Irish Mountain
Running Association

Tonelagee and lap of the Lake

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Gordon PlaceApr 10 2016, 11:43pmHi,
I was just wondering as a matter of interest what the Average course time is for the Tonelagee route. Just that it's one that I am kind of familiar having walked it before. I can see the amazing fastest times in the event history alright. Gulp!
James H CahillApr 11 2016, 7:42amThis course changed last year from the previous out around the lake and back to down Kevin's way across open mountain to the lake, around, top of tonlagee and back. This has added about 15 minutes to the route. The average time last year on this new course was about 1.20
Jason DowlingApr 16 2016, 9:37pmLooking for a laptop operator and a first-aid officer for this race. Any suitably qualified candidates can apply. Good conditions on the day (we hope!!).
Brian O MurchuApr 22 2016, 11:55amAll competitors, and particularly those who have not competed this year already, should READ the NEW REGISTRATION GUIDELINES.

We are NO longer accepting MONEY at races.

Unless you intend using a race voucher to pay for the race, you will need to REGISTER ON-LINE for the event and for the year if this is your first race this year.

If you have bought vouchers on line and are collecting them please bring confirmation of payment.

Registration will close at 6PM the evening before the race to allow us print off the list of runners. If you want to run and have missed this you can use your or someone else voucher if they are willing. However you will need to be registered for the year( €10 paid on-line).

On the day you will be directed either to the 'Registered on-line' table to sign in or to the 'pay with voucher' table to have your card punched AND SIGN IN.

If this is your first race this year, you will collect your number which you KEEP for the year. Please bring confirmation of number and registration.

If you have already run this year you will or should have your number with you. Its quite a headache for the organisers if you forget your number so PLEASE bring it.
Jeff SwordsApr 23 2016, 4:45pmVery enjoyable race today, thanks to Jason and his crew.

I like the introduction of the new race director equipment in the form of binoculars, and the cheer team at the finish for cheering every time someone slipped or lost a shoe on the descent.
James H CahillApr 23 2016, 5:35pmThank you Jason and all your volunteers for a great day in the hills. Well organized........except the climb back up Tonlagee was a little too steep (perhaps you can address that next year Jason - a funicular perhaps!). As Jeff highlighted the finish line support added to the day. A successful upright descent of Tonlagee was met with derision, whilst a face plant or lost shoe was met with cheers - the schadefreude syndicate perhaps.
Karen DevenneyApr 23 2016, 7:31pmWell done to Jason on his RD debut and to all who ran today. Results are up. Any issues, drop me a mail at karen.devenney at imra dot ie
Andrew HanneyApr 24 2016, 11:46amThanks again to Jason and the volunteers for a great race yesterday.
Jeff SwordsApr 25 2016, 4:43pmI see Brendan just dropped the mic at the feet of James in his race report. The battle of the bards may get violent at some point.
James H CahillApr 25 2016, 8:20pmBrilliant Brendan I (see the race report).......I think you could hear my whingeing throughout the hills of Wicklow......I believe some of the Quest competitors in Laragh were even disturbed by my whining. Thank you for picking up my rattle, which I had ditched from my pram somewhere up on the shoulder of Tonlagee, and bringing it back to the finish line for me! Apologies to those at the finish line who drifted into unconsciousness listening to my cantankerous carping. I pronounce Brendan Lawlor Poet Laureate for IMRA 2016