Irish Mountain
Running Association

Fraughen Rock Glen

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Dermot MurphyJun 2 2015, 9:10amWill need volunteers for this race on Sunday. Is anyone available to do summit marshal? Will also need a first aider and a few people to help with registration (can also run) and the finish.
Brendan DelaneyJun 3 2015, 5:46pmDermot, I can do summit marshall, as long as there's good reception for the Kildare - Laois match.
Dermot MurphyJun 3 2015, 8:07pmCheers Brendan - appreciate that. My number is zero87 7four454seven5. Please text me your number and I will give you a ring on Saturday.
Bring a strong pair of binoculars for the match, if they don't work the result is a foregone conclusion anyway...
Mick HanneyJun 3 2015, 10:08pmDermot - Bernard Fortune said he would be a race volunteer for this race too.
Caitlín BentJun 4 2015, 6:03pmHi. Will there be an early start for this run?
Dermot MurphyJun 4 2015, 8:01pmCan volunteers be at registration for 10:40am, and we will open registration at 10:45am? Brendan, I will give you a ring on Saturday, as you may want to start out earlier than this.

Early start is 11:30am for anyone who thinks they will be longer than 2 hours 15 minutes on the route.

Along with jacket, can you please also bring along a compass and map of the route? If there cloud cover on the top of the mountain, it will be essential to have these and be able to use them.

Please try to car pool as much as possible - there is limited parking and I would expect there to be plenty of hikers around as well. Single occupancy cars should try to carpool from either Laragh or the Glenmalure lodge.
Catherine DevittJun 5 2015, 10:18amDermot, apologies I've had to un-volunteer for this race. I hope you can find someone else. Catherine
Dermot MurphyJun 5 2015, 3:15pmPlease note that the Wicklow 200 cycle event takes place on Sunday as well. This may cause delays on your route to the race start. Please look up the Wicklow 200 route and allow for delays or try to use a route off the Wicklow 200 route as much as possible.

Route Description: Starting in Greystones and heading to Kilmacanogue, Roundwood, Laragh, the Wicklow Gap, Holywood, Baltinglass, Aghavannagh, Slieve Mann, Drumgoff, Glenmalure, Rathdrum, south to the Meeting of the Waters and on to Avoca, a left turn through the villiage, past the now famous Ballykiss Angels pub and on to Redcross, Ballinderrig, then Kilmacurra, Ashford on on to the finish in Greystones.

The Wicklow 100 will veer left in Laragh and straight to Rathdrum for the checkpoint there and return on the same route as the Wicklow 200.
Dermot MurphyJun 7 2015, 6:38pmWell done to Bernard Fortune and Beck Quinn on their wins today. Full results will be up in the next day or two.

A fine sunny day with good underfoot conditions made for an enjoyable for all - well done to all who took part!

Thanks also to all the volunteers who made the race possible - summit Marshal Brendan Delaney, marshal Richard Pontin, James Cahill for marking the forest track, car park marshals Bernard and Tommy, registration and finish - Audrey, Regina, Barry and Mags (who was also our first aid person for the day).

Please feel free to post a race report, and I hope you all enjoyed the day!
Pól Ó MurchúJun 7 2015, 7:39pmResults up now.
Mick HanneyJun 7 2015, 8:32pmReport added of a varied FRG route choice.