Irish Mountain
Running Association

Brockagh

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Francois KULIKJun 27 2018, 1:08pmHi! I am planning to do the race, and renew my IMRA subscription. Happy days. But I have 2 guests from France that week, any chance they can participate to the race without having to fully register to the association?
John CondonJun 27 2018, 2:52pmHi Francois, They'll have to fully register.
Aoibheann GaughranJul 5 2018, 1:17pmHi, will there be an early start option for this race?

Many thanks, Aoibheann
Rachel CinnsealachJul 5 2018, 3:17pmYes, 7,00 pm
Brian FureyJul 7 2018, 6:38pmHi,
Im down to mark this Wednesday night. Anyone around to do a run on it tomorrow or Monday as not fully familiar with route? I have the Harvey's map.
Barry MurrayJul 9 2018, 9:13amI'm coming up to do Brockagh, any chance RD Rachel can put a technical section in the last 1km, thanks.
Mick HanneyJul 9 2018, 11:03amCan't join you in Brockagh Brian, but route is fairly straightforward. You should be able to map this onto your Harveys easily enough. https://www.strava.com/activities/1047814178

On the way out, above the Wicklow way, the foliage can be very high on that section. Can depend on whether people have been on that track in recent weeks or are you beating your own track!
Brian FureyJul 9 2018, 1:33pmNo problem Mick thanks for that. I think I know it - did the end of league handicap a few years ago. Paul Mahon is going to give me a hand on Wednesday night so will be ok.
Brendan DelaneyJul 10 2018, 8:03amRachel, I can do summit Marshall tonight.
Rachel CinnsealachJul 10 2018, 8:48amHi Brendan, Kevin Marnane have volunteered to do summit Marshall, but if you could Marshall at another spot that would be great. I'll email all volunteers today.
Brendan DelaneyJul 10 2018, 10:16amNo problem. Thanks.
Rachel CinnsealachJul 10 2018, 5:01pmJust to remind people. There is a field for parking tomorrow evening. Pass the wicklow heather, Pass the pedestian crossing and field is beynd that on the left. Do not park in Lynams, or at the start of the race.
Rachel CinnsealachJul 10 2018, 5:01pmJust to remind people. There is a field for parking tomorrow evening. Pass the wicklow heather, Pass the pedestian crossing and field is beynd that on the left. Do not park in Lynams, or at the start of the race.
Rachel CinnsealachJul 10 2018, 5:11pmJust a reminder that it will be warm, wear sun cream, bring water and wear midge repellant!!!!!
Jean O'NeillJul 10 2018, 11:09pmRachel If you still need a non-running volunteer I'll be there tomorrow.
Karl HeartyJul 12 2018, 12:12amHi, just wanted to say well done to all volunteers and marshals! Great course. Loved the deep ferns and mountainside heather. Was expecting to see Jurassic Park Raptors chasing runners at any moment!
Nice route. Well done. Thanks for a great night.
Fabio BaltieriJul 12 2018, 1:09amHey thanks to the RD and all the volunteers for the race! The route was super, must have been quite some work to open up the open mountain section... nice!

On a different note, tonight I took a tumble just 700m after the summit, and it looks like I lost my Wahoo TICKR HR strap there... has anyone seen it and picked it up by any chance? Otherwise... I have the point, I guess I'm up for a hike there tomorrow evening. :-)

Thanks again!
Barry MurrayJul 12 2018, 8:49amWell it was well worth the 5hr drive up from West Kerry !

The biggest win of the night has to go to Peter Bell , over 100 IMRA races and finally beating his brother for the first time . His first race report too , well done ! Mikey has another good one up too, fair play lads, you've put it up to me now !

Cheers Rachel and crew for a great evening . Off now to wash in the river ;-)
Tanya SheridanJul 12 2018, 9:38amWhat a FANtastic race. Massive thanks to Rachel and all the volunteers who arranged things so we could run around that beautiful route last night. It was a great team effort – so well organised. And Rachel didn’t waste any time in setting us off! :) - setting the scene for what seemed like a very fast race. Thanks again to you all!
Conor O'FarrellJul 12 2018, 12:05pmWell done Rachel and your support on a great race. Crucifying heather ascent in that heat, and the relentless fire road at the end, but we love to punish ourselves. Thanks to everyone involved. Also, thanks to Jean for the tin whistle music towards the end, I needed to be cheered up at that stage of the race. :-)
Michael GygaxJul 12 2018, 6:10pmHi Rachel...thanks for last night...very tried today,....I checked my purchases....for some reason my purchase did not take....so how do I now pay retrospectively for the entry...I 'll try sporting it out next race...Michael GYgax
Michael GygaxJul 12 2018, 6:10pmHi Rachel...thanks for last night...very tried today,....I checked my purchases....for some reason my purchase did not take....so how do I now pay retrospectively for the entry...I 'll try sporting it out next race...Michael GYgax
Barry MurrayJul 13 2018, 12:03pmanother race report just added !
Karen DevenneyJul 13 2018, 4:01pmThanks to Rachel, Daniela & co for another great event. Results are up, email me at karen.devenney at imra dot ie if any issues

Next up is Seefingen
Caoimhin MacMaolainJul 13 2018, 9:18pmThanks Karen! Your ongoing work on posting the results is very much appreciated.
John FitzgeraldJul 14 2018, 1:46amThanks you Rachel and all volunteers for
another great and well organized race. Paul and Brian massive thanks for making our navigation trouble free.