Irish Mountain
Running Association

Sorrell Hill

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Bronagh CheethamMay 25 2015, 8:31amhi, Im planning a recce on Sorrell Hill early this Saturday morning if anyone fancies it - in particular anyone thinking of volunteering for marking/marshalling the route. email me @ bronaghcheetham01@gmail.com if want to join.
Brian O MurchuJun 4 2015, 12:55amThe last box of yearbooks will be available at Sorrell Hill race!
Bronagh CheethamJun 5 2015, 1:04pmthanks to all the Volunteers signed up to date..nearly there!! just need a race marker/demarker, first aider and about 3 more general volunteers - these can be running volunteers. Many thanks.
Bronagh CheethamJun 8 2015, 6:24pmStill need many volunteers esp a first aider?? Don't think race can go ahead without one? Also race marker...Else will b an unmarked race route if allowed to go ahead. Short on general volunteers too please...don't make be beg 😞. All roles need to b filled by tomorrow eve latest. many thanks!
Sarah Ní RuaircJun 8 2015, 7:15pmHi Bronagh, will there be an early start? If so, what time?

Thanks,

Sarah
Eileen RowlandJun 8 2015, 7:21pmHi Bronagh, I am available to help at Sorrell. Would it be possible to run too.
Alan HicksJun 8 2015, 7:47pmAny if you fine folks going to the Sorrell event got a spare seat to & from the greater Dublin area? Flying in from US Wed morn & leaving Thurs. Be very happy to share petrol expenses & very thankful for a lift.....
Jenny O'LearyJun 9 2015, 11:43amHi Keith Mulvey, Can I please car pool with you? I can meet you in City west if you please let me know what time you will be passing through there?

Thanks, Jenny
David Kelly70Jun 9 2015, 12:57pmHi Bronagh,

I can do first aid if you need me. I have signed up online.

Thanks,

Dave
Bronagh CheethamJun 9 2015, 1:16pmGreat, thanks All! Have a reserve (injured runner who would have to walk ) in for marking course if all else fails so if anyone else free to do this let me know. anyone asking for a running volunteering slot should be fine to run too. have enough now so please review remaining races and sign up early for those - greatly helps the RD in planning.

yes Sarah hope to do an early start 7.15. Early starters though need to be aware to give way on return to front runners coming from behind esp on last down part to the forest trail as this is single line for most of it. please keep to right of track heading down.
Ger PowerJun 10 2015, 12:15pmIf you had the early start at 7pm it might solve the problem and be safer.
Bronagh CheethamJun 10 2015, 3:06pmhi, prob better idea Ger so we'll early start for 7 so that means leaving field at 6.50 to be at start for 7. hope Im not too late posting this and all early starters see it.

****VOLUNTEERS*** if you havnt rec'd an email from me re your post/job for tonight email me on bronaghcheetham01@gmail.com or come to be directly when arrive in field.

the sun may be out but don't forget Jackets!
going to be a smashing evening for it, jelous Im not running!
Bronagh CheethamJun 10 2015, 3:06pmhi, prob better idea Ger so we'll early start for 7 so that means leaving field at 6.50 to be at start for 7. hope Im not too late posting this and all early starters see it.

****VOLUNTEERS*** if you havnt rec'd an email from me re your post/job for tonight email me on bronaghcheetham01@gmail.com or come to be directly when arrive in field.

the sun may be out but don't forget Jackets!
going to be a smashing evening for it, jelous Im not running!
Keith MulveyJun 10 2015, 3:27pmHi Jenny, no problem, you just need to confirm your place in the carpool section under the details tab on the race page. I'll be passing there around 5:45pm. Can I meet you outside the LUAS stop at the Citywest shopping centre? rEGARDS, kEITH
Bronagh CheethamJun 10 2015, 10:51pmHuge thanks again to my volunteers tonight helping all to run so smoothly. To martin who did super job on laptop..thank you, to all our marshalls and course markers, to mike on keys and to all back at base...V much appreciated! Wow what an evening for it.
Damien CoyleJun 11 2015, 8:43amHey There Bronagh, you did a super job there last night yourself. Well done to you and your awesome team of volunteers. It was a spectacular evening of running, great views and delightful banter. Long may it last.
See you all next week at Djouce :)
Brendan LawlorJun 11 2015, 8:59amThanks Bronagh and team for a great race - really well organised. It was great to run out and back on the same route - some of the other classic out and backs (Scarr, Brockagh and Djouce) have fallen foul of the NPWS so good to still have one left on the calendar
Caitlín BentJun 11 2015, 9:39amAah Brendan. The NPWS are just doing their job to conserve our mountains from erosion from overuse. Thanks Bronagh and all who volunteered for a well run event.
James H CahillJun 11 2015, 8:09pmThank you Bronagh and all the volunteers for a great race and excursion into the hills yesterday. Very well organized and very enjoyable
Alan HicksJun 11 2015, 9:01pmThanks to all for a great race last night. It was my 1st mountain run, and it was awesome! Thanks to Paul for the lift, all the organizers & volunteers and looking fwd to making more trips from the US for IMRA races.
Pól Ó MurchúJun 11 2015, 10:27pmResults up now. As usual any problems let me know. pol.omurchu@imra.ie.