Irish Mountain
Running Association

Brockagh

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Warren SwordsJun 20 2017, 11:55pmBrockagh details below.

Online entries for Brockagh are now open. Apologies to those who had difficulty trying to enter earlier.

It's the longest day of the year so where better to spend it on the summit of Brockagh.

Please note:

National Parks Limit in place for this race so we are limited to 200 runners.

PARKING WILL BE IN A FIELD ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE OF THE ROAD SHORTLY AFTER THE WICKLOW HEATHER RESTAURANT. CHARGE IS 2 EUR PER CAR.

The heather is very high at the moment but the plan is to run same course as last year. There will be lots of tape through that section.

The ground conditions are perfect which should make for a lovely descent.

FORECAST for Wednesday evening is a balmy 21 degrees so would recommend bringing plenty of water.
Richard MoriartyJun 21 2017, 4:16pmThanks for all the info......looks like a grand evening for it

Just one question.....where is the registration desk going to be?
James H CahillJun 21 2017, 11:46pmWell done Warren and all you volunteers on a great outing on Broxkagh. I was hot and bothered throughout with the risk or an early bath high.....but the tape was so extensive I could not but continue. Great evening and particular thanks to the marshals suffering the midgies!
Mick HanneyJun 22 2017, 9:50amThanks Warren and team for a great event last night. Particularly the markers and the marshalls on the hill in the heat and with the ever-present Brockagh midges.

Running conditions were as dry as I can ever remember up there which made for a lovely bouncy runnable descent until the damned fire-road :-)
Brian KitsonJun 22 2017, 2:17pmWhat a novelty to run in such warm weather.

A very well run event, thanks to Warren and the team. Route marking was excellent and I thought the use of the longer strips of tape at the junctions was a very good idea. Eye-catching regardless of whether one is looking up or down.
Graham K. BusheJun 22 2017, 3:02pmThanks to Warren and team of volunteers for another great night in the hills. It was a warm one with plenty of wildlife about for them to deal with (on top of us runners!)
Thanks also for the very welcome water at the finish line.
Brendan LawlorJun 22 2017, 4:55pmWell done to Warren and volunteers for a great hot as hell event last night! It would be very hard to believe that this was Warren's first go at Race Directing (and he marked the course too) - another natural !

I got 'Mugged' by 'Mugs O'M' up near the summit too !
Karen DevenneyJun 24 2017, 1:59pmWell done to Warren and team on his debut as RD, another great IMRA outing! Results are now up. Email me at karen.devenney at imra dot ie

Next up, Tibradden!
John McCannJul 6 2017, 4:28pmHi All, I’ve added a few photos for this race. Sorry for the delay but had some phone issues. Still having to upload the photos one at a time by the way..