Irish Mountain
Running Association

West Dublin Peaks

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Jason SmithJun 17 2016, 10:23amThis is my first event and I've paid for 10 events ,I have no vouchers or number ,I just have the email, I'm wondering where do I register on the day?
Rachel CinnsealachJun 17 2016, 10:32amHi Jason, You collect your voucher when you register. What event are you going to run? The West Dublin Peaks or Brockagh? if you go to the race in question all details of where registration is should be on the site. if you are doing West Dublin Peaks on Saturday the start is at 10.00 am and you need to be able to navigate. Brockagh (if it goes ahead) with be all marked so no navigation needed. It's beginner friendly. West Dublin Peaks is not a race for beginners.
Rachel CinnsealachJun 17 2016, 10:48amPeople have volume needs to organise Brockagh, so it looks like it is going ahead. Registration will be in Laragh. Either opposite Lynams pub or at the start of the race. To get to the start of the race, from Laragh, go towards Glendalough, as you leave Laragh there is a small garage on the right and there is a road/lane just before the garage. The race start is up that road.
John J BarryJun 17 2016, 11:17amRachel,

It's a bug with the website. Regardless of the title of this tread, "NEW TO.THIS", if one selects "Event Details" your directed to "West Dublin Peaks"

Classy bug ;-)
Graham K. BusheJun 17 2016, 11:27amWho are the people with 'Volume Needs'?
Cedric LeLoupJun 17 2016, 11:30amHi everybody,

Do you have an address to find the start of the race ?

Is there a car park?

It will be easier with a Gps, cause I don't know this part of Ireland?

Thank you for your time
Ken CowleyJun 17 2016, 11:34amHi Cedric, yes there is a car-park, and here is a map;
https://goo.gl/maps/C9SmvcjjoVq
Ken CowleyJun 17 2016, 11:36amHi Folks, there was a bug which didn't allow me in to this forum thread, so please read the forum thread 'Change of Date for Saturday 18th' (and the event page) for everything you need to know about tomorrow race. The most important piece of information is that the race-time has been changed to 10am (early start 9.30). PLEASE try to spread the word to anyone you know who is thinking of doing the race and may not be seeing the forum. We have also put an update on the IMRA Facebook group.
James H CahillJun 18 2016, 5:31pmThank you Ken and all your volunteers for a great day in the hills......should have listened a little more attentively to the pre-race instruction to be careful on the barbed wire fence. Thank you Eoin for "reattaching" my finger......it's working beautifully! Well done winners Niamh and Bernard.
Paul JoyceJun 18 2016, 6:08pmA great route, thanks to Ken, Miriam, Eoin, and the other helpers (and James for the voucher). IMRA are the best group of people around, its been a few years since I raced with IMRA but the bug is always there. Well done winners Bernard and Niamh (I was positioned within the ladies top 3 and a great race was fought between them throughout the race). Report done and posted in that section. Really enjoyed the day in the hills :)
Ken CowleyJun 19 2016, 10:36amA huge thanks to my team of volunteers (Niamh, Miriam, Eoin, Torban, Chris and Luke) for all their hard work, the day went very smoothly thanks to you guys. Thanks also for the good feedback, and it was nice to have a good turnout despite the clash with the football. Well done to Niamh and Bernard on their impressive performances, we think Bernard beat the record (his own record!) by about 20 seconds, and it looks like he might have wrapped up the League too. Ruari and James, I hope the respective ankle and finger injuries will recover quickly! Please note there is already a a race report up, and some photos (thanks Paul and Chris)