entrance to wood on Drumgoff hill in 2015. Thanking you all in advance.
Kenneth O'HaraApr 12 2018, 8:43pmIt remained that way the past few years as far as I know. Rene mentioned above he was to check which route was being used this year so no confirmation yet.
Mark RaleighApr 14 2018, 6:58pmI would love to be a part of this in a run and volunteer capacity so if any injuries or if a team is short let me know. I'm a M40, email me at markaraleigh@gmail.com. Cheers, Mark
Rene BorgApr 17 2018, 10:17pmOn the topic of leg 6 and re-routes in general: I have not yet had a chance to look at leg 6 this year in person but I am sure 'news' will filter through very soon as people recce it.

The general rule related to what route to take on the day is simple: the runner must follow whatever constitutes the official Wicklow Way on the day. This means any detours put in place, even if they were not in place during your recce, must be followed on the day.

As information filters back from people recceing the legs, a decision will always be made whether certain detours require extra marking (i.e. if they are considered unclear).

In previous years the leg 6 detour caused some confusion so we will try to provide a clear message ahead of the event once we have looked at it ourselves or information filters back to us.

Regardless, it's important to remember that should Coillte decide to put in place a detour the evening before the event (that no one is aware of) then this becomes the official route to follow on the day - even if no one has seen it ahead of time (recce runners, Race Directors etc.). Normally this is not a problem because a) it's unlikely and b) detour put in place because of felling are normally very clearly marked off in a discouaraging way.

for the other legs, we are not currently aware of any detours and hopefully that will remain the case.
Ann NolanApr 20 2018, 8:37pm***************************
VOLUNTEER UPDATE
Hi Everyone,

I am new to organising the volunteers for the 2018 WWR. We are looking for volunteers for the Relay. This may suit you if you are hanging around between legs or if you fancy some fresh air and being a spectator on race day. Either way I would really appreciate your help!

Handover Marshalls [HM]: Record team numbers and times as they arrive.
Traffic Marshalls [TM]: Ensure no illegal parking and no blocking of roads and handover area.

Current assignments:
1) Kilmashogue/ Start: 07:00 - Jason Kehoe [STARTER] & [REGISTRATIONS] Ann Nolan
2) Curtlestown/ Est. Arrival: 07:55 - Orla McEvoy [HM] & Peter O'Farrell [HM] & Angela Flynn [TM]
3) Lough Tay/ Est. Arrival: 08:55 – Tim Chapman [HM] & The Mountain Toppers & Rosi Figueroa [TM]
4) Oldbridge/ Est. Arrival: 09:20 – Angela Flynn [HM] & Rathfarnham AC [TM] & [TM]?
5) Glendalough/ Est. Arrival: 10:00 – Lindie Naughton [HANDOVER MARSHALL] & [TM (Pedestrian Traffic)]?
6) Drumgoff/ Est. Arrival: 10:55 - MASS START - 13:15 – Jean O’ Neill [HM] & The Kilcoolers [TM] & [TM]?
7) Ironbridge/ Est. Arrival: 11:45 – [HM]? & Studs, Sweat and Stunners [TM] & [TM]?
8) Crossbridge/ Est. Arrival: 13:00 – [HM]? & Avondale Avengers [TM] & [TM]?
9) Finish Line: Shillelagh/ Est. Arrival: 13:35 - [FINISH MARSHALL]?

I have highlighted the positions which still need to be filled in BOLD and a question mark?
You can volunteer online or drop me an email at ann.nolan24@gmail.com

Thanks in advance,
Ann

Tanya SheridanApr 20 2018, 10:57pmThanks for organising this Ann. Hopefully team captains can encourage the members of their teams who have time to help you out.
Brian FureyApr 21 2018, 9:16amHi Ann I can do Marshall end of leg 8.
Dermot MurphyApr 21 2018, 6:04pmHi Ann, I can do handover Marshall at the end of leg 7 at Cross ridge.
Mick HanneyApr 22 2018, 6:02pmI did a run taking in the southern half of Leg 6 this morning. There is no diversion in place from the official Wicklow way in place from the high point on the Military Road off Sliabh Mann. In recent years all that section was a road run. Now, you turn right into the forest and emerge onto the road by the sleepers off Sliabh Mann which are very slippery.

A few weeks back I was on the leg 6 section before this and saw no evidence of any diversion there either.
Ann NolanApr 22 2018, 8:59pm***************************
VOLUNTEER UPDATE 2.0
Hi Everyone,

I have put together the list of volunteers for positions throughout the WWR. Can you please ensure that you are happy with your posting as it is below.

Handover Marshalls [HM]: Record team numbers and times as they arrive.
Traffic Marshalls [TM]: Ensure no illegal parking and no blocking of roads and handover area.

Current assignments:
1) Kilmashogue/ Start: 07:00 - Jason Kehoe [STARTER] & [REGISTRATIONS] Ann Nolan
2) Curtlestown/ Est. Arrival: 07:55 - Orla McEvoy [HM] & Peter O'Farrell [HM] & Angela Flynn [TM] & Paul [TM]
3) Lough Tay/ Est. Arrival: 08:55 – Tim Chapman [HM] & The Mountain Toppers [TM] & Rosi Figueroa [TM]
4) Oldbridge/ Est. Arrival: 09:20 – Dermot McNamara [HM] & Rathfarnham AC [TM] & [TM]?
5) Glendalough/ Est. Arrival: 10:00 – Lindie Naughton [HANDOVER MARSHALL] & [TM (Pedestrian Traffic)]?
6) Drumgoff/ Est. Arrival: 10:55 - MASS START - 13:15 – Jean O’ Neill [HM] & The Kilcoolers [TM] & Maeve O’ Reilly [TM] & Ger Power [TM]
7) Ironbridge/ Est. Arrival: 11:45 – [HM]? & Studs, Sweat and Stunners [TM] & [TM]?
8) Crossbridge/ Est. Arrival: 13:00 – Dermot Murphy [HM] & Avondale Avengers [TM] & Brian Furey [TM]
9) Finish Line: Shillelagh/ Est. Arrival: 13:35 - [FINISH MARSHALL]?

APPEAL FOR HELP!!!
I have a shortage of volunteers and the following positions still need to be filled:

4) Oldbridge/ Est. Arrival: 09:20 – Traffic Marshall required
5) Glendalough/ Est. Arrival: 10:00 – TM (Pedestrian Traffic) required
7) Ironbridge/ Est. Arrival: 11:45 – [HM] & [TM] Required
9) Finish Line: Shillelagh/ Est. Arrival: 13:35 - [FINISH MARSHALL] required

Thanks in advance,
Ann

Diarmuid O'ColmainApr 26 2018, 12:57pmCan anyone please tell me where the handover from legr 7 to leg 8 takes place
Mick HanneyApr 26 2018, 2:14pmAbout 500m up from Crossbridge village, where the WW turns up a single grass track from the tarmac road. No parking up there, so need to park at Crossbridge.
Richard NunanApr 28 2018, 5:11pmIm sure you have it covered - Diversion in place on leg 5 .. instead of going over bridge up the long zig zag - route goes to the next bridge and up the next climb .. slightly shorter. (Today 28042018)
Mick HanneyApr 29 2018, 11:48amClarity needed on the section just after the boardwalk from Sliabh Mann on leg 6. The signage isn't ideal and there is evidence of people taking different routes, so just need to be consistent. And the various re-routings over the years have probably helped cause the various worn paths.

Option 1: There is a well worn short single track direct to the road, so the next few hundred meters of are downhill on the road.

Option 2: There is a less worn single track below the road which covers the same distance with the odd twist and turn but would be trickier if wet and slippy.

I think its the latter.
Richard NunanApr 29 2018, 11:58amHi Mick, recced the same section yesterday - the yellow man points to the inside track inside the poles of the bet down fence .. the track is before the small ditch before the road - the single track was better yesterday. It wouldnt be any harm to mark this so people arent tempted to pop out onto the road and take a fast decent. The track as per Renes instructions is the route.

*and i'm not providing clarity .. we had the same discussion yesterday on a group recce where we took the track - but discussed how easy it would be not to :-)
Mick HanneyApr 29 2018, 12:32pmGlad it wasn't just me :-)

Its even more confusing running the other way (which will be needed for the Wicklow way race guys) as signs are missing from that direction.

I'd be happy to add a couple more signs to clarify if the RD wishes.
Rene BorgApr 29 2018, 2:51pmRichard/Mick : I haven't had a chance to look at leg 6 this year. It's firstly good news that the long road diversion is finally gone.

Before the diversion this is what seems to have happened:

- People took the 'old route' (ignoring the right turn down to where the boardwalks link the grassy path to the road) and went straight out onto the road
- People followed the signs (correctly) down to the boardwalks and went directly onto the road at the end of teh grassy trail

I don't think anyone used the grassy trail on the inside of the bank although from memory I can remember it being vague. Unless I remember incorrectly, though, that trail is quite poor quality.

The paths map I posted does seem to suggest the official Wicklow Way is the grassy trail inside the bank. if that's the case, I think a marker before the raod pointing runners down there is necessary. Last I looked at that trail it was barely a trail, however - very poor quality - is that still the case?
Mick HanneyApr 29 2018, 6:22pm@Rene. I ran it today (the grassy bit) and would say it is as runnable as it needs to be.
If you can make it down that direction to assess it well and good. If not toss a coin and I can put up a sign depending :-) Important thing is consistency of approach from teams, which a sign would address.
Stephen PerryApr 29 2018, 9:13pmLeg 5 . I can confirm like Richard says there’s a division on Leg 5 due to timber felling , good news is it’s now 12.3km instead of the old 13.3km . Recce today 29/4/18
Rene BorgApr 30 2018, 9:08amMick, based on your feedback I'd go with the principle of 'it's a trail relay, so let's maximise trail', so let's use the grassy track.

Previously I preferred the road based on the principle that 'if there's an obvious advantage in doing something that is unclear, people will do what's unclear'. but a sign should leave no such excuses.
Mick HanneyApr 30 2018, 9:28amThanks Rene. I'll drop over there some evening this week and put up some signs to keep people on the right track.
Mick HanneyApr 30 2018, 8:13pmA couple of additional signs up. So on leg 6 when you emerge from the boardwalk towards the road you are guided right onto the single track below the road for about 200m. The amount of tarmac road running on leg 6 is back to the minimal it should be. When is the last time leg 6 was its original self I wonder.

Ditto the signs are clear heading north (for Wicklow solo runners).
Rene BorgMay 2 2018, 8:29amhi Conor,

Jason send a notification to say entries would open on 5th of April on March 22nd. The event sold out in less than an hour, so at the moment there's a waiting list.
Rene BorgMay 2 2018, 8:33amLEG 3 / LEG 4 CHANGE

We are trialling a change to the finish of leg 3 and start of leg 4 this year after discussions with the IMRA Committee and locals in the area.

There is now an enormous amount of events running past the Oldbridge junction which has caused tempers to flare high with the residents there. To not add fuel to the fire, the hand-over point will be moved away from the Oldbridge junction and instead happen 100m earlier at the 'actual' 'old bridge'.

This will mean all spectators and fracas moves out of sight (and hopefully hearing) of the residential houses at the junction. As both courses had major redesigns in later years we are not sacrificing a major historical record of times.

To help further: no spectators should congregate at the junction but rather move straight along to the bridges and as always there is zero parking in the junction. Use the forestry car park further down and make your way down to the bridges on foot. Do not park on the Oldbridge road itself as this will cause mayhem for regular traffic as the road is narrow.

In terms of course it means 100m reduction in leg 3 and 100m added to leg 4. Leg 4 runners thus at least get a bit more of a run-in to the Oldbridge Bank!
Ann NolanMay 2 2018, 12:02pm****************************************
VOLUNTEER APPEAL
The following positions have not been filled by any volunteer.

5) Glendalough/ Est. Arrival: 10:00 – TM (Pedestrian Traffic) required
6) Drumgoff Handover Marshall (including mass start)
7) Ironbridge/ Est. Arrival: 11:45 – [HM] & [TM] Required
9) Finish Line: Shillelagh/ Est. Arrival: 13:35 - [FINISH MARSHALL] required

Thanks in advance,
Ann

Brendan NevilleMay 2 2018, 1:28pmAnn, I can do Glendalough or Drumgoff as required. Regards, Brendan
Tanya SheridanMay 9 2018, 11:12pmJust to highlight again that 3 volunteers are still needed for the roles that Ann posted above. If anyone could step up to help Ann, Jason and the rest of the team that would be really appreciated. Organising this race is a huge undertaking so I am sure the RD team would be relieved to have a full team of volunteers as soon as they can.

Thanks everyone
Conor O'FarrellMay 10 2018, 12:02amHi Ann/Jason

I can help out on one of the early legs if needed. I am running the last leg, so anything early on (legs 1-4?) should be good.

Con
Ann NolanMay 10 2018, 2:36pm***************************
VOLUNTEER APPEAL

I still require 2 volunteers:

At leg 7 - Ironbridge I need a Handover Marshall

Also leg 7 - Ironbridge I need a Traffic Marshall.

Any help appreciated! The race cannot go ahead unless these positions are filled.

You can drop me a mail at Ann.nolan24@gmail.com

Ann
Ann NolanMay 10 2018, 2:52pmTo add to my appeal of HM and TM at Leg 7

A traffic Marshall for leg 4 - Oldbridge

Thanks
Ann
Niamh QuinnMay 11 2018, 6:41amHi, I am doing leg 7 and have never been to that area before. I am doing a Reece tomorrow. Can anyone help me on how to drive to where it starts and finish as bringing 2 cars and leaving them at both points. Thank you Niamh
Shane O'MalleyMay 11 2018, 7:18amHi Niamh,

The GPS coordinates for the start of Leg 7 are 52.903638, -6.406998 (It is just at a bridge over a river)
If you enter those into your satnav or phone it will bring you there.
The GPS for leg 8 are 52.813526,-6.492256

Cheers

Shane
Mick HanneyMay 11 2018, 10:54am@Niamh - I live relatively nearby. The East-West Wicklow South map is ideal for the area. Would suggest you drive to Aughrim, carry straight through village past GAA grounds towards Aughavanagh. Ironbridge is c. 10k out that road on your right. If you have a GPS to track coordinates as per previous post well and good. At Ironbridge itself you are likely to not have phone signal. Sections of leg 7 (after ford) are liable to be quite muddy after todays rain.

Best to stick to the main road between Tinahely and Aughrim if unfamiliar with the area. Park your car at Crossbridge village, not at the precise WW handover point as there is no parking up there.
Niamh QuinnMay 11 2018, 5:36pmThank you. One last question us it safe enough to do on your own and is it marked out well. Can't seem to find anyone else to do 21k with me I wonder why!!!
Mick HanneyMay 11 2018, 6:09pmSafe as anywhere on WW. Yellow men are at every junction and from time to time to reassure, but because of the distance it just needs a bit more concentration as there are more junctions and gate crossings. Have the map of the leg to hand, if unsure, as a guide. If you let me know what time you intend running I might be able to guide you on some of it 086-853955four
Jason KehoeMay 11 2018, 8:31pm**************************************
ROUTE UPDATES AND GLENMALURE HANDOVER
Leg 4:
As previously mentioned we are moving the handover area away from the busy junction at Oldbridge to make Leg 3 100m shorter. Parking will be out the Lough Dan road as usual. Do not park on the Wicklow Way downhill approaching the handover and ESPECIALLY at the Oldbridge junction.

Leg 5 Diversion:
Boardwalk is being replaced. The main points to note are that the WW is currently diverted in Glendalough, the section between the top of Poulanass Waterfall and under Derrybawn Mountains is diverted straight up into Lugduff forest up to Mullacor saddle - there are signs in place according to Parks Management.

Leg 6:
As per Mick Hanneys update. The WW is back to the original route. Mick has put a sign up on the turn-off to the road where he felt the signage of the WW was ambiguous.

Leg 6/7 handover point:
Glenmalure Lodge have been a key partner in the WWR since its inception providing us with parking in a busy location. Disappointingly, after an especially busy last weekend with the good weather, The Glenmalure Lodge do not want us to use their car park facilities this year. They have suggested an alternative which we are currently trying to organise with Coillte. Glenmalure Lodge are being inundated by groups (especially hikers) who use their car park on busy weekends and do not give them any custom in return. Indeed checking the tills they didn't have any noticeable sales from us last year (although it was a damp day). They are also concerned that passing potential customers are put off if there are many cars at the front of their premises yet do not realise they are not busy inside. They are considering bringing in a pay for parking system (possibly in the next few weeks) where you will pay for parking and get that amount taken off your bill on busy weekends such as many businesses do in Glendalough. All fair points from their perspective and we should have been supporting them where possible. It's a pity they don't take into account IMRA members custom from other events (Ballybraid etc.), as well as I'm sure the many individuals who are IMRA members and support them throughout the year. I'll be bringing my own coffee this year.

It shows that the WWR event is a very delicate event and we are always at risk of losing an important fundraiser for our junior international teams, as well as a great day out for everyone, by upsetting local residents and businesses / farmers.

Handover will still be at the crossroads but *ABSOLUTELY NO PARKING AT GLENMALURE LODGE*, regardless if you intend to purchase something in their establishment or not. Your team will be penalised and I'm not shy in pointing you out. Parking will be 500m up the road in a Coillte forest area which we will have open especially for the event. The parking is on the Wicklow Way which leg 7 runners run through. We will likely have this open between 10:30am to 2:30pm~ (tbc).

Finish Line:
Please support Kenny's Lounge and Pub where they will have hot food on offer and of course celebratory drinks. Make good use of your dedicated drivers and car pooling!

John RoweMay 11 2018, 11:30pmHow do you get the one day IMRA membership for the WWR. It does not appear on the list of products that can be purchased.
Ann NolanMay 12 2018, 2:07pm******************************
VOLUNTEER APPEAL

I still have 3 positions remaining to be filled

Leg 7 Ironbridge (estimated arrival 11:45) Handover Marshall

Leg 7 Ironbridge (estimated arrival 11:45) Traffic Marshall

Finish Marshall - Shillelagh (estimated arrival 13:35)

If you cannot volunteer yourself, please encourage others, especially those that might not see/check the forum. It is less than a week to the relay and these positions MUST be filled in order for the race to proceed.

Drop me a mail at Ann.nolan24@gmail.com

Ann
Paul JoyceMay 12 2018, 2:57pmHi Ann, I can do finish marshall (running leg 4 but should be at Shillelagh before 13:35).
Mick HanneyMay 12 2018, 4:44pm@Paul - I emailed Ann to say I should be able to get there. So, you are off the hook unless I get waylaid on the way south :-)
Mick HanneyMay 12 2018, 4:45pmBumping John's question back up as the 1 day membership is referred to in the earlier part of the thread but doesn't appear to be there for people?

How do you get the one day IMRA membership for the WWR. It does not appear on the list of products that can be purchased.
Jason KehoeMay 12 2018, 8:46pm***********************
RE: One day membership

We just require new runners to IMRA to register for a MyIMRA account. There will be no requirement for an additional one day membership purchase this year, just an account.

Thanks,
Jason
John RoweMay 14 2018, 12:17amThanks Jason for the update.

John
Stuart ScottMay 14 2018, 4:22pmHi Jason, Rene,

Just wondering if there is a historical results file around anywhere? I have vague recollections of one being on Dropcontainer or something similar?

I'm trying to remember my leg time from yonks back.

Thanks!

Stuart
Mick HanneyMay 14 2018, 7:14pmStuart - if you check last years event / forum you'll find the dropbox link no doubt. Do you think you'll be slower or faster :-)
Rene BorgMay 14 2018, 8:19pmhere's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j9l6hsw9cfh0rw3/AAD-54k3FdXfcb4Kk95NvLkaa?dl=0
Rene BorgMay 14 2018, 8:23pmBtw, great job marking the section on leg 6 Mick - there's no doubt in my mind afte rseeing the two Wicklow Way signs at either end that this is the official route.

this will mean the slowest version of leg 6 to date - and essentially a new version with its own records and bests.
Rene BorgMay 14 2018, 8:34pmSorry the link shared was to my entire Dropbox! I have removed al lfiles from that area temporarily to avoid a data breach.

In the meantime please find the file itself:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2l72yhvdr22uk6k/WWR%202002-2017.xlsx?dl=0

thanks Brendan Lawlor for the heads-up
Ann NolanMay 14 2018, 9:22pm*****************************************
VOLUNTEERS REQUIRED URGENTLY

Hi everyone

I still require 2 volunteers for leg 7 ironbridge for 11:30 am. The. Race is less than a week away and I need to get this sorted ASAP!!

Traffic Marshall can easily be done by someone running an earlier leg.

If these remain vacant we will not be able to give runners a time for legs 6 and 7.

Volunteer by emailing Ann.nolan24@gmail.com

Rene BorgMay 15 2018, 9:48amTeam captains:

You received a link to fill out the final details of your teams a few weeks back. If your team has been finalised (as it should be by now, barring injury), please fill out this form at your earliest convenience, as this will allow us to:

- Get the team overview up online
- Not have to enter all team details in the late hours of Friday evening after the deadline

Ideally you should only leave changes and entry for deadline day for the occassions where you have a lats minute injury.

Remember if you make your change after 5:30 pm, your team will no longer be competitive - only changes made officially and entered into the form up onto that point will count.
Shane O'MalleyMay 15 2018, 12:04pmHi Rene,

Could you send me that link. Our Captain cant get to a computer at the min and i need to send in amendments.

shane.omalley at gmail.com

Thanks

Shane
Shane O'MalleyMay 15 2018, 12:31pmHi Rene,

We found the link and sheet sent in now.

Thanks

Shane
Rene BorgMay 15 2018, 1:27pmHISTORICAL RESULTS

This year I have made another few improvements to the historical records file. The main improvement is that the legs now have clear ‘editions’ instead of the vague ‘old’, ‘new’, ‘re-route’ etc. Now editions are named by the years they were in place (2002-2007) etc. Only salient changes to the route are accounted for and there may be inaccuracies – please highlight if you see them.

There’s also a new feature showing all the results (in order) by team from the past 15 years in the tab ‘

NEW EDITIONS

This year’s relay will feature new editions of four of the 8 legs meaning times run on those courses will be new course records. This doesn’t supersede old records (they remain) but the new times are the ones to break on the current ‘editions’. As always conditions on the day make such records somewhat hard to compare – even on the same route – but it is the best we can do.

CHANGES THIS YEAR

When this year’s results are published the edition of leg 3, 4, 5, and 6 will be:

- Leg 3 (2018-present): Permanent change made to handover spot shortening leg by about 200m
- Leg 4 (2018-present): permanent change made to handover spot lengthening the leg by about 200m
- Leg 5 (2018): A temporary re-route is in place making the leg about 1 km shorter. We do not know for how many years it will be in place (the leg 6 re-route was in place for 2 years)
- Leg 6 (2018-present): For the first time we will follow the entirety of the ‘official grassy’ path and are back t the normal length of 12.8 km. This means leg 6 this year will be slower (on average) than at any previous editions

Now: record-breakers over to you.
Donal BradyMay 15 2018, 9:06pmHi,
I'm running leg 1 and have to drive myself to the start line. Can anyone tell me what the parking situation is like in the Kilmashogue carpark before the race? Also is there anywhere else to park nearby if it's full?

Thanks
John MollohanMay 15 2018, 11:15pmI have added myself to volunteer at Ironbridge Ann as discussed.
Phil AdamsMay 16 2018, 9:33amLeg 1 finish lift back to start:
Don't suppose there's anybody driving back to the start of leg 1 from Curtlestown and has space for one? I'll hopefully be running about 65-70 minutes.

Thnaks, Phil
Richard NunanMay 16 2018, 9:44amYep - I am driving back to drop Gordon. I'm on Team 21 (he on team 20) hopefully around 71.5 min
Phil AdamsMay 16 2018, 10:13amOh brilliant thank you. I'm on Team 12 Le Cheile and will have a club vest on also http://lecheileac.com/wp/.

Thanks again.
Conor O'FarrellMay 16 2018, 10:26amHi

I should be able to give someone a lift on the day. I am helping out on leg 4, but will be heading out to the leg 7/8 handover point to run the last leg.

Does anyone have an idea of the nearest place to park near the leg 7/8 handover point?

Con
Jeff SwordsMay 16 2018, 10:45amThere's parking down the hill to the east of the handover point with a church and a few houses, there's some parking there, just a minute or two walk.
John McAuleyMay 16 2018, 11:01amRichard, I may kindly ask you to also drop our leg one runner back also for Crusaders AC. I'll look out for you at leg one end that morning. No worries if your car is full, we'll figure something out.
John McAuleyMay 16 2018, 11:01amRichard, I may kindly ask you to also drop our leg one runner back also for Crusaders AC. I'll look out for you at leg one end that morning. No worries if your car is full, we'll figure something out.
Ann NolanMay 16 2018, 3:02pm********************
One volunteer still required for leg 7.
No times for leg 6&7 can be provided without this volunteer.

Drop me an email at

Ann.nolan24@gmail.com
John McAuleyMay 16 2018, 3:41pmJason - has parking been firmed up to replace Glenmalure Lodge? A potential Coillte alternative is referenced above so checking what the status of that is? Many thanks.
Richard NunanMay 16 2018, 3:46pmJohn mc Auley- no problem I can take your racer - i will be the lad with the Blue Columbia hat :-)

Phil Adams(le cheile), we are leaving leixlip at 6:15 am if you want to car pool (need to be back for daughters communion so we will be moving at speed )
Jason KehoeMay 16 2018, 3:50pm@John McAuley - *IF* the race is going ahead (subject to leg 7 marshall being found) we will have access to the coillte parking 500m past the Drumgoff crossroads. It's car park is actually on the WW. Your leg 6 runner will run through the carpark.

**NO PARKING AT GLENMALURE CROSSROADS OR PUB**
Mick HanneyMay 16 2018, 5:01pmReminder for race supporters who want to see their runner finishing leg 7, please do not park at the Derry water river bridge (on the Tinahely Hacketstown road) as its a narrow bridge and locals need access across it. Parking there can cause difficulties. Please park in Crossbridge.
Pearse CoyleMay 16 2018, 5:07pmJason, following up on your earlier post: "We just require new runners to IMRA to register for a MyIMRA account. There will be no requirement for an additional one day membership purchase this year, just an account."

So - when providing details of our runners (though registered, one of my team does not have a current year race number) what should we enter in the field: "IMRA Race number (current year!)"
Thanks, Pearse
Ann NolanMay 16 2018, 6:36pmAll volunteer positions now filled.

Thank you to everyone who stepped up!

Ann
Phil AdamsMay 16 2018, 8:51pmRichard, I'm in Lucan rather than Leixlip (the Dodsboro end). I could walk down to the bus stop on the N4 here https://goo.gl/maps/c27VBMrj1Y22 (just past the pedestrian footbridge from Tesco) for 6:20 - if that's the way you're driving and suits you? I'm also hurrying back for a communion!
Michael DunfordMay 16 2018, 10:32pmJust checking where leg 2 finishes. Is it the JB Malone car park? Thanks, Michael
Robert KierseyMay 17 2018, 9:11amHi set up an IMRA Account but have not been issued a race number for the Wicklow Way Race running as part of The SIG-nificant Others team.
Rene BorgMay 17 2018, 9:46amhi Michael, no the leg 2 to 3 hand-over is the next car park south of JB Malone - old Google maps show the Wicklow Way going down to JB Malone but that is not the current route on more accurate maps (and not as sign-posted either).

The exact hand-over spot is as shown in the map: https://www.plotaroute.com/route/570283

There is a black and yellow metal gate in place just 100m from when you turn right at the wood clearing - that's the exact handover spot. If you look on Google Maps (satellite view) you can see a second car park just south of JB Malone - the black and yellow gate is at the north end of it.

The gate is a 'relic' from old times as the Wicklow Way no longer goes the final 100m down to the gate - it was retained to preserve the excellent sub-60 minute record for leg 2 set by Brian McMahon. It has not caused problems as you can see quite some fracas of volunteers and team supporters the moment you turn the final corner. there is no Wicklow Way signage leading down to JB Malone Car Park anymore, so you shoul not be 'drawn down' by accident.
David PowerMay 17 2018, 10:39amRene/Jason/Ann - I completed the google form with Rathfarnham team details this morning and clicked GET LINK, however the page doesn't move onto a confirmation page. So just want to check has my info been saved? I've created google forms before and the /prefill link option is not something I've used when sending out.
David
Rene BorgMay 17 2018, 11:00amHi David, is this the link you are using: https://goo.gl/forms/YX9e30zpxQhqPprr2

There should be no ‘Get link’ button anywhere on the form. When I view the form in user mode I see the ‘Submit’ button at the end which is what you should be seeing. I added a ‘send receipt’ feature this morning for extra comfort.

The Rathfarnham team is not in the database anyway.
David PowerMay 17 2018, 11:15amThanks Rene - I'll use that link. The link Jason sent yesterday via email is incorrect so. That's what I used.
David
Ross MacMathunaMay 17 2018, 11:30pmJust wondering if anyone is driving back to Dublin from Glendalough? I'm doing leg 4 and may need a seat home
Richard NunanMay 18 2018, 9:09amPhil Adams(le cheile), we are leaving leixlip at 6:15 am see you at 6:20am
Phil AdamsMay 18 2018, 10:04amThat's great Richard. See you then, thanks.
Stuart ScottMay 18 2018, 10:20amRene, I never thanked you for putting that results file online. It's an excellent resource and keeping it up to date is a mammoth task! The correct place for it should be the IMRA site so hopefully the webmaster can find a way...

Mick, I've weighed up the various permutations (including myself) and have concluded that my advancing years will speed me up but the gravitational effect of recent doughnuts and the climb to Djouce will offset this considerably. We shall see!
Conor O'FarrellMay 18 2018, 1:07pmIs the leg 8 finish at Kenny's Pub or is it before you come on to the main road? I just need to know where to start my sprint, so my team can't see that I've been slacking. :-)

Con
Shane O'MalleyMay 18 2018, 2:14pmHi,

Is there anyone available to pick up one of our runners from team 30 at the end of Leg 2 and bring him back to his car at the start of Leg 2. Time would be sometime between 9:45 and 10:00 am.

We have all the other legs covered and willing to offer lifts if anyone needs one.

Thanks

Shane
Rene BorgMay 18 2018, 2:15pmCONFIRMED TEAMS

The Excel sheet with teams as they currently look:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wjx7p514ou2ngjq/IMRA%20WWR%202018%20Teams.xlsx?dl=0

Note 5 teams still need to enter their details and ALL team are allowed change these until 5 pm today if necessitated by injury. A final list will be published this evening. Volunteers will use the post-5pm list - any discrepancy between who runs tomorrow and what is on the list this evening, will mean a team will run Non-Competitively (NC).
Tim ChapmanMay 18 2018, 2:27pmShane.

I'm doing Lough Tay handover.if he is willing to wait until everyone is through I can drop him back.
Tim
Rene BorgMay 18 2018, 2:44pmTHIS YEAR'S FACTS

With the team list complete, a few facts that may or may not add spice to this year's competition:

THE FIELD
- The 35 teams competing this year is the highest since 2013 and the joint fifth biggest field ever

THE TOP OF THE CROP
- Reigning champions TT Racers are shooting for 'Three in a Row' (this has never been done before - only 'Two in a Row' done by Clonliffe in 2008-2009 and Rathfarnham in 2011-2012 and 2014-2015
- If Trinity Track win this year's event they go second in the medal table with 5 wins (Rathfarnham are 1st with 10 and Clonliffe and TT currently tied 3rd on 4)
- Runners-up Rathfarnham are back after recording their lowest finish in a decade last year (3rd). The last time 3 years passed without a Rathfarnham win was 2010

THE CONTENDERS
- Nine of last year's 'Top-10' are back for more this year
- Four of last year's top-10 improved between 2016 and 2017 - can they do it again?
- Crusaders and Hurt Squad are the strongest 'returnees' having finished 2nd and 4th last year
- Of teams with a history of competing for the podium two 'oldies but goodies' make a return after a break: Boards AC (as Overboards) and Sportsworld AC
- Six of this year's teams have won medals in the Relay previously: Rathfarnham, Trinity Track, Boards, Crusaders, Sportsworld and UCDO.
- Glendalough AC, Mountain Swifts, Cork Orienteers, Ticknock Trailers, Tinahely Tri and Hateful 8 battled hard for top-10 places in the previous years. Expect a repeat!

BEST OF THE REST
- Only eight of the 35 teams did not compete last year. 27 returned for more!
- Of the eight 'newcomers' one team competed in 2016 (Sportsworld)
- Fifteen of the thirty-five teams represent running, triathlon or athletics clubs
- 6 of the 27 returning teams saw a drop in position and/or time last year. Will they bounce back?
Andrew HanneyMay 18 2018, 2:48pmRene, thanks for the details. You have one of my runners...Darragh Page as F40... he is M40. Can you please correct that?
Shane O'MalleyMay 18 2018, 3:00pmHi Tim,

Unfortunately I need him to pick up his car so he can collect another runner at about 11AM so there would not be enough time.
Thanks for the offer.

Shane
Rene BorgMay 18 2018, 4:52pmhi Andrew - Darragh was entered that way so saw no need to doubt him ;-)

Anyway that's corrected and all teams except team 26's details have now been added.
Jason KehoeMay 18 2018, 5:58pmAll teams details are now entered!
Laura FlynnMay 18 2018, 6:12pmIf he doesn’t get a better offer Shane, I’m running leg 3 and getting a lift back to my car at Lough Tay so could drop him back to his car on my way home.he can call me on 0877420795 if he wants to discuss timing etc
Jason KehoeMay 18 2018, 6:15pm*****************************
Teams Parking Instructions for WWR

If ever the race is at future risk it will be because of one or two sloppy parking runners. This is a genuine threat to the race! Captains please ensure all runners and especially newcomers are forewarned as your team is at risk of disqualification or time penalties if found to bring the race into disrepute.

It's simple - ask yourself these questions:
A) Did I follow the Marshals directins?
B) Can a bus or tractor pass my parked car?
C) If this was my property/field would I mind someone parking where I'm about to park?

In the typical IMRA fashion please attempt to carpool as much as possible. It keeps our footprint on the route down as well as makes a cracking day out with your team.

1) Kilmashogue - No restrictions
* Park facing outwards as close together as possible

2) Curtlestown - No restrictions
* Keep outgoing runners EXIT CLEAR to the road
* Look before you run onto the public road
* Follow marshals instructions

3) Lough Tay - Restrictions, buses use this route regularly
* NO PARKING ON ROAD DIRECTLY BELOW THE BANK OF THE CAR PARK
* Reverse into main car park facing outwards as close together as possible

4) Oldbridge - HIGH PRIORITY RESTRICTIONS!
* Follow marshals instructions to park down Lough Dan road.
* No parking at bridge handover point
* Do not park on grass verges
* Do not block house entrances or farm gates
* Allow spacing between parked cars for passing

5) Glendalough - No restrictions
* Pay parking may be in operation
* Do not park on yellow lines or footpaths
* Keep off path at the handover point
* Keep line of sight clear for Handover Marshall / Photographer

6) Drumgoff - HIGH PRIORITY RESTRICTIONS!
* DO NOT PARK IN GLENMALURE LODGE CAR PARK (even if purchasing something or using toilets etc.)
* Follow marshals instructions to park in new Coillte parking area 500m past crossroads
* Waiting teams are to *KEEP CROSSROADS* CLEAR for traffic
* There is a bike race in this area tomorrow, leg 5 & 6 runners BEWARE!

7) Ironbridge - HIGH PRIORITY RESTRICTIONS!
* Fill car park firstly
* Keep incoming runners route ENTIRELY free
* Space should be left for large vehicles to pass - No vans!
* Do not block gates or park on corner

8) Crossbridge - HIGH PRIORITY RESTRICTIONS!
* Parking is ONLY at the far side of the hill (300m) and there are no cars allowed up to the changeover point (besides WWR volunteers).
* Do not park on bridge at river when supporting incoming runners

9) Shillelagh - No restrictions
* Park in Kennys Lounge car park
* Have a cool celebratory drink waiting for your final runner!

Rene BorgMay 18 2018, 8:28pmTeam file uploaded with final details. Team 26 is running non-competitively
Richard NunanMay 18 2018, 8:45pmThanks to Ann, Jason and Rene for getting the race and the volunteers organised for tomorrow.

Best of luck to everyone and Enjoy the day!!
Rene BorgMay 19 2018, 9:34amProvisional results from leg 1 in the relay today: https://www.dropbox.com/s/upeamgw515m2zwf/WWR2018_FullResults.xlsx?dl=0

This courtesy of 'old fashioned' 'pseudo live tracking' - volunteers sending scanned sheets to Race Directors typing into shared Excel Sheets.
Rene BorgMay 19 2018, 11:16amleg 2 results now reflected in file
Rene BorgMay 19 2018, 4:24pmPROVISIONAL LEG 1-3 RESULTS

Remember there can and likely will be some errors in these.

RANK NAME CAT TIME
1 Niall Lynch M40 0:58:32
2 Turlough Conway M40 0:59:16
3 Brian Flannelly M 1:01:06
4 Amidou Dembele M 1:02:07
5 Greg Byrne M40 1:02:14
6 Torben Dahl M40 1:02:45
7 Damien Byrne M40 1:02:53
7 Peter O'Neill M40 1:02:53
9 Peter O'Farrell M40 1:03:18
10 Mikey Fry M40 1:03:25
11 Andrea Talpo M40 1:03:42
12 Andrew Lawless M 1:04:39
12 Kieran Murray M40 1:04:39
14 Phil Adams M40 1:04:59
15 Brian Leonard M40 1:05:38
16 Eoin Condron M 1:06:27
17 Will Martin Smith M 1:06:44
18 Donal Brady M40 1:06:58
19 Gordon Place M40 1:08:18
20 Joe McDermott M 1:08:35
21 Richard Nunan M40 1:08:43
22 Pat Fitzgerald M 1:09:57
23 Derek Cullen M 1:10:01
24 Brendan Galvin M 1:12:12
25 Padraig Somers M 1:12:41
26 Ray Caulfield M40 1:12:49
27 Frank Burke M40 1:12:54
28 Paul Duffy M40 1:15:18
29 PJ Black M 1:17:32
30 Ann Horan F 1:20:42
31 Peter Doyle M40 1:22:53
32 Niamh O Ceallaigh F 1:25:20
33 Declan Swords M50 1:27:20
34 Claudine Hughes F40 1:28:18
35 Nadya Dunne F40 1:43:22
Paul JoyceMay 19 2018, 5:25pmWell done to winners TT Racers, Rathfarnham, and Crusaders on another great day for the Relay. Thanks to Jason, Ann, Rene, and all the volunteers for keeping this great show on the road! Best day of the year; we are lucky in Ireland to have such great sport in our back garden.
Rene BorgMay 19 2018, 5:48pmPROVISIONAL LEG 7

RANK NAME CAT TIME % OF WINNER
1 Des Kennedy M40 1:22:23 100%
2 Karol Cronin M 1:24:44 103%
3 Tom Hogan M 1:27:17 106%
4 Luke Lennon M 1:28:21 107%
5 Brian Furey M 1:28:29 107%
6 Kieran Little M 1:30:11 109%
7 Barry Cronin M 1:31:41 111%
8 Darren Mooney M 1:34:01 114%
9 Conall Whelan M 1:34:27 115%
10 Lyall Guiney M 1:36:45 117%
11 Rory Campbell M40 1:37:42 100%
12 Ed Hayes M 1:37:50 119%
13 Brian Kitson M40 1:40:14 122%
14 Valdas Tylunas M40 1:40:38 122%
15 "Torben Dahl
" M40 1:42:07 124%
16 Mike Jordan M 1:45:25 128%
17 Mark Pearce M 1:47:30 130%
18 Barry O'Neill M40 1:48:17 131%
19 Ted O'Leary M40 1:48:35 132%
20 Liam Costello M40 1:49:31 133%
21 Robert McEvoy M 1:50:10 134%
22 Brendan Brogan M 1:53:55 138%
23 Jim Leahy M50 1:54:23 139%
24 Cormac O Ceallaigh M40 1:54:56 140%
25 Jarlath Hynes M50 1:55:51 141%
26 Padraig Doyle M40 1:56:45 142%
27 Justin Doyle M40 1:56:54 142%
28 Tanya Sheridan F 1:57:50 143%
29 James Ryan M 1:59:26 145%
30 Maureen Lowther F40 2:00:06 146%
31 Dominick Branigan M 2:00:42 147%
32 Ronan Rafferty M40 2:10:47 159%
33 Olwyn Dunne F50 2:18:32 168%
34 Gavin Fleet M 2:25:56 177%
35 Stephen Brennan M60 2:37:22 191%
Rene BorgMay 19 2018, 7:03pmPROVISIONAL LEG 8

RANK NAME CAT TIME
1 Ruairi Long M 0:37:54
2 Linda Byrne F 0:37:55
3 Dominic Horan M50 0:40:45
4 Peter Bell M 0:41:40
5 Fergal Walsh M 0:41:58
6 Clare Sullivan F 0:42:23
7 David Carter M40 0:43:56
8 Rachel Wisdom F 0:44:55
9 Malika Hammani F40 0:44:59
10 James Cottle M60 0:45:15
11 Naoise Waldron F 0:46:12
12 Sinead Tighe F40 0:46:36
13 Bruce Philips M50 0:49:52
14 Marc Augustin M 0:50:24
15 Niall Lyons M40 0:50:34
16 Colin McShane M40 0:50:42
17 David Bosonnet M40 0:50:45
18 Alan Thomas M40 0:52:20
19 Tina Bergin F 0:53:07
20 Elizabeth Wheeler F 0:55:07
21 Emma Sokell F40 0:56:32
22 Sandra Pegman F50 0:57:14
23 Ray Hahesy M50 0:57:22
24 Conor O'Farrell M40 0:58:46
25 Aisling Loughnanne F 0:58:52
26 Kitty Perle F 1:00:08
27 Brian Cully M50 1:00:09
28 Desie Shorten M60 1:00:29
29 Diarmuid O'Colmain M60 1:00:45
30 Charlotte Rose F40 1:02:27
31 Rhiannon Barry F 1:09:09
32 Maree Dowling F60 1:10:55
33 Orla Cooper F 1:15:28
34 Brianne Mulvihill F 1:17:20
Rene BorgMay 19 2018, 7:04pmPROVISIONAL LEG 8 - TAKE 2

RANK NAME CAT TIME
4 Peter Bell M 0:41:40
5 Fergal Walsh M 0:41:58
6 Clare Sullivan F 0:42:23
7 David Carter M40 0:43:56
8 Rachel Wisdom F 0:44:55
9 Malika Hammani F40 0:44:59
10 James Cottle M60 0:45:15
11 Naoise Waldron F 0:46:12
12 Sinead Tighe F40 0:46:36
13 Bruce Philips M50 0:49:52
14 Marc Augustin M 0:50:24
15 Niall Lyons M40 0:50:34
16 Colin McShane M40 0:50:42
17 David Bosonnet M40 0:50:45
18 Alan Thomas M40 0:52:20
19 Tina Bergin F 0:53:07
20 Elizabeth Wheeler F 0:55:07
21 Emma Sokell F40 0:56:32
22 Sandra Pegman F50 0:57:14
23 Ray Hahesy M50 0:57:22
24 Conor O'Farrell M40 0:58:46
25 Aisling Loughnanne F 0:58:52
26 Kitty Perle F 1:00:08
27 Brian Cully M50 1:00:09
28 Desie Shorten M60 1:00:29
31 Rhiannon Barry F 1:09:09
32 Maree Dowling F60 1:10:55
33 Orla Cooper F 1:15:28
34 Brianne Mulvihill F 1:17:20
35 Olwyn Dunne F50 1:28:52
Rene BorgMay 19 2018, 8:16pmPROVISIONAL LEG 4

Ronan Dunphy and Becky Quinn's times will be ratified as the new CURRENT Course Records for the modified longer leg 4 once results are confirme final.

RANK NAME CAT TIME
1 Ronan Dunphy M 0:40:54
2 Paul Fleming M40 0:42:03
3 Becky Quinn F40 0:46:05
4 Peter Gray M50 0:46:36
5 Patrick Cryan M 0:46:49
6 Gareth Little M 0:46:57
7 Catherine Thornton F 0:47:23
8 Caroline Crowely F 0:47:46
9 Dermot Leonard M 0:48:32
10 Arne Klohn M 0:48:47
11 "Blaise Kinsella
" M 0:49:03
12 Gerard Clerkin M 0:50:07
13 Paul Joyce M40 0:50:30
14 Alex Gleeson M40 0:50:40
15 Niamh Hartnett F 0:51:15
16 Neil Purdy M 0:52:22
17 Ross MacMathuna M40 0:52:53
18 Deirdre Brophy F40 0:54:00
19 James Cahill M50 0:54:30
20 Richard Leahy M 0:54:36
21 Zoe Melling F40 0:54:39
22 Roland Griffin M40 0:56:15
23 Orla Mc Evoy F 0:57:49
24 Karl O' Brien M 0:57:54
25 Vanessa McShane F40 0:59:46
26 Sharon Neylon (Gough) F 1:00:11
27 Eileen Young F50 1:00:14
28 Heather Wood F40 1:03:25
29 Maeve Noone F40 1:04:37
30 AnneMarie Flaherty F 1:05:09
31 Catherine Clancy F40 1:06:57
32 Grace Egan F40 1:07:34
33 Anna Shine F 1:08:15
34 John Kirwan M 1:17:24
35 Declan O'Connor M40 1:19:35
Caoimhin MacMaolainMay 19 2018, 8:24pmJason, Rene and all volunteers - thanks very much for such a brilliantly organised relay today. It was a really great event. The huge amount of effort that goes into organising this is very much appreciated.
Warren SwordsMay 19 2018, 8:51pmHuge thanks to Jason, Rene, Ann and everyone who volunteered today. Was a class day out. Really appreciate the effort.

Weather today proves why leg 6 is one of the best legs to run. The river afterwards is beautiful.
Rene BorgMay 19 2018, 8:53pmPROVISIONAL LEG 5

RANK NAME CAT TIME
1 Valter Valente M 0:52:30
2 Alasdair Brown M 0:54:11
3 Ciaran Alyward M 0:54:30
4 Frank Halligan M 0:54:38
5 Laurence Quinn M 0:55:50
6 Phil Kilgannon M40 0:56:20
7 John Bell M 0:56:20
8 Andy Nason M40 0:56:45
9 "Angus Tyner
" M50 0:59:18
10 Eddie Nugent M 1:00:00
11 Anthony Breen M40 1:00:25
12 Kevin Kelleher M40 1:00:36
13 Stephen Perry M 1:00:58
14 Shane O' Malley M50 1:01:22
15 James Tucker M 1:01:52
16 Rory O'Connor M 1:01:55
17 Tom Moore M 1:02:05
18 Jens Waechter M40 1:03:05
19 Yevgeniy Chizhikov M40 1:03:27
20 Hugh Kinsella M50 1:03:55
21 Aidan Madden M40 1:04:20
22 Patrick Byrne M40 1:05:17
23 Pearse Coyle M50 1:06:11
24 Andrew Hanney M40 1:07:10
25 Tadhg Ryan M40 1:09:00
26 Kenneth O' Hara M 1:12:20
27 Brendan Lawlor M50 1:15:05
28 Maggie Lawler F 1:15:25
29 Michael Sullivan M40 1:16:20
30 Roisin McDonnell F50 1:16:50
31 Ann Tobin F50 1:18:35
32 Fiona Shine F 1:19:45
33 Miriam Maher F40 1:21:00
34 Dave Richardson M50 1:21:45
35 Declan Egan M40 1:34:05
Rene BorgMay 19 2018, 8:54pmPROVISIONAL LEG 6

RANK NAME CAT TIME
1 Louis McCarthy M 0:52:48
2 Brendan Murphy M 0:53:51
3 Warren Swords M 0:58:46
4 Darren Burke M 0:58:50
5 Geoff Duff M40 1:00:27
6 Ben Mooney M50 1:01:33
7 Eoin Kennedy M 1:02:22
8 Dena Hogan F 1:03:29
9 Ian Harrison M 1:04:38
10 Pat Quill M50 1:06:48
11 Alan Byrne M 1:07:06
12 Alan Maher M40 1:07:17
13 Alan Hughes M40 1:07:20
14 Paddy Holohan M40 1:07:32
15 "Johnny Conway
" M 1:08:30
16 Pat Mc Cavana M50 1:08:59
17 Tom Leahy M40 1:09:56
18 Colm Murphy M40 1:10:16
19 Paul Morrissey M40 1:10:58
20 Liam Lenehan M50 1:11:19
21 Derek Ryan M 1:11:38
22 Donal Lenihan M50 1:12:03
23 Aoife Callan F 1:13:57
24 Claire O'Callaghan F 1:14:31
25 Robert Kiersey M40 1:15:10
26 Alison Underwood F40 1:17:52
27 Conor Daly M50 1:19:32
28 Mark Mitchell M40 1:21:05
29 Emma Parkinson F40 1:22:56
30 Lisa Shine F 1:23:33
31 Michael O'Sullivan M50 1:25:48
32 Bernie Byrne F40 1:26:40
33 Martin Price M50 1:28:35
34 Mark Raleigh M40 1:29:25
35 Elizabeth McCarthy F 1:50:45
Rene BorgMay 19 2018, 8:58pmPROVISIONAL TEAM RESULTS

Notes: Mountain Toppers, Brothers Pearse and West Waterford received time penalties. Team 26 is not competitive. This year's relay was the shortest yet at 101 km (last year was 102 km) whereas the 'full course' (when there are no re-routes is 104 km).

Team name TOTAL
TT Racers 7:23:04
Rathfarnham WSAF AC 7:31:10
Crusaders AC 7:55:01
OverBoards 7:58:36
Mountain Swifts 8:01:40
Ticknock Trailers 8:11:08
Hurt Squad 8:11:35
Sportsworld 8:13:45
Cork Orienteers 8:25:50
Glendalough AC 8:29:50
UCDO 8:30:50
The Mountain Toppers 8:34:40
the hateful 8 8:39:45
Brothers Pearse AC 8:51:28
Tinahely Tri Club 8:52:52
Team Hill'arious 9:07:44
Studs, Sweat and Stunners 9:10:25
Lactic Lunatics 9:10:28
The Kilcoolers 9:13:40
Athenry AC 9:23:44
The Gap Trail Runners 9:31:57
West Waterford AC 9:32:00
Not much faster, but certainly furiouser! 9:34:16
Le Cheile 9:43:12
Avondale Avengers 9:58:00
Na Piarsaigh 9:59:08
Grassroots Fitness 9:59:08
The SIG-nificant Others 9:59:55
Bravehearts 10:03:46
Liffey Trailrunners 10:22:00
Dublin Wicklow Mountain Rescue 10:28:50
Wicklow Waysters 10:38:25
Rush Running 11:33:30
Tipping off there 12:00:07
Agony of Defeet 12:20:42
Rene BorgMay 19 2018, 9:12pmPROVISIONAL TEAMS TAKE 2

Team name TOTAL
TT Racers 7:23:04
Rathfarnham WSAF AC 7:31:10
Crusaders AC 7:55:01
OverBoards 7:58:36
Mountain Swifts 8:01:40
Ticknock Trailers 8:11:08
Hurt Squad 8:11:35
Sportsworld 8:13:45
Cork Orienteers 8:25:50
Glendalough AC 8:29:50
UCDO 8:30:50
The Mountain Toppers 8:34:40
the hateful 8 8:39:45
Brothers Pearse AC 8:51:28
Tinahely Tri Club 8:52:52
Team Hill'arious 9:07:44
Studs, Sweat and Stunners 9:10:25
Lactic Lunatics 9:10:28
The Kilcoolers 9:13:40
Athenry AC 9:23:44
The Gap Trail Runners 9:31:57
West Waterford AC 9:32:00
Not much faster, but certainly furiouser! 9:34:16
Le Cheile 9:43:12
Avondale Avengers 9:58:00
Na Piarsaigh 9:59:08
Grassroots Fitness 9:59:08
The SIG-nificant Others 9:59:55
Bravehearts 10:03:46
Liffey Trailrunners 10:22:00
Dublin Wicklow Mountain Rescue 10:28:50
Wicklow Waysters 10:38:25
Rush Running 11:33:30
Agony of Defeet 12:20:42
Tipping off there 12:00:07
Tanya SheridanMay 19 2018, 9:21pmThanks, Rene, for getting the results up so quickly - and for all the historical results as build-up ... to what was a fantastic day out. Jason, Ann, Rene and all the team - huge thanks for all the work that went into it. Thanks also to the other participants and spectators for making all the nervous waiting around so much fun :)
Brian FureyMay 19 2018, 9:39pmThanks Jason Anne and Rene on organising a great event. Kudos on getting results up so fast. Fantastic effort.
Desie ShortenMay 19 2018, 10:05pmHi Rene, my time on leg 8 was 45+ a few seconds. Thanks for a great day out.
Miriam MaherMay 19 2018, 11:48pmAnn, Jason and René

Many thanks for the immense hard work you all put in to give us a fantastic day out on the hills.

Thanks too to all the volunteers who gave up their Saturdays or ran a leg and then volunteered along the way - or - even the other way around!

Much appreciated.
Rene BorgMay 20 2018, 12:25amAn error in Mark Augustin's results, led to finding a few on leg 8 results. As before access file in link above for more details

Next take of provisional leg 8:
RANK NAME CAT TIME
4 Marc Augustin M 0:41:28
5 Peter Bell M 0:41:40
6 Fergal Walsh M 0:41:55
7 Clare Sullivan F 0:42:23
8 Colin McShane M40 0:42:29
9 David Carter M40 0:43:56
10 Rachel Wisdom F 0:44:55
11 Malika Hammani F40 0:44:59
12 James Cottle M60 0:45:15
13 Desie Shorten M60 0:45:41
14 Naoise Waldron F 0:46:12
15 Sinead Tighe F40 0:46:36
16 Bruce Philips M50 0:47:11
17 Aisling Loughnanne F 0:47:52
18 Niall Lyons M40 0:48:50
19 Ray Hahesy M50 0:49:02
20 David Bosonnet M40 0:50:45
21 Alan Thomas M40 0:52:20
22 Tina Bergin F 0:53:07
23 Sandra Pegman F50 0:54:02
24 Elizabeth Wheeler F 0:55:07
25 Conor O'Farrell M40 0:56:27
26 Emma Sokell F40 0:56:32
27 Kitty Perle F 0:59:00
28 Brian Cully M50 1:00:09
31 Brianne Mulvihill F 1:02:28
32 Rhiannon Barry F 1:09:09
33 Maree Dowling F60 1:10:55
34 Orla Cooper F 1:15:28
35 Olwyn Dunne F50 1:28:52
Brendan LawlorMay 20 2018, 7:18amThank you to Jason, Rene, Ann and all the volunteers for another great Wicklow Way Relay..who do you bribe to get that weather?!

Brendan
DWMRT
Conor O'FarrellMay 20 2018, 8:52amThanks Jason, Ann, Rene and everyone else. What a great day, very enjoyable. There was a great buzz at the handover points, loved every minute of it.
John BellMay 20 2018, 10:15amThanks to Jason, Ann, Rene and the team of volunteers for another great day in the Wicklow hills. It's always great fun following the race and getting updates as it goes.
Kenneth O'HaraMay 20 2018, 10:25amThanks to all the organising crew & volunteers from all at Lactic Lunatics. Great event as always and the support and camaraderie between teams is fantastic. The words of encouragement are always great to get as the mountain goats fly past out on course. Some seriously impressive performances every year which never fail to amaze me.
Laura FlynnMay 20 2018, 12:10pmThanks to Jason, Rene and Ann for the huge amount of work they put into giving us all a fantastic day out.
Rene BorgMay 20 2018, 12:32pmThe historical results file has now been updated with 2018's results:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0s8lox68rgtu5cf/WWR%202002-2018.xlsx?dl=0
James H CahillMay 20 2018, 1:25pmThank you Jason, Ann, Rene and all the volunteers for a super day in the hills. Great day. Thank you all
Mick HanneyMay 20 2018, 2:29pmWhat a great event this is. While not running yesterday it was great fun helping out and listening to the tales of the day, the leapfrogging up and down the leaderboard and those who went astray and further astray again. All part of the fun.

One suggestion for next year at Shillelagh would be to put up clear Signage approaching the pub from the main road in both directions that a Race is in action, to try get traffic to slow, as the speed of some of the traffic past yesterday was disconcerting and at times dangerous.
Gordon PlaceMay 20 2018, 3:00pmThanks to Jason, Ann, Rene and everyone who volunteered for a great day
Andrew HanneyMay 20 2018, 5:52pmThanks to Jason and all the volunteers for a great event and for arranging such a beautiful day for it too.
Mikey FryMay 20 2018, 7:58pmEven though I had to lash off too mind the lads thanks so much to the usual suspects such an amazing event I will make it down to the finish line some day:)
John MollohanMay 25 2018, 9:39pmA few photo's from Ironbridge uploaded there now. Everyone seems to be running sideways... doh!!
Rene BorgJun 14 2023, 11:11amThe file with all the details of the races 2002-2023 has now been updated:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/n6b143blub60wsuq3r594/WWR-2002-2023.xlsx?dl=0&rlkey=y59nvauf73fmur4q3i4guvqb1

The count of those with 10 legs or more in the relay has now swelled to 46:

Name Count of Category
John MacEnri 21
Brendan Lawlor 18
Mike Long 16
Des Noonan 16
Emma Sokell 15
Peter O'Farrell 14
Eoin Keith 14
Paul Mahon 13
Martin Price 13
Hazel Thompson 13