Irish Mountain
Running Association

Powerscourt Ridge

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Jim FitzharrisAug 19 2015, 3:15pmI have volunteered for this as Deputy RD.

In fact, I have no problem doing any non-running role: RD, laptop, marshal, general dogsbody!

I have a preference for Djouce summit marshal but remain flexible.

Cheers,

Jim.
David Mc CrossanAug 27 2015, 11:16pmHi. Excuse me for jumping on This post but I'm looking to get the price on this event and can't seem to find it anywhere? I'm new to do This site/event page so forgive me if it's looking at me somewhere on my he page.

thanks in advance !!
Kevin O'RiordanAug 27 2015, 11:29pmHi Dave, it's the usual IMRA race fee of €7 per race + €10 for annual membership if you haven't run an IMRA race so far this year. Since it's the last race of the season, the race directory might do a cheaper deal on combined race fee+membership but don't hold me to that :)
David Mc CrossanAug 30 2015, 5:02pm:) il use your name :) cheers for the info. There's a couple of us looking to do this so we might get a deal.

Thanks again !!
Maike JürgensSep 1 2015, 4:43pmI can confirm that there will be a fee of 10 euros for runners who are not yet registered for 2015. However, please note that the route most likely will not be marked (although there will be marshalls along the course) so some familiarity with the route and area would be helpful. please check event details with respect to mandatory kit and further information closer to the race date.
Jim FitzharrisSep 1 2015, 5:02pmMaike,

I have "delisted" myself as Deputy RD as I gather Vivian will do that.

I have added myself back as a general helper - will do whatever you want but distinct preference for summit marshal on Djouce!

Cheers,

Jim.
Maike JürgensSep 1 2015, 5:07pmJim, great thanks. Vivian mentioned you d want to do summit marshall on Djouce. There is a fair chance of special cake for volunteers, especially those braving the elements and marshalling :)
Brían O'MearaSep 13 2015, 9:28pmMaike, you can stick me down as summit marshal for Maulin for this, if you'd like.
Maike JürgensSep 13 2015, 9:37pmthanks Brian!
Kieran MolloyOct 2 2015, 4:36pmHi,
I am hoping to run the long course but I have a few 14 to 16 year old venture scouts interested in running the short course. Are they okay to enter? I will walk the course with them in advance so navigation won't be an issue and I will have an adult or two in support at the start finish. Apologies if the answer to this is available elsewhere on the site I can't see it. Thanks in advance. Kieran
Maike JürgensOct 5 2015, 10:36pmHi Kieran, as much as I can understand they would like to run the short course, the course is too long/unmarked for 14 to 16 year olds. If they do want to run the short course, an adult would have to accompany them around the whole course on the day. hope this helps. best, Maike
Gerry BradyOct 5 2015, 11:23pmMaike, if you have enough volunteers you might be able to organise a Youths race starting and finishing at the car park and doing one lap of the British and Irish trial course? See https://www.imra.ie/ad-hoc/crone_20150829_short.jpg

It would be around 4 km and not go on open mountain.
Maike JürgensOct 6 2015, 6:54amthanks Gerry, I ll look into that and announce on the forum should there be a specific junior course. Kieran, I forgot to add last night if they were generally interested in junior races they could have a look at the Wednesday night league next summer which, for most races, offers a junior course.
Kieran MolloyOct 7 2015, 3:02pmHi Maike. Thanks for responding to my query. I was a little concerned at allowing the youths run and you have confirmed the right answer is no. Thank you Gerry for your suggestion and Maike if it turns out to be a runner (forgive the pun) great if not no worries. I am hoping to have a look at doing some of the races in the Wednesday night league next year and I will give them the option of tagging along to the races where a junior course is included. Thanks again to both yourself and Gerry for responding to my query. Appreciate it. Hopefully see you all in Crones next month.
Thanks,
Kieran
dimitri meffreOct 15 2015, 8:46pmHi everyone, I am looking for a lift Saturday morning to get to this event. I can go anywhere on the dart line if that can help, I would be coming from Dublin 1. That would be my first event! Any help much appreciated. you can get me on here or else 0860887705 Thank you.
Maike JürgensOct 15 2015, 10:06pmabout 3 weeks to the last imra race of 2015:

thanks to all those who volunteered already.

we still need a First Aider and laptop operator, please and could do with a few more general volunteers
volunteering can be as great and exciting as running so get in there quick :) - homemade cake goes to those who help :)

also, as parking is tight, please carpool and I am glad to announce that there will be a carpool reward for the "best" (read as most creative, most legal number of people per volume of car ...) car pool.
Paul O'GradyOct 15 2015, 11:01pmI can collect you from the Dart Dimitri - my car is up on the carpool now
dimitri meffreOct 16 2015, 8:26amThanks Paul, i will see you at Blackrock Dart station at 9.30 tomorrow.
Maike JürgensOct 16 2015, 4:09pmthe race is on Saturday November 7th NOT tomorrow, October 17th!!!
Dimitri MeffreOct 16 2015, 4:26pmThank you, my mistake. Paul O'Grady gave me a call to tell me. I completely mixed dates. So, to the 7th it is!
Kelvin HallOct 21 2015, 2:42pmHi, how far in distance is the short course run for this event? Thanks a lot.
Maike JürgensOct 21 2015, 6:01pmthe short course is about 8 to 9 km in length with approximately 500 m of climb. However, even the short course is unmarked. hope this helps.
Kelvin HallOct 22 2015, 12:05pmThanks Maike. Just one small clarification. Looking at the maps and descriptions, does the short course continue on as far as dodder bridge on the way back down from maulin or does it leave the long course runners before this? Thanks a lot - again!
Maike JürgensOct 23 2015, 6:31pmyou don't go all the way down to the river but turn left as soon as you meet the Wicklow Way to turn back to the start. There will be a marshall in place where the long and short course split.
Maike JürgensOct 23 2015, 6:33pmplease note:
MANDATORY KIT: showerproof jacket, hat, gloves, longsleeve top, map of route

recommended kit (additional): water, food, mobile phone.

I will repost this closer to the event. there will be kit checks in place.
henny brandsmaOct 24 2015, 2:09pmUnfortunately can't volunteer for this race could you please take me of volunteer-list,regards Henny.
Paul O'GradyOct 28 2015, 1:46pmGood afternoon Maike,

Could you please reconsider the mandatory kit requirements for this race - specifically the requirement to wear a long sleeve top.

Such a top has never been a requirement before - even during the winter league - and many people don't like running in such tops due to irritation, over heating etc.

Once people have their jacket with them, that should be sufficient - can the choice of top please remain with the individual runner - one person's cold day is another person's warm day.

Many thanks

Paul
Lorcan FarrellOct 28 2015, 1:57pmHey, really looking forward to Saturday morning! Is there an early start for us slower runners or are we all off together?

L.
Maike JürgensOct 29 2015, 5:29pmHi Paul, thanks for your post.

At this point, the mandatory kit will stay as it is.

There is no requirement to wear the longsleeve top (but you can) but I would like for people to have it in case something happens.

cheers
Maike
Maike JürgensOct 29 2015, 5:29pmHi Lorcan, thanks for asking, early start is at 10.30. cheers
Maike
Conor MurphyOct 30 2015, 9:32amLorcan...not this Saturday!
Lorcan FarrellOct 30 2015, 11:06amConor, you're a gent! had in my head that the race was on tomorrow!! See you all Sat week!
Stuart ScottOct 30 2015, 11:17amThat's twice now...just shows how much the IMRA races are missed!
Maike JürgensOct 30 2015, 5:25pmHi all, just to clarify that the mandatory kit is also weather dependent so please bring the listed kit (jacket, hat, gloves, longsleeve top, map of route) to the race. A jacket will always be mandatory, the remaining kit will be subject to temperature/rain/wind evaluation.
cheers
Maike
Gareth LittleNov 2 2015, 4:21pmI will have Club 100 and Wicklow Round t-shirts at this race and after at the AGM. If you are eligible for them, give me a shout. Thanks
Iain DonnellanNov 2 2015, 8:25pmHaving not done one of these races before, can you tell me what constitutes a 'map of route'? Must it be an official OS map, or does a printout of what is on the event details page of the website count? thanks
S.M. GriffithNov 2 2015, 10:17pm@Maike- I know it seems a bit late in the year to ask this question, but will vouchers be there for collection? I bought one earlier in the year and forgot I had done so. Cheers
S.M. GriffithNov 2 2015, 10:17pm@Maike- I know it seems a bit late in the year to ask this question, but will vouchers be there for collection? I bought one earlier in the year and forgot I had done so. Cheers
Maike JürgensNov 2 2015, 10:42pmIain, a print out of the map of the route from the map tab will be sufficient (i usually put it in a ziplock bag). Alternatively, you can bring an OSI map for the area or the East West Map (Dublin and North Wicklow).
Maike JürgensNov 2 2015, 10:43pmSorcha, I believe there will be, if not, I will post here
Maike JürgensNov 3 2015, 7:27amHi all,

a few more bits of information for Saturday:

please carpool. the best carpool will be rewarded. :) there will likely be a lot of walkers also using the carpark so please take care.

if you have run in 2015 already, please look up your race number and write it down, it will speed up the registration process.
if you have not run in 2015, please bring a new member form (see forms at the bottom of the page) to the race. we will have a few forms at the race start, too. there will be a combined membership and race fee of 10 euros for new runners.

thanks to all who have volunteered so far, i will be sending an email later today. I could do with a few more volunteers if anyone fancies homemade biscuits :)

Start is at 11.00. Early start is at 10.30. Registration will open shortly after 10.00.

Prize giving in Powerscourt Arms

Please note the posts about the AGM and Saturday night social.

any questions, please post.

here is to good weather on Saturday
Maike
Cillin CorbettNov 4 2015, 1:08pmI know it's quite late for this, but are the Leinster League prizes still around? I finished enough races but I was waiting until I volunteered a second time. I'll be there this weekend so is there any chance I could pick it up then?
Rachel CinnsealachNov 4 2015, 3:27pmHi Cillian,

You will be able to collect your top on Saturday. Unfortunately I won't be able to make either the run or the AGM due to college commitments, but I will pass them onto someone else to give out.

Rachel.
Geoff NeedhamNov 4 2015, 4:09pmHi there,

I will be racing for the first time on Saturday and I have a question. I understand I need a map of the route. Does this mean an OS map or just a printout of the route info from the IMRA website. If I need an OS map where would the best place be to buy one.

Thanks in advance,

Geoff
Gareth LittleNov 4 2015, 4:39pmHi Geoff,

The only mandatory kit so far is a rain coat. This has been recently updated on the main event page. Thanks

Mandatory kit: Showerproof jacket

Potentially mandatory kit depending on the weather conditions: map of route, longsleeve top, gloves, hat

Additional recommended kit: water, food, mobile phone
Geoff NeedhamNov 4 2015, 4:43pmCool. Thanks Gareth
Liam LenehanNov 4 2015, 5:33pmHi guys,
Hoping to race for the first time on Saturday too and really looking forward to it.
I ran the long course myself a couple of weeks ago in a little over 2 hours so should I join the early starters? Did walk and use poles for steep bits if thats ok?
Liam
Maike JürgensNov 5 2015, 7:35amthe early start generally is for people with an expected race time of more than 160% of the winners time. looking at last years times, just over 2 hours would put you at around 155% so you would be fine in the regular start at 11.
Liam LenehanNov 5 2015, 9:59amThanks Maike. See you then.
Liam
Brendan PollardNov 6 2015, 9:42amfolks,

I will have my map of course with me but is there a gpx image available of course that I can download (only as backup :)

Brendan
Paul O'GradyNov 6 2015, 6:39pmI've had a drop out for the Carpool also - so I just edited the listing and added another seat - if anyone is looking for a lift tomorrow, I'm leaving from Blackrock and can collect people from the Dart/Luas/Bus. See carpool section for more information.
Krystof MeierNov 7 2015, 4:02pmHi folks, thanks for the race today, it was tough and so beautiful. As this was my first IMRA race, I wanna ask where can I find the results once you got them? Thanks a mill and hope to see you soon on the trails again.
John ShielsNov 7 2015, 4:07pmHi Krystof,
There will be a link from the home page to the lastest results, once they are on line as well as under the event page for the race
Dimitri MEFFRENov 7 2015, 4:36pmFirst mountain race for me, that was absolutely amazing! Great course, tough mind you! but so much fun! meeting great people once again, very happy with today's event. I am happy as a pig in sh...aherm...a runner covered in mud :) Thanks for a great day!
Maike JürgensNov 7 2015, 5:22pmHi all,
thanks to the volunteer team today, you all did a fabulous job.
thanks to all runners for coming out to run, i hope you enjoyed the day.
Results will take a while to go up online, please be patient.

The carpool prize was awared to Paul O'Grady who had 4 passengers and made a considerable effort to replace the 4th who dropped out at short notice. A great effort was made by all, apparently car parking was much better than last year. :)

In terms of lost and found:
a diabetes device (for measuring blood sugar I believe) was handed in at the finish which might or might not belong to a runner. If you know of anyone missing it, please get in touch on zero86 two hundred 4441.

Maike
James H CahillNov 7 2015, 6:39pmWell done Maike and all the volunteers on an excellently organized and run race. You even managed to get the worst of the weather to hold off Maike and also arranged a magnificent rainbow as we descended off Djouce. Thank you for a great day
Liam LenehanNov 7 2015, 6:39pmHi Guys,
Thanks from another first timer. I really enjoyed the challenge and almost being blown off the edge of the track on the back of Djouce was also a first for me!
Looking forward to joining you next season.
Liam
David Mc CrossanNov 7 2015, 9:27pmFirst mountain run for me and my buddy today and we where blown away by the wind and the course :). Never felt so challenged in Any event/activity. We buzzed all the way to Dublin swapping stories. Look forward to signing up for next years calendar of events. Massive thanks.

David and Darren.
Gerard ClerkinNov 8 2015, 2:34pmThanks to Maike and helpers for a brilliantly organised race.

I also want to give a special word of thanks to Peter for patching me up after I took a spill coming off Maulin. It was much appreciated.
Pól Ó MurchúNov 8 2015, 8:33pmThanks to Maike and her team of volunteers yesterday.Great race. Great to see so many new people running too.
Donncha WalshNov 9 2015, 4:32pmFirst IMRA race and absolutely loved it, cant wait for the season to star next year. The first aider at the finish was an absolute gent also, cheers!
Roger TegartNov 12 2015, 10:13amAny chance of the results from Saturday?
Karen DevenneyNov 12 2015, 6:44pmResults are up...
Caitlin BentNov 14 2015, 4:40pmHi Karen, could you adjust Gordon Douglas's time as he was an early starter and finished maybe 5 minutes or more ahead of me. Thanks.
Mary CollinsNov 14 2015, 7:20pmThanks Maike to you and all your volunteers for organizing the race last weekend. Well done. Mary Collins
Karen DevenneyNov 16 2015, 7:12pmResults updated, apologies for the delay
Kevin O'RiordanNov 16 2015, 7:40pmhttps://youtu.be/07So_lJQyqw
Mick HanneyNov 26 2015, 6:26amNice race report Paddy O'Leary.