Irish Mountain
Running Association

Fraughen Rock Glen

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
John CondonJun 4 2014, 10:48amHi. Just to reiterate mandatory kit for this race is as follows:

Map (East-West, Harveys, OSI) of the race area & compass
Whistle
Light raincoat
Studded runners are strongly advised.
Mobile phone is also advisable.

There will be a kit check before the race.

Registration will open at 11am at the Barravore Carpark
Early start if required will be 11.30

Please note it's important to keep the river your left when climbing and to your right when descending. Failure to do so could lead you onto dangerous cliffs. The request to do so use the river as a navigation aid also serves to act as a starting corridor for Mountain Rescue.

Thanks

John CondonJun 4 2014, 2:39pmRoles for Fraughen this weekend are as follows:

First Aid
Rosalind

Race Marker
James

Summit Marshall
Kyle

Sign In/Race Numbers/Money
Ger, Brian McGuckin

Finish Marshalls
Brian Leonard, Valerie, Ger.

Can everyone try and make it down for 10.45

No more volunteers needed thanks.
Justin ReaJun 8 2014, 8:30amWatch out for Wicklow 200 bike race today when heading to event. You will either need to avoid the route or leave more time.
Richard NunanJun 8 2014, 4:13pmThanks to John, Ger, Rosalind, Tommy and the other Volunteers for the race today.

Thanks to Kyle who was summit marshall in that horrible weather !!!

Tough race up that steep climb, to be greeted by rain wind and cloud on Top of Lug

Well done to Bernard and Niamh on their wins. Looks like the Leinster Champs race Male Category will be closely contested !!
John CondonJun 8 2014, 5:55pmWell done Bernard and Niamh and all category winners today.

Big thanks to all volunteers as well.

John
Donnchadh CullinanJun 8 2014, 10:17pmThanks folks for a great race today. My first outing on an IMRA open mountain race and really loved it. Learnt a new sport from Niamh today as well - downhill bum sliding on the very steep bit. Only thing was that I managed to lose my phone in the excitement so if anyone found a Nokia Lumina on the really steep bit on the way down let me know.

Think I got credited with an early start as my time looks about 30 mins out - my garmin had me at 1:30 and I know I finished behind Niamh and Brian - who should I contact to get the results updated?

Thanks again - will try Lug again and hope see something from the top next time!!!
Kyle HeronJun 8 2014, 10:46pmFor those that are have a preference of climbing or descending, you can see your separate times in the reports section!
Richard NunanJun 8 2014, 10:50pmDonnchadh, will get that changed in the morning.