Irish Mountain
Running Association

Trooperstown Hill

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Zoran SkrbaJun 27 2013, 9:31amPaul, please add Mike Gomm as a vlunteer. Thanks Z.
David Kelly70Jun 28 2013, 7:21am
Hi

I just volunteered for this race. I put myself down as shadow laptop operator as I know there is a shortage of LO's.

I have never used the IMRA laptop before - I am not sure if I need training before doing shadow. Can anyone advise.

If necessary, I can change to a different role.

Thanks,

Dave.

Daniela BoehmJun 28 2013, 8:46amHi Dave,
I'm laptop operator for Trooperstown. The idea is that the LO shows the shadow LO how the role works at the race. So no, you don't need any instruction beforehand:)
Cu next Wed, Daniela
David Kelly70Jun 28 2013, 9:28amThanks Daniela,

What time do I need to be there?

Dave.
Julie HarkinJul 1 2013, 2:26pmAre you looking for any more non-running volunteers? I just put my name down in case you are.
Alan AylingJul 2 2013, 12:18amShould be an up-to-date map and route description up shortly. Revised route, a lot less fire road this time, a little shorter but perhaps a bit tougher than before.
Aidan HoganJul 2 2013, 9:24amHi folks,

just wondering if anyone is heading to Trooperstown from the City Centre and has a spare seat in the car?

Aidan
James HigginsJul 2 2013, 10:25amPaul,

I'm injured if you can do with a non-runner. - James
John J BarryJul 2 2013, 10:36amAidan,

I'm leaving from Blackrock Business Park (Carlsfort Ave) about 5:30 if it's any use to you or anybody else.

Please note return journey is to Ballinteer / Dundrum.

oh 8 7 6 oh 58 oh 95

Alan AylingJul 2 2013, 12:54pmRevised route description is now on the events page; map has not yet been updated, so if you see a map of the old course with a the loop route marked in orange it's wrong!
Alan AylingJul 2 2013, 10:35pmCorrect map is now up.
Daniela BoehmJul 3 2013, 11:21amHi, what time do you want volunteers to be there at? I'm collecting the laptop from Melanie and aiming to be at Trooperstown for 6 but you never know with traffic... Would any of the other volunteers like a lift from Dublin? Leaving from Ranelagh (4.40) and passing through Firhouse (about 5pm). Daniela (zero 86 two 01six784)
David Kelly70Jul 3 2013, 12:48pmDaniela,

I am carpooling and I was aiming to leave Dublin at 5.45 to be at Trooperstown at ~6.30pm. I hoped that would be plenty of time?

Dave.
Paul MahonJul 3 2013, 1:15pmAll volunteers should be at Trooperstown by 6 preferably or 6.15 at latest.

Please car pool from Roundwood thanks
Eamonn O'NeillJul 3 2013, 1:58pmMy Car is fully booked for tonight's race but I didn't receive a notificiation from one person. I have Ciaran, Ken and Aidan. If you are the other person, please contact me. Thanks 087 - 6712950

Eamonn O'Neill
Dermot MurphyJul 3 2013, 10:43pmMany thanks to Paul and crew for putting on great race tonight at Trooperstown - we had a lovely evening for it. Really liked the new route devised by Alan - great route!
Pól Ó MurchúJul 4 2013, 1:17amThanks Mick for helping patch me up this evening and to all the other runners who offered assistance when I fell. Great race too and didn't do too bad considering the fall.
Eva FairmanerJul 4 2013, 9:33amI too really enjoyed the course last night - whilst testing (and that wasn't just because of the heat and those damn flies) it was thoroughly enjoyable. Well done Paul Mahon and crew and a special thanks to Alan Ayling for his race design and words of "encouragement" at the turning point!
Richard NunanJul 4 2013, 5:56pmYes, to echo the above, Well Done to Paul, Alan and Crew last night.

Great race, route and visibility (for a change) weather is looking great now for

Sundays Race!!!

Once we get a Race Director on board, should be anther Classic!!
Mick HanneyJul 4 2013, 7:04pmA great route proposal by Alan and well organised by Paul. Hope your scratches are healing up Pol!

Can we get a proper race report up and remove the eh car booking detail from the race report slot?
Ger PowerJul 8 2013, 2:30pmHi

I am listed as having done the short course but I did the long one can this please be amended thanks.

Ger
Aideen KeenanJul 10 2013, 12:39pmA friend of mine - Lorraine Bergin - joined IMRA the evening of the Trooperstown Hill race (she filled out a form on site and got a number) and ran with the early starters but isn't in the results. I'm afraid I don't know her number. Can you look into this, cheers!
Rene BorgAug 10 2013, 9:37pmTeam results are up.