Irish Mountain
Running Association

Seefingan

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Caitlin BentJun 5 2014, 10:53amPlease add Tom Galvin as running volunteer for this event.
Angus TynerJun 27 2014, 11:04amI read we have a new route. Can the old route map be removed? Even better, replace it with new route?
Looking good, taking in 4 peaks and retaining the bogfest between Seahan, Corrig and Seefingan, though I'd say its dried up considerably during past couple weeks.
Paul O'ConnorJun 27 2014, 2:08pmIntrigured! What's the new route? I assume the 4th top can only be Seefin but can't see how that could be worked into the route. Let's hope conditions are clear this year and we get to do the full route!
Brian O MurchuJun 27 2014, 10:35pmLoop around the military range taking in 4 peaks?
Shane O'ReillyJun 30 2014, 12:36pmHi, I am wondering if this event is open to new members? Can we pay annual membership, and for this event on the day?
John J BarryJun 30 2014, 1:01pmShane,

You can join IMRA (€10 fee) and pay the race fee (€7) on the day. Try to be a little early and see the laptop operator.
Aidan HoganJun 30 2014, 1:37pmHi, would there be anyone heading to this race who would be starting from or passing through the city centre (and returning?) en route? I'll be in the Heuston Station area but could make my way to a more convenient location depending your route.
Mike WhitfieldJun 30 2014, 9:39pmHi, it would be great if someone (ideally a volunteer) could give me a lift to this race, from a DART or Luas stop or other location in the south side. I'm flexible though!
Keith MulveyJun 30 2014, 11:40pmCarpool set-up now, 1st come 1st served :)
Shane O'ReillyJul 1 2014, 11:31amI have a carpool set up. I only have space for 1 person tomorrow though, leaving from DCU area to Oldbawn via M50. If no takers, I will pop to to Aherns pub to bring someone to race start/registration.
Alan KilbrideJul 1 2014, 11:53amHi,

Does anyone know where the start point / parking for this race is. From the race description I can find....

"Registration and start will be about 1km south of the access road to the rifle range"

I've no idea where that is? I'm sure there are plenty of others in the same boat! Bonus points for a google maps link ;O)

Cheers,
Alan.
Jeff SwordsJul 1 2014, 12:54pmI'll collect my points from you the next time I see you.

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/53%C2%B013'36.5%22N+6%C2%B023'23.3%22W/@53.226737,-6.3887835,288m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0?hl=en-GB
Seán FilanJul 1 2014, 2:55pmDoes anybody know is there somewhere safe to leave bike at finish if you decide to cycle to race?
John LangenbachJul 1 2014, 4:34pmJeff: you don't get the bonus points if the google map link isn't right. That's the registration and old start location from previous years which is some distance north of the rifle range - not south, as in the description. It is not far from the finish of the race so might not be a bad place to park but I don't know what the plan is. No link from me, but I think I'll plan on driving south along that road until directed to a parking location by a friendly IMRA volunteer (possibly driving past Jeff's car, past the race finish and/or past the rifle range but hopefully not too far past the start). I can't guarantee the volunteer will be there or friendly, but the odds on both are good.
Andreas KuschJul 1 2014, 5:21pmAs John said just follow the road south from Stone Cross (map on page). The friendly or unfriendly (if he/she forget midge repellent) volunteer will guide you to the parking spot.
This link will give you a rough idea of the route: http://www.walkingroutes.ie/1412-Kilbride-Loop.html#default
Our marker Brian has a garmin link for you. The only slight variation is towards the end where we will go through the forest which has a better path. Also as there will be shooting practice in the rifle range we will not go up Seefinn but stay outside the range and out of trouble. http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/530174843
Just follow the tape. Juniors will be turned around by our marshal Ann.
Jeff SwordsJul 1 2014, 7:12pmSorry guys, I was thinking that he also wanted to take in a decent warm up first on the way to start. ;-)

Nothing to do with the fact I didn't bother looking at the details for tomorrow as I won't be able to make it anyway.
Andreas KuschJul 1 2014, 8:23pmMap up now. Better late than...
Pól Ó MurchúJul 2 2014, 10:39pm*************Provisional Results up now*************
As per normal any problems errors and/or omissions please email me pol.omurchu(at)imra.ie
john mcgregorJul 2 2014, 10:59pmThanks to the organisers for a great race. Ercus, here's that Garmin link of how not to finish tonight's run….. http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/533303156
Paul O'ConnorJul 2 2014, 11:29pmFantastic race, love the new route and it has a real sense of a mountain race about it.

Just on the results, I'm listed as finishing 132nd place with a time of 1:16 but I clocked myself at around 1:07 and know that I came in around the same time as Vivian O'Gorman (think Vivian was just ahead of me coming off Seahan, I passed a couple of people on the last part of the descent and I think I came in behind Kevin Lynchehaun). I'm number 2044. Might have a look when you get a chance please. I'll email Pol anyway. Edit: On looking at the results, I have the same time as Mark Gunning (1:16:59), looks like there is a 1 in there where it shouldn't be (1:06:59) if that makes any sense.
Ken CowleyJul 3 2014, 9:21amThanks to everyone who helped and showed concern after my fall last night, especially Niamh Garvey Des Kennedy who got me to hospital and got my car back to my house also, and Jason for driving us back to Ahernes. And to John Kelly who has stepped in to the breach to RD my race on Sunday. I have a dislocated shoulder which the excellent staff in James' hospital popped back in (with the help of some morphine anaesthetic and oxygen!) I'll be in a sling for 6 weeks and rehab after that.
John Kelly71Jul 3 2014, 11:39amHi guys
I still need a laptop operator and a first aid volunteer for Sundays race.
Stuart ScottJul 3 2014, 11:46amGreat race last night, highly enjoyable! Congrats to the route designer, hopefully it could be retained in future years. Well done and thanks to Andreas and all the other helpers.

Glad to hear you're on the mend Ken and best of the luck with the recovery.
James HigginsJul 3 2014, 1:36pmCongrtas to Vivian O'Gorman who reached his 3rd century of races last night.