Irish Mountain
Running Association

Howth Summer

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Jean O'NeillApr 23 2014, 3:25pmI volunteer for this event. Hopefully a running volunteer.
John LanganApr 24 2014, 1:30pmMessage re: first aid supplies

After the Bray run, the kit needs to be restocked with;

15x sterile wipes
1x crepe bandage
1x wound dressing (4 inch x 4 inch)
6x pairs of gloves

Hope this is the right place to put this message. Couldn't find contact details for the race director or first aid officer on the site.
Kieran CrowleyApr 24 2014, 3:00pmThanks Jean.

Thanks John I will follow this up.

I need more volunteers for this race to go ahead.
Kieran CrowleyApr 24 2014, 3:04pmThanks Jean.

Thanks John I will follow this up.

I need more volunteers for this race to go ahead.
Jean O'NeillApr 24 2014, 9:23pmI can now be a non-running volunteer- I fell last night on the Bray run and am not allowed run for a couple of weeks. My knee is badly cut. Its probably thanks to me that the First Aid supplies need topping up!
Brian GavinApr 25 2014, 12:26amHi, where is registration for this race - is it the GAA Club House similar to the prizegiving location or is it somewhere else? Thanks
Kieran CrowleyApr 25 2014, 9:13amBrian It is unlikely that this race will go ahead, as at present there are just 9 volunteers
Richard NunanApr 25 2014, 9:18amHi Brian,

Registration and Prize giving will be in the club house.

We need a few running volunteers.

This isn't ever a problem, so the race will be going ahead.
Roger TegartApr 25 2014, 8:15pmIs registration on line for this race or on the night?
Kieran CrowleyApr 26 2014, 3:34pmYou may purchase a race voucher card which is valid for 10 race entries. (Usual race fees are €7 per race)
Race vouchers are valid for Leinster League, Leinster Championship, Irish Championship, Winter League, Spring League, Trail League, and Navigation Challenge races.

You can reg on night for this race cost 7 euro..
Mark O ReganApr 28 2014, 12:05pmHi, what's the name of the club house where we register? Thanks
Kieran CrowleyApr 28 2014, 2:54pmGaa Club House http://www.beanneadair.net/

Deirdre Flynn-McGrathApr 28 2014, 6:13pmHi, will there be an early start on this race? Thank you, Dee
Deirdre Flynn-McGrathApr 28 2014, 6:13pmHi, will there be an early start on this race? Thank you, Dee
Jean O'NeillApr 28 2014, 6:15pmKieran I wrote a few days ago that I could now be a non-running volunteer,(as opposed to running) I didn't get a reply, and my name is not on the volunteer list. I am available OK.
Kieran CrowleyApr 28 2014, 6:42pmI could do with 4 or 5 more volunteers I would be grateful if you could all be at the GAA Club between 5.45 and 6pm. I have nominated Paraic Gallagher as Summit Marshall if you can confirm that you are ok with that Paraic and that you can arrange to collect the flags and tape and head out early. Would you be able to de-mark as well once the last runner has turned?

I have allocated the following roles to the other volunteers and you might let me know if you have any issues:

- Summit Marshall and remarking course: Paraic Gallagher.
- Midway Marshall: Tim Chapman
- Junior Turnaround marshall: Kate Cronin.
- Collecting money: Gerard Madden, Louis Mullee, Sean Filan.
- Finish Chute: Deirdre Bohar, Jean O'Neill, Shay Foody.
- Collecting and sorting numbers: Gerard Madden, Louis Mullee, Sean Filan
- Parking: need 2 volunteers

The GAA have said that there will be a match on in the pitch on Wednesday evening, only half of parking area will be available to imra, so parking will be extremely limited, no one person cars will be allowed access.

Please carpool from the public carparks available on the Sea Front/Summit Inn pub of which there are plenty.

Those driving can you please stop at Howth dart station & pick up people going to the race.
Kieran CrowleyApr 28 2014, 6:58pmI could do with 4 or 5 more volunteers I would be grateful if you could all be at the GAA Club between 5.45 and 6pm. I have nominated Paraic Gallagher as Summit Marshall if you can confirm that you are ok with that Paraic and that you can arrange to collect the flags and tape and head out early. Would you be able to de-mark as well once the last runner has turned?

I have allocated the following roles to the other volunteers and you might let me know if you have any issues:

- Summit Marshall and remarking course: Paraic Gallagher.
- Midway Marshall: Tim Chapman
- Junior Turnaround marshall: Kate Cronin.
- Collecting money: Gerard Madden, Louis Mullee, Sean Filan.
- Finish Chute: Deirdre Bohar, Jean O'Neill, Shay Foody.
- Collecting and sorting numbers: Gerard Madden, Louis Mullee, Sean Filan
- Parking: need 2 volunteers

The GAA have said that there will be a match on in the pitch on Wednesday evening, only half of parking area will be available to imra, so parking will be extremely limited, no one person cars will be allowed access.

Please carpool from the public carparks available on the Sea Front/Summit Inn pub of which there are plenty.

Those driving can you please stop at Howth dart station & pick up people going to the race.
Tim ChapmanApr 28 2014, 7:07pmHappy with the role. I'll be there at 6.

Tim
Kieran CrowleyApr 28 2014, 7:58pmSorry Deirdre, this is a short race & therefore there will be no early start.
Christina NashApr 29 2014, 11:47amHi I would be grateful if someone could come by Howth station to pick me up. Just let me know what time I should be there by. Thanks. Christina
Ronan HickeyApr 29 2014, 11:59amIt's not actually that far from the DART station. It's a 1.6K walk. Handy enough to stretch the legs a little before a race after sitting on a DART out from town!

https://www.google.ie/maps/dir/Howth+Dart+Station,+Howth+Rd,+Howth,+Co.+Dublin/53.3788028,-6.0655833/@53.3842475,-6.0763196,15z/data=!4m19!4m18!1m15!1m1!1s0x486704bde083a7bd:0x5308c8b08b897415!2m2!1d-6.0742243!2d53.3889609!3m4!1m2!1d-6.0668431!2d53.3872447!3s0x48670497f5ec348d:0xca1a292a7eda2544!3m4!1m2!1d-6.0664001!2d53.3821865!3s0x48670490af68a957:0xf48fe5e39a65f87e!1m0!3e2

People can also park down towards the end of the promenade and walk up if parking is limited that would be even closer.

Or of course you could cycle to it, but that's for the hardcore lunatics!

Ro

Bronagh CheethamApr 29 2014, 12:47pm**CAR POOL**. getting an error when trying to put up a carpool so I'll post here in meantime.
Leaving from Templeogue - Bushy Park 5.40pm, 4 spaces available.
contact me on 0874191511, not returning to same point though (returning via M50 and onto N81)
Ruairí ShortApr 29 2014, 2:06pmHi,

Would there be any chance of a lift from the Howth DART station for Regina Kelly and me if we were there at 17:52 so that we could be there for 6 for registration?

Thanks,
Ruairi
Roger TegartApr 29 2014, 2:29pmrace doesn't start until 7.30 so 6pm is a little early for me. I will be passing the station at about 6.30 if that suits. still plenty of time.
Dermot MurphyApr 29 2014, 2:49pmRoger, Ruairi is down as a volunteer, so that's why he wants to be there for 6. Later wont be much help.
I guess if any of the other volunteers are passing at this time, that could collect Ruairi?
Daithi O MurchuApr 29 2014, 9:04pmI will be coming from Adamstown, Lucan to Howth if anyone would like a lift...0879240180 Daithi
Bren SheridanApr 30 2014, 7:18amHi. Is the GAA club house where registration is being held the same one used for the Howth Winter event? Thanks!
Declan O'DwyerApr 30 2014, 9:44amFor anyone using the dart this evening.

Facing the dart station is a path that follows the old tram line up the hill. The top of the path comes out onto the open hill at the GAA club. It is part of the walking routes that surround Howth and probably have arrow markings on it. The total distance from the dart station is probably 1km.
Paul CampbellApr 30 2014, 11:19amThe path from the DART station that Declan is referring to is marked by the Purple arrows (Bog of Frogs trail). I'll be leaving Ringsend around six and heading over the east link and out the coast road if anyone wants a lift from that direction.
Damian CroninApr 30 2014, 10:34pmWell done to all involved in organising and running this evenings race. Really enjoyed it.
I don't appear on the results. I think I finished around 12th. I suspect you might have taken my number down wrong. My number is 1517 and 12th has been awarded to number 1514.
Thanks
Brian LeonardApr 30 2014, 11:27pmSorry, but am missing from the results too. The Garmin had 47:33 and I was pretty sure I heard my number being called out correctly as I finished so hopefully you have a record. Thanks.
Pól Ó MurchúMay 1 2014, 12:56amThat's fixed now Brian & Damian. Any further problems please let me know.
Jim FitzharrisMay 1 2014, 11:21amHi all,

I am slowly returning to running following a long layoff due to injury.

Last night was my first IMRA event since Derrybawn trail in August 2013! Common sense does come with age because I elected for the short course to be on the safe side.

Many thanks to Kieran and his able corps of volunteers for a customary well-organised event.

Thanks also to Brendan & Gavan Doherty for kindly waiting for me so that I could carpool with them. As a former parking Reichsmarschall at this event, there was no way I could arrive in a car with less than 4 people!

Disappointing that for the second Howth event in succession, we did not have access to the clubhouse – one of the great benefits of this location. Are we personae non grata? Or are we just slow to take a hint?

At the risk of sounding churlish, I would not be a big fan of this revised route. Would it not be better to stick with the winter route which has a slightly longer second section but only one lap thereof?

It is a bit early in the year to have races that take over an hour for many participants bearing in mind fading light, etc.

Cheers,

Jim.

Damian CroninMay 3 2014, 8:45amHi Pol, I am fairly sure I finished behind Brian in 12th.
Thanks