Irish Mountain
Running Association

Ticknock Winter

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Ronan HickeyFeb 8 2017, 4:28pmHi Peter,

I'm volunteering at Ticknock. I was just wondering if it would be possible to volunteer at start (numbers, vouchers, sign-in etc) as I will have my 4 year old daughter with me and she's probably not able for a marshalling job yet (although I have plans for Leinster League dominance in oh, let's say 14 years or so!)

Cheers,
Ronan
Peter O'FarrellFeb 8 2017, 5:05pmHi Ronan. No problem, that's perfect.

Thanks Lilian for signing up as first aid officer and Mike and Greg for marking the course.

In terms of the vital roles a laptop operator would round it off nicely so any laptoppers out there I can promise indoor registration and outdoor home baked goodies - plus the intangible feel good feeling of knowing the race would be cancelled without you :)
Inigo AlanaFeb 8 2017, 9:01pmRonan, you beat me to it! I'll also be there with my boys (7 & 5). I suppose we could do some marshalling if that's ok. We've been up to Three Rock and Fairy Castle plenty of times.
Inigo AlanaFeb 8 2017, 9:06pmMaybe we could drive up to Ticknock car park and marshall on that side of the race?
Peter O'FarrellFeb 9 2017, 9:24amHi Inigo. Marshalling with the kids on the Ticknock carpark side will be fine I'm sure.

Depending on Greg and Mike's route there might be a good marshalling spot quite near the biking.ie shop that sells hot chocolate to 5 and 7 year olds.
Inigo AlanaFeb 9 2017, 1:25pmThank you, Peter. I'm sure the boys will be delighted to hear that, haha!
Mike LongFeb 9 2017, 3:48pmDear All
Due to work reasons Greg is no longer available to help me mark the route.
Would anyone else be available?
It is a relatively long race and a bit complicated so two hands would definitely be better than one.
Thanks
Mike
Adrian Tucker RIPFeb 9 2017, 6:22pmMike, I should be OK to give help with marking.
Peter O'FarrellFeb 15 2017, 1:03pmThe common refrain of the lesser spotted (common or garden) race director goes as follows;

"Thanks to all the volunteers who have signed up so far. We are just looking for a laptop operator now and the race can go ahead"

Thanks Adrian for signing up to mark the course with Mike.

The upstairs area of Lamb Doyles is confirmed for registration so the laptopper will be warm and dry.

I cannot make it out to Mullaghmeen on Sunday and would appreciate if someone could bring the boxes of gear back to Dublin after the race.

thanks.
Laura FlynnFeb 15 2017, 1:35pmI plan to be at Mullaghmeen Peter and will collect the gear and deliver to you.
Also have a €10 voucher for you for your prize at Howth!
Peter O'FarrellFeb 15 2017, 1:41pmThanks Laura.And weyhey!
Mike LongFeb 16 2017, 3:17pmAdrian
Thanks very much for the offer of help with the marking. Much appreciated. Will be in touch.
Mike
Paul LarkinsFeb 18 2017, 6:37pmHow do you enter as I do not see any options for ticknock there ?
Peter O'FarrellFeb 20 2017, 1:19pmCar parking will be quite tight at Lamb Doyles as it appears the overflow car-parking area is now padlocked. Please carpool, get dropped off at the race or cycle up.

We hope to start race registration at 9.30am in the upstairs area of Lamb Doyles pub. If the registration volunteers could come for 9.20am that would be great.

The course has many turns, please keep your eyes peeled for tape. The tape will only be placed at junctions.

Lamb Doyles would appreciate your custom after the race.

You must be IMRA registered for 2017 by Thursday evening if you wish to run in this event. This is only available online.
you do this by: signing up to MyIMRA online and purchasing your annual membership online. There is a €10 annual registration fee.
Richard MoriartyFeb 20 2017, 4:08pmHi there,

When does registration open for the Tickknock race this weekend please

thanks a lot
Claire HeffernanFeb 20 2017, 6:13pmHi,

I may have missed it, but how do I purchase entry? Or is it the €5 option in the "Purchase IMRA Products"? Many thanks
Tanya SheridanFeb 20 2017, 6:25pmWe urgently need a laptop operator for this race to go ahead. If someone could please step up, that would be great. There will be experienced laptop operators at the race available to support you. Thanks!
Peter O'FarrellFeb 21 2017, 10:15amThanks Dermot for doing the laptop.

The overflow carpark will be closed on Saturday and parking will be very tight. There will not be enough spaces in the Lamb Doyles carpark, especially if solo drivers are in evidence.
Please carpool or cycle up or get dropped off to the race.

thanks,
Peter
Robert FarrellFeb 21 2017, 9:07pmJust wondering where do yet register for this race. Can't seem to find it on the website
Paul MurphyFeb 21 2017, 9:39pmYep looking to sign on but race not available in purchase area?
Bronagh CheethamFeb 22 2017, 8:19amPeter Ive added myself as a volunteer but want to run too if can - could do registration if helps out. B
Peter O'FarrellFeb 22 2017, 9:07amThanks Bronagh and Laura.
Running and volunteering will be perfect and thanks for the help.
Registration will welcome you with open arms, unless you would prefer a stern face and fresh air in the carpark marshall role?

Paul/Robert/Richard/Paul - The purchase imra products area is well beyond my understanding but on the day registration is definitely available via the voucher system.

thanks
Bronagh CheethamFeb 22 2017, 4:07pmhappy to do whatever Peter, no worries.
Bronagh CheethamFeb 22 2017, 4:07pmhappy to do whatever Peter, no worries.
Niamh O'BrienFeb 22 2017, 4:53pmHi there,

I have registered for the year but Ticknock will be my first race of this year so will I be able to collect a race number? Also my brother bought vouchers for me at Christmas, will I be able to collect my vouchers at registration?

Many thanks!
Niamh
Laura FlynnFeb 22 2017, 5:01pmYes Niamh you can collect your number. Can you bring the email confirmation of this and of your voucher gift and you can collect that also. What a nice idea for a Christmas present.

Peter, I'm happy to help with registration.
Laura FlynnFeb 22 2017, 6:30pmI just notice that there aren't too many car pooling offers for this event. As far as I know parking is going to be limited as we don't have access to the car park across the road at what used to be Total Fitness. To avoid being turned away and having to jog up from Marley Park, I suggest people arrange to meet there or maybe Taylor's and car pool.
Niamh O'BrienFeb 22 2017, 8:50pmGreat stuff Laura, thanks!
Jean O'NeillFeb 23 2017, 5:21pmDo you need any more volunteers for 3 Roc? Hip troubling me again, so can't run.
alan hallFeb 24 2017, 7:46amWill registration be open again today? I know the race is on a saturday and rest were on sundays, will this mean that registration is closed for this event a day earlier?
Peter O'FarrellFeb 24 2017, 8:04amHi Jean,

Sorry to hear your hip is giving jip again. We would love your help at the finish, we have enough helpers at registration but would appreciate another hand at the finish area. (So you don't need to come at 9.30am)

Alan, it appears that online registration has closed for this event. Registration on the day will open at about 9.40am and you can enter with a voucher from someones voucher card that morning, we'll have one if you are stuck.
Peter O'FarrellFeb 24 2017, 9:11amLaura Flynn wrote the following for Howth which I am shamelessly copying+pasting;

I would be grateful if all runners and volunteers would please read this post so that everyone understands the system and hopefully it will help things to run smoothly:

1. When runners come into the registration area they will be directed to either the pre-registration table, if they have registered on line or the pay-with -voucher table if they have not.

2. At those tables they will sign in for the race. This is an important cross-checking tool for us as it tells us who actually started the race as opposed to registering but not taking part.

3. At the voucher table you will have the voucher punched once per entry, so if you're paying for another runner you will have it punched twice. You can also collect new vouchers here which you have bought online but please bring your confirmation email.

4. You will then go to the numbers' table and collect your 2017 number which you will keep for the year. Please bring and check your acknowledgement email to ensure you collect the correct number. It's very easy to get , say, 147 mixed up with 174 and this can cause huge headaches for us in sorting out the results.

5 you then go to the chip table and collect your new timing chip which, again, you will keep for the year.

6. Please fill out your contact details on the reverse of your number.

7. We will do our best to ensure the race starts promptly at 11. Registration will open at 9.45 and volunteers should report at 9.30. Please let me know when you arrive.

The race markers do not need to come to Registration.
Please bring high-via jackets if you have them as I cannot currently locate the IMRA jackets.
Andrew HanneyFeb 24 2017, 12:43pmI am around to photograph the race but I can help out at reg too if needed.
Jean O'NeillFeb 24 2017, 2:02pmPeter I have now volunteered. I don't know precisely where the race finish is-how do I get there, is it taped from Lamb Doyles?
Jakub AdamiakFeb 24 2017, 2:13pmIs the on-line registration already closed?
Andrew HanneyFeb 24 2017, 5:32pmAnyone with 5 people in their car tomorrow should get an extra ticket for the draw ;)
Jean O'NeillFeb 24 2017, 6:25pmI'll just get to Lamb Doyles about 10.30 and follow the crowd!
Peter O'FarrellFeb 24 2017, 6:37pmThanks Andrew,

Great idea. Anyone with a full car will indeed get a ticket for the draw. And thanks for taking photos.

Jean, following the crowd will work perfectly.

Pre-entries are closed. On the day entries can only be accepted from runners who are registered on the website as 2017 runners and have a 2017 runner number.
This number can be found in your "my purchase history" section on the line "IMRA Annual Membership, 2017, Race Number: 123"
Miriam MaherFeb 25 2017, 4:02pmThanks Peter, Orla and all the volunteers for an excellently organised morning on the hills! Really super route and the markings made sure that even I didn't go the wrong way:)
Jakub AdamiakFeb 25 2017, 4:24pmWho can I contact about the results? I believe there was some mix up.
Dermot MurphyFeb 25 2017, 5:29pmHi Adamiak, you can email Karen Devenney. Her email address is on the contacts page . Just ask her to check the finishing position of your race number, she can then check against the manual results sheets.
James H CahillFeb 26 2017, 8:52amThank you Peter, Orla and all your volunteers for a great run and morning in Ticknock. Great day out......The route was way too well marked by Adrian, Mike and Greg......Which eliminated my usual Ticknock excuse of "i'ld have been faster but I went wrong". Great day all. Thank you.