Irish Mountain
Running Association

Scarr

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Andreas KuschMay 4 2017, 10:28pmHi all, I'm looking for a Race Marker, First Aid Officer and a few marshalls/helpers. Wednesday, 24th May is the date.Thanks to Miriam and John J. who already signed up for laptop duty. Paul Morrissey (Deputy Race Director) is getting ready to take on an event in the future.
Ciara JonesMay 9 2017, 1:48pmHi Andreas,
I have put myself down to volunteer at Scarr on the 24th. I live in Gorey and won't be able to leave Gorey until about 5:50 which means I can't be at Scarr until about 6:50... Maybe I could help with something near the finish line?
Hope this is ok. Let me know if this will cause a problem for you.
Cheers,
Ciara
Dave DochertyMay 11 2017, 8:35pmHi Andreas,
I can do first aider if required. I only have occupational first aid so if somebody else more qualified becomes available you might wanna do that. Let me know what you think.
Andreas KuschMay 14 2017, 10:55pm@Dave, thanks, you are first aider.
@Ciara. No problem.
I'm looking for a summit marshal. That volunteer might as well mark the course on the way up.
Caoimhín MacMaoláinMay 16 2017, 10:28amAndreas - I have put my name down to mark the course (I did it 2 years ago, I presume it is the same route). I am happy to summit marshall as well.
Mike JordanMay 16 2017, 1:40pmCaoimhin - I think the route has been the same for the last 2 years. It's the loop with the out-and-back to the summit. I can mark the rest of the loop if you want to just mark up to the summit?
Jenny Uí ShéMay 16 2017, 5:01pmHi Andreas perhaps I could do first aider with Dave Doherty as I
Will have done the first Aid training on 20th. That's if you have enough
Helpers. Thanks! Jenny
Beth StephensMay 17 2017, 9:42amHi has this run got any spaces left? There doesnt seem to be an option to purchase it
John CondonMay 17 2017, 9:52amHi Beth, It will go on sale later this week.
Caoimhin MacMaolainMay 17 2017, 12:28pmMike - that sounds great, thanks. It particularly helps if there is a demarker after the race so that we can head off in ascent and descent directions.
Andreas KuschMay 20 2017, 5:30pmOnline entry is open and will close on Tuesday at 18:00.
NPWS have put a cap of 200 runners in place.

There is a change regarding early starts for this race. You will only get an early start of you are in the > 200% of finishing time category. Please let me know by email (andreas.kusch@gmail.com) by Tuesday 18:00 if you are looking for an early start.

See you on Wednesday
Laura FlynnMay 21 2017, 6:00pmI need to get the marking tape, prize vouchers and a few club 100 tshirts to you for Wednesday Andreas or to Caoimhin if that's easier. I live in Terenure and work in Dun laoghaire so whatever's easy for you or Caomhin, you might let me know and I'll get the stuff to you as I won't be able to go to Scarr.
Jenny Uí ShéMay 21 2017, 7:55pmHi Andreas Hope you well. I didn't get to do the first Aid.
I'm down as a helper for scarr. What time would you need
Me? I could drive with Ciara , another helper but we wouldn't
Get there til before 7. Would that be ok? Or would you need
Me to be there earlier?
Let me know
Thanks Jenny
Andreas KuschMay 21 2017, 8:30pmIs there anybody in Terenure or Dun Laoghaire who could get the items from Laura?
Can my volunteers be there for 6pm, please.
@Jenny and Ciara, I'll see you when you get there.
Don't forget online registration will close at 18:00 on Tuesday.
Do bring your jacket, your chip on your shoe and a bit of change for Paula and Justin's lads who will be providing us with flapjacks and lemonade again.
Oh, and it's the 10th year we are running this event from Gaffney's field.
Brendan LawlorMay 21 2017, 10:34pmI'll try link in with Laura tomorrow
Jenny Uí ShéMay 22 2017, 7:55pmHi Andreas my plans have changed and I can be there for
6. See you then jenny
Nauset GonzalezMay 22 2017, 11:21pmHello everyone. I bought the voucher for Scarr Race and I did not receive the email with the confirmation.
Previously for other races he received it instantly.
Is there a problem?
thanks
Andreas KuschMay 22 2017, 11:28pmNauset, I can see your entry. See you Wednesday.
Nauset GonzalezMay 22 2017, 11:41pmThanks Andreas...see you
Barry CroninMay 23 2017, 9:19pmI purchased a book of race vouchers online before Djouce last week but they hadn't been processed yet, will they be available for collection & use before tomorrows race?
Andreas KuschMay 23 2017, 9:36pmYes, Barry. I can see your purchase.
Justin ReaMay 24 2017, 2:04pmJust to say we will be selling flapjacks and lemonade again at tonight's race. Cian goes off to Zambia next weekend and this is his final push to raise the €3K target. Thanks to everyone who supported us at last weeks race. Come back for more!
Brendan Murphy72May 24 2017, 4:10pmJust checking if there's a junior route tonight?
Andreas KuschMay 24 2017, 4:21pmYes, there will be a junior route.
Enda MaguireMay 24 2017, 4:42pmI had registered online to run tonight but will now not make it. Just letting you know based on the limit of 200
Laura FlannellyMay 24 2017, 9:55pmHi Andreas,
Thanks for a great race! Amazing how fast results went up tonight! I wrongly claimed second place and I have the voucher with me. I will bring it to Trooperstown next week and pass it onto its rightful owner, Sonja Fuhrmann. Apologies for the confusion.

Laura
James SharkeyMay 25 2017, 9:06amThanks a million to Dave who looked after me as first aider so well last night. Not sure if it's a break or ligaments yet, second x-ray tomorrow. I've no doubt the swift and competent first aid helped greatly in minimising the damage. Hopefully it will turn out not to be too serious and I'll be bouncing around the mountains again soon. A lovely evening and race other than that. Thanks to all especially Dave.
Brendan LawlorMay 25 2017, 9:54amElanor J Carty (Race number 707) did not run last night - can we remove her result please

There may be one or two other admin errors as well

Well done to Andreas and Paul for an excellently organised race last night - Andreas's sunny personality always attracts good weather

The donations at the gate will go to Mountain Rescue and I'll post the amount later when I get to check it
James CurranMay 25 2017, 12:11pmThat result should be for John Keane race number 767. He came in around that time and there is no result for him.
John J BarryMay 25 2017, 12:36pmFolks,

We had Number '767' recorded as a finisher but the name came up as "Not Registered"

At the same time '707' was registered as a starter so we but Two and Two together and changed 767 --> 707 thinking they were the same person.

On hindsight, the ERROR was probably the transfer of the race number from the sign in sheet to the laptop. (e.g. illegible writing / wrong numbers )
James H CahillMay 25 2017, 12:59pmThank you Andreas and all the volunteers for a great evening on Scarr.

It is a great route (in retrospect......bit less great when you are actually "running" it).
Andreas KuschMay 25 2017, 8:26pmThanks to ALL volunteers last night.
A special mention must go to race marker and summit marshal Caoimhin. He was first to go up and last to come down. But I'm sure he enjoyed the views.
Thanks also to the dream team on the laptop. I'm sure John will be able to operate the laptop soon on his own after getting a proper training session from Miriam (and Karen). Speaking of Karen, it was like the good old days of results being online before the winner was announced in the pub. Thanks, Karen.
Thanks to Dave, who had a relatively quiet day doing first aid and hopefully James will be up and running soon again.
Thanks to the Gaffneys for the field and yes I complained about the cattle being let into the field before race day, but apparently there was a "shortage of grass" and he had no other option. "Well, it's the country..."
Also thanks to "Team Rea, the rolling tuck shop". They sold out, so hopefully you met your fundraising target. The lemonade and biscuits went down a treat.
Thanks to Brendan for being there on time, getting the show on the road and leaving a nice message on my voicemail...
And thanks to Deputy Paul who will do race director later in the year I believe.
Miriam MaherMay 25 2017, 9:31pmHappy to report that last night was all happy clappy on the laptop. Memories of a shivering cold and mental time on the laptop for Scarr 2016 are wiped out and replaced by an evening in the hills with impossibly beautiful weather, pink lemonade and flapjacks. Hard to go wrong last night with the most experienced of all laptop operators in John J beside me and Karen close by too - making sure all got finished off and posted in jig time. Thanks Andreas, Brendan and Paul for keeping it all rolling along. Poignant moment at the start of the race with Brendan's words about Michael 'Curley' Cunningham - reminding us what it's all about. Roll on Trooperstown.
Andrew HanneyMay 26 2017, 8:24amThanks all for a great race on Wed, very impressive work by the laptop team to have the results posted whilst the prize giving was under way.
Brendan LawlorMay 26 2017, 10:48amThe gate collection from the Scarr race raised €492 for Mountain Rescue. On behalf of the Dublin Wicklow and Glen of Imall Mountain Rescue teams thank you to all IMRA members for their generosity and thank you to the Gaffney family who choose to support us with this donation.
John ShielsMay 26 2017, 11:35amGreat to see so many people out on Wednesday and supporting MR.
As the photo uploader on the site isn't working correctly at the moment I've all my photos up on www.actionphotography.ie.
John