Irish Mountain
Running Association

Djouce (New Route from Djouce Woods)

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Alan AylingJun 3 2016, 1:15pmRace director needed for this one, anybody keen?

Also need some course marshals. Lot of potential for runners missing turns on this route, no matter how well taped, so we need some marshals out there. Ideal candidate is someone who can be handed a map with marshal point marked on it and get themself there without further description, then enjoys a pleasant couple of hours out enjoying nature and encouraging suffering runners. You know you want to...
Brian O MurchuJun 3 2016, 1:34pmFlute playing optional.....
Lillian DeeganJun 3 2016, 1:36pmA nice and timely reminder Alan - cheers, I think.....
I'd chance taking this baby on just for my love of this particular WW one.
A shadow would be most welcome for my first outing too.
Stuart ScottJun 3 2016, 1:45pmAt first glance, I thought that's no course for a baby!
Alan AylingJun 3 2016, 11:15pmFair play Lillian. The race has a few nuances which I can talk you through. You can give me a call at 0eight7 0five197two3.

Brian - do you actually want to marshal or just play with your flute? ;-)
Miriam MaherJun 4 2016, 10:54pmLillian - have put myself down for lap top operator. Ankle has caught up on me finally...grounded until Cortina. But still bringing my son to the races so may as well make myself useful (ish) !
Alan AylingJun 6 2016, 9:31pmNew route map added. Thanks to Setanta Orienteers for kindly providing the map. Marshal points are marked as well as the route in the forest area. The remainder of the full course is simply out to Djouce Mountain and back.
Lillian DeeganJun 8 2016, 1:11pmMiriam - there's always a silver lining to be had :)
Sorry to hear the ankle ain't playing ball but delighted to hear your on the lap top for this one.
Vivian O'GormanJun 9 2016, 8:38pmHi Lillian- please change Matthew Kavanagh to a running
volunteer - thanks
Lillian DeeganJun 9 2016, 9:07pmHi Vivian - Matthew change made.

Guys,
Might I pop a call out for a few more volunteers for Wed. the 15th pls and thanks.
Laura FlynnJun 9 2016, 9:56pmI've just put my name down as running volunteer Lillian. If it's any help I can get the spot prizes for you to give you one less thing to do?
Lillian DeeganJun 9 2016, 10:05pmLovely - sourcing the spots would be great. Thanks Laura.
Laura FlynnJun 9 2016, 10:12pmNo problem lillian
David Kelly70Jun 10 2016, 11:51amHi Lillian.

I'm really sorry about this but I can't make it this Wednesday - I had volunteered to do First Aid Officer. Would anyone else be able to fill in for me?

Sorry again,

Dave.
Michael McCarthy81Jun 10 2016, 2:24pmhi,

is it possible to register on the night for this one? i have done races a couple years ago in leinster league but will need to re register i assume?

thanks
michael
Brian O MurchuJun 10 2016, 2:31pmHi Michael,
You'll need to get annual membership in advance. Then decide to pre-register or go with 10-race-voucher. These purchase IMRA products will only be available up to 18:00 Tuesday!
Lillian DeeganJun 10 2016, 2:52pmCheers Brian.

David - No worries.

First Aid Role - Anyone from the recent course want to take this one? I'm medical, worse case scenario, we can work through whatever together if required.
Mike JordanJun 11 2016, 10:27amI can do first aid Lillian.
Mike
David Kelly70Jun 12 2016, 11:20amThanks a million Lillian and Mike and sorry for the late notice.

Cheers,

Dave.
Miriam MaherJun 13 2016, 8:21amLillian/Alan, will there be a junior route for this course on Wednesday? Thanks, Miriam
Alan AylingJun 13 2016, 9:59amYes Miriam, junior route is the forest part without going out to Djouce Mountain & back. Beast of a route, some proper steep ups and downs. A fraction over the 5 km mark if I remember, maybe 5.2 or so.
The perfect setting for the re-match of Luke vs Luke ;-)
Miriam MaherJun 13 2016, 10:33amExcellent stuff Alan:-) Thanks Miriam
Catherine DevittJun 13 2016, 10:51amHi Lillian, do you need any more helpers for Wednesday night Djouce race?
Lillian DeeganJun 13 2016, 12:19pmMike - thanks for that.

Catherine - Yes, bring your friends :) I've 12 at the mo. 6 of which will be on the race route. Alan Alying is super familiar with this route. We will run through placing all marshals as required today, sending out an email to all our helpers noting your key spot come race eve. a sap.

Any other bodies at a loose end? Could do with another couple of helpers guys. Tia.
Alan KilbrideJun 13 2016, 4:22pm.

Hi,

I was just wondering if this is the correct location for parking?

https://www.google.ie/maps/dir/53.1568226,-6.1867291//@53.161979,-6.1878413,14.25z?hl=en

We may be brining a spare pair of hands too so if we have a helper I'll be sure to let you know!

Thanks!
Alan.
Brian O MurchuJun 13 2016, 11:11pmWhile pre-reg is only available til 18:00 Tuesday, there is a limited number of yearbooks left that can be purchased up to Wednesday afternoon and be available for collection at Djouce race! #PurchaseIMRAproducts
Kieran CravenJun 14 2016, 9:40amI've just put my name down as a volunteer. Does another volunteer have space in their car for me? I work in the city centre, but can get to M50 Red Cow, or N11 easily enough.

Thanks!
Kieran
Torben DahlJun 14 2016, 9:54amHi Kieran,
I can give you a lift from Red Cow. Send me a text at 0eight5 1oo 8nine8nine.

Torben
Lillian DeeganJun 14 2016, 10:59am.
Alan Kilbride - Yes. That's the spot. If you have car space, carpooling would be great too. Parking will be limited enough by Djouce.

Plucks in Kilmacanogue are ok with us using their inner car park pre race. Please drive straight in past the establishment opposed to parking right off the inner gate. The space a little beyond is huge. Park your vehicle tidy enough to allow for all who return for prize giving.

Volunteers : have sufficient numbers now - thanks all. Email noting tasks will be circulated shortly.

** ON LINE PRE REG: this closes at 18:00 this evening.
Lillian DeeganJun 14 2016, 3:01pm.
Volunteer roles emailed to all accepted helpers. Please review and respond where necessary. Cheers guys.
Paul Coleman - thanks for popping in there too. I will revert a sap. Have sufficient numbers for now unless one of my ppl need to make a change.
Deirdre Flynn-McGrathJun 14 2016, 6:57pmHi, I'm a helper what time will you be wanting us at? Thank you.
Lillian DeeganJun 14 2016, 7:11pmHi Deirdre,
Email resent just now.
Lillian
Bruce PhillipsJun 14 2016, 7:20pmDjouce veiled in deep cloud cover this evening
The clound level almost touches the top of the fire road at the start of the Glasnamullen run!! Tomorrow will offer very different climatic conditions that recent weeks.
Vivian O'GormanJun 15 2016, 8:22amHi Lillian - sorry but didn't get your email but will be there for 6...
Lillian DeeganJun 15 2016, 10:55am.
Vivian - email resent there now.

**Race Info**
RUNNERS: Reg will be available from 18:20 onwards this evening. Reg will close at 19:15 sharp. Please arrive and get sorted well in advance. Be advised, there is a small walk up to the start from the car parking area. The race will start bang on time. Don't forget to bring your race number and race voucher/online registration confirmation.

As Bruce noted above, Djouce and the surrounds were covered with low cloud around race time yesterday eve. It may well be similar this evening. The race route will be well marked and have 6 marshals to guide. Please follow the route out and back as detailed on the map. Alan Ayling has gone to great lengths to try and ensure ppl won't get lost. He has a super well marked out and back sorted for you. Don't let him down :)

Again, don't forget your jacket - https://www.imra.ie/forum/topic/id/4271 there will be increased spot checks and I've a keen eye. No jacket will result in a DNF.

**EARLY STARTERS**
The early start time is 19:00.
As per the IMRA statement - https://www.imra.ie/forum/topic/id/4271 - the early start is only available for those who usually are 160% or more of the race winner.
Early birds welcome and if you are taking the early start ensure you let the people at the sign in desk know. Please sort your Reg. in good time.

**Car Parking & Carpooling**
Djouce has parking but it's limited. I am asking for as many racers as possible to load up and travel from Plucks in Kilmac in groups. Please use the inner car park by the pub and park as neatly as possible. We use Plucks for a few events and we would like to carry on doing so. We won't upset the regulars at the same location. We'll want again.

**Prizegiving**
Plucks in Kilmacanogue post race is the spot. Sambos will be there for all post run. And that's about it I think.

See all above later for another grand little outing all going well.
Lillian
Tom CurtinJun 15 2016, 2:15pmHi Guys,

Haven't raced this year.

How does the new online setup work?

I can't find anywhere to Register for the year as an IMRA member or to register for a race?
Brian O MurchuJun 15 2016, 2:19pmHi Tom,
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but registration closed yesterday evening for this event:( Annual registration will be available again tomorrow. Once you purchase this, you just need to make the decision to pre-register for each individual race or purchase a 10 race voucher (which is valid 2016 AND 2017)
Alan AylingJun 15 2016, 2:20pmThere will be room for some early arriving cars down the fire road. Please cooperate with parking marshals' requests. And don't block the fire road - that is a strict condition of our permit. After that, fill up the car park, parking nice and close together. We don't want to be parking out on the road and absolutely not blocking any neighbours' gates or farm access.
Thank you.
Tom CurtinJun 15 2016, 3:04pmThanks Brian,

Will register tomorrow for next weeks race hopefully.
Pity, loved running Djouce.

Is running the course without a race number/membership in place very frowned upon?
Pól Ó MurchúJun 15 2016, 3:42pmI'll be driving from Ballsbridge tonight if anyone looking for a lift. I won't be coming back that way though but can drop you close to bus or Luas.
Roger TegartJun 15 2016, 5:07pmI was hoping to run this evening but I have left my book of race vouchers back at home. Is there a way of recording this and hopefully still racing?
Roger TegartJun 15 2016, 5:07pmI was hoping to run this evening but I have left my book of race vouchers back at home. Is there a way of recording this and hopefully still racing?
Paul O'GradyJun 15 2016, 5:19pmIf anyone wants a lift, I will be leaving Blackrock at 18:15. I can collect people from the 46a, the Dart or anywhere along the way.
Pól Ó MurchúJun 15 2016, 5:21pmI'll sort ya out Roger.
Paul MahonJun 16 2016, 8:27amGreat route and marking Alan & Iossac - Marshaling on the hills and Directing by first time Race Director by Lillian - Super to see new blood taking on the RD role after only a handful of IMRA races too :-)
Lillian DeeganJun 16 2016, 11:53amThanks to all my wonderful helper people for this gig - I was made up with having such a smashing group to pull from when planning. Email gone to each and all of you fab people. Throw on the kettle, it could take a few hours to read.

Apologies to all who were above on behalf of the midget population. They were uninvited and a such a bother. I'll source a wind blower yolk next time!

Well done to all racers, you were a grand organised timely group to manage. Delighted nobody got lost owing to the super well organised marked route of Alan Ayling and Iosac. Pòl may be wanting to bring back a bit of horror nav wise next time. Himself and James Cahill had a right little bit of fun racing each other I'm told. The lead man Des and lead lady Charlotte ran whoppers of times - savage! Fair play to both of ye.

A special word of thanks to Karen for getting the results up so swiftly from the pub stool last night. This was possible owing to Miriam and Liam's mighty efforts at the finish line and also from the pub with the laptop. Such pro's involved with that task - deadly buzz from me to witness. Cheers guys.

That's it folks.

** Lost and Found **
A race voucher was found on the hill by a fellow runner. Race No. 468 - Ciaran, will you get in touch with me and I'll post this back to you. 086 820 9861. Thanks.

Me: As it was my 1st outing RD wise, I would ask those better in the know, how best to race brief for gun time. I'm one of those that like to rock up, reg and just get running. I'm no fan of the hanging about jazz and esp. as last night was like midget city, brief was brief. Perhaps too brief from a safety aspect..... Thankfully nobody needed to be air lifted.
James H CahillJun 16 2016, 11:57amWell done Lillian and all your volunteers for a great day out on Djouce. Despite my best efforts I couldn't go wrong the course was so extensively marked.......in fact my poor time is due to being entangled in the tape on some occasions (there's always a complaint!) Well done Alan and Iosac - no DNFs / wrong coursers this year. Thank you Lillian for my most unexpected and undeserved cake. It just goes to show that as Woody Alan said "80% of the secret to success is just showing up". I've cracked the 80% bit....now the challenge is to crack the other 20% - that'ld be the running bit!
Stuart ScottJun 16 2016, 12:18pmWell done on a great first outing Lillian, the organisation was flawless! I wouldn't be too pushed about a long brief either. The emergency contact number is the most important thing to get across in my opinion, and you'd assume those at the front of the field have researched the route enough.

Bit of a trek from parking to reg but that can't be helped. Though a question for Alan maybe - is there be a nice mtb track that would allow the route to be extended to start in the main carpark? Either way, the marking was perfect and I couldn't have gotten lost even if I'd tried. The new route up the tunnel was a nice addition too, in terms of terrain this race has everything.
Rachel CinnsealachJun 16 2016, 12:29pmWell done Lillian and all the volunteers. It was a fab race and a fab route. Stu, there are tonnes of mountain biking trails all over Deuce woods and yes there are trails that lead back to the car park..
However unfortunately they are all uphill!! I don't know about you, but that last couple of 100 m up hill at the end killed me.

I wouldn't be in favour of an uphill extention at the end of the race
(If it was up at the start and down at the end, I'd be totally in favour).
Louisa O'SullivanJun 16 2016, 12:41pmResults :) While I'd love to pretend that I did indeed to very well in this race I'd like to request that whoever has access to the race results could add extra time on to my result as I was an Early Start! I actually finished bang on with Gordon Douglas. I marked Early start on the reg sheet but forgot to sign the other early start sheet as well...apologies.
I took a bit of a fall in the woods but I can't blame that entirely on my time. BTW many thanks to Ciaran Crowley who stopped to lift me up and to the lovely lady who stayed with me till I got running again and minded my watch for me.
Lillian DeeganJun 16 2016, 12:51pmLouisa, thanks for the msg and reminder.

Results -
Any issue with the results, please email karen.devenney@imra.ie to sort amendments.
Lillian DeeganJun 16 2016, 12:56pmJames, how true. Thanks for being just James! It was well sweet seeing so many 100 T's above running last night. And I'm thinking Mr President totally got the gist of your complaint well into the wee small hours last night. Thanks for going straight to the top and sorting that one yourself :) :) One less thing for me to box tick.
Thomas KeeleyJun 16 2016, 2:47pmGreat race Director in Lillian Deegan or as will be referred to now as my Wardrobe as she generously loaned me her coveted Kerry way Technical top for last nights race and never uttered a word of dismay when I returned it wet smelly and dirty.......Thanks Lillian and look forward to you Directing again.
Lillian DeeganJun 16 2016, 3:41pm.
Ne bothers TJ. I'll buy a new long sleeve shirt for you. Had to take a moment in the middle of prize giving to chop off the sleeves, was sweating it when I didn't need to be. Lovely to see you above last night.
Seán HassettJun 16 2016, 9:47pmSome more photos taken from last night's race are now uploaded on the events page. Happy tagging.