Irish Mountain
Running Association

Dublin Mountain High

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
John McGregorJun 20 2013, 11:17pmEntered DMP last year using runireland.ie. Can't seem to find a link to it this year. Google not helping me either. Any ideas? Thanks, John
Justin ReaJun 27 2013, 1:18pm@JohnMcGregor. There is a 'PURCHASE PLOD ENTRY' option when in MyIMRA. So this must be the plan for this year.

Although without a RD or other vital volunteers, this event still has a way to go.
Richard NunanJun 27 2013, 9:42pmHi Folks,

Dublin Mountain Plod available now available online. (We put this live last-night after the great Kippure Race)

Please note the change of Date for this race is now the 18th of August.

This is IMRA's opportunity to provide some payback to the Dublin Mountains Partnership who play a major role in improving the recreational experience for users of the Dublin Mountains.

So if you feel like helping out Volunteers are required to help with this race.
Richard NunanJun 27 2013, 9:44pmJohn, you need to sign up and be an IMRA member to Purchase the Dublin Plod Entry.

Slawomir LedwonJun 27 2013, 10:42pmHi everyone,

I must say I am totally disappointed to hear that the race date is changed. I will be visiting Dublin for a conference 15-19 July and even have booked my flight and hotel a day earlier to make it for the Sunday 14th and run...

I this case - would anyone like to run this route just for fun anyway on Sunday 14 July?? 5:15-5:30 min/km pace seems reasonable for me.

What do you say?

Best,
Slawek
Anthony AlexanderJul 1 2013, 2:32pmHi Slawomir,

I might be free that day for the run. Send me an SMS, and I'll confirm closer to the date: +353860210069 or am_alexander (at) yahoo (dot) com.

Regards,
Anthony
Slawomir LedwonJul 3 2013, 11:34pmDear Anthony,

Thanks so much for the reply and willingness to run with me. I will get in touch with you closer to the date. Maybe anyone else wishes to join?

This seems to be a wonderful route. Can't wait to see it!

Greetings from Poland,
Slawek
Lukasz KrzeminskiJul 7 2013, 11:17pmhey there,
i think i can join. pace seems ok. mail me 2 days before so i can confirm. lukasz2000@gmx.de. cheers
Paul MurphyJul 10 2013, 12:58pmHi, Just see this has moved dates. Is it possible to post date changes on the NEWS page so that people can get as much notice as possible. I had delayed my holidays for this race and just see that that the date moved today, when I went to check race details. Very Annoying.
Thanks
Paul
Slawomir LedwonJul 11 2013, 9:18pmDear Anthony and Lukasz,

Thanks so much for the will to run together. I have sent you an email with the details.

Hope to see you Sunday!

Best,
Slawek
Paul O'GradyJul 12 2013, 2:13pmRichard - I put myself in as First Aid on this, but I can do any non-running job that you need.
Paul O'GradyJul 12 2013, 2:13pmExcept Laptop!!!
Slawomir LedwonJul 14 2013, 2:31pmDear Anthony, Lukasz and Pawel,

Thanks so much for the run today. We had some good time together. The DMP course is beautiful. Good luck with the race!

Best,
Slawek
Richard NunanJul 14 2013, 8:45pmThanks Paul!! Laptop Operator is good for me.
Stephen BailieAug 12 2013, 9:12pmCan you enter plod on the morning or must you pay on line
Richard NunanAug 13 2013, 9:42amYou can hit the Register button online to pay online.

You will also be able to Pay on the morning between 9:00 and 10:00am
Jan SaundersAug 16 2013, 5:51amHi jan the Aussie tourist here... I paid my 10€ insurance the other night at glen of the downs, would this enable me to enter? Sounds like (errr kinda) fun in a lovely area I haven't seen yet... :)
May I enter on the morning if so? Need to test my ankle with a run this morning! Ps is there bog? I still can't tell what's bog until I'm in it : D
Anthony AlexanderAug 16 2013, 10:02am@Jan: there is no bog in the DMP race. The entire course is on well-maintained trails, with ~5km of road. Depending on the rain, it may be a little muddy in places, but not for long distance.

@All: what is the new route within Marlay Park? Due to recent construction, the trail behind the adventure playground is now blocked. Is the course still an accurate half marathon, or will it be a little shorter this year?
Oran MurphyAug 16 2013, 12:33pmSeems a shame that this race doesn't go up to two rock and back along the ridge the same way as the tibradden summer route- The views on the descent from two rock across Dublin can be stunning(weather permitting!.Would also add a bit more climbing and get it closer to the 820 of advertised climb!
Bren Sheridan Aug 17 2013, 12:16pmHi

Could you please let me know is there a bag drop for this event?

Thanks

Bren
Julie HarkinAug 17 2013, 12:27pmAre there any more volunteers needed? Plans changed last minute.
Jim FitzharrisAug 17 2013, 2:55pmJulie,

Extra volunteers always welcome! Running or non-running (hopefully the latter!) ?

What is your availability time-wise and have you transport? The race starts at 10:30 and, if possible, helpers are needed from around 08:45 onwards although any assistance is always gratefully received if someone can only come later.

The rendezvous point is the central car park in Marlay accessed from the top gate.

Cheers,

Jim.
Richard NunanAug 17 2013, 3:15pmThere isnt a Drop nag for this event.

1 or 2 Volunteers more would still be great !!
Julie HarkinAug 17 2013, 5:10pmJim,

Transport isn't a problem as I live the far side of the park. Yep, I signed up as a non-running helper and can be there at 8:45 no problem!

Thanks
Julie
Gerard CunninghamAug 17 2013, 8:43pmJim, Richard

I can also be there as a non running volunteer for 8:45. I can help out with registration and/or marshalling anywhere in early stages but will need to leave about midday. And if I'm surplus to requirements at this stage that's fine too
Richard NunanAug 17 2013, 10:59pmHi Gerard,

Happy to have you as a volunteer, see you in the morning. Thanks

Paul O'GradyAug 18 2013, 8:30amDue to the problems with the IMRA website I never received an email giving me details of the person looking to carpool to today's race. Can that person call me on 086 2900827 and I will go and get them. Hopefully they will get this message.
Richard NunanAug 18 2013, 3:29pmI would like to thank Jim Fitzharris and Mark Dalton(DMP) for their part in relation to organising this years "Dublin Mountain High"

Thanks to all the volunteers who gave up their time to help out in this race whose proceeds go to helping DMP.

Finally thanks to Basecamp for donating the prizes and giving each participant a 10euro Voucher.

James H CahillAug 18 2013, 3:52pmThank you Richard and all the volunteers for today's race, a very enjoyable excursion into the hills
Eoin FeganAug 18 2013, 6:49pmI just wanted to say a big thank you to all at IMRA and today's volunteers for this great event. It was well organised, good value and took us through a really great route. What more could you ask for in a race!?
Kevin Byrne53Aug 18 2013, 8:34pmThanks to all the volunteers for today. A great job and a great excursion! It's terrific to get back after a few years absence from IMRA.
Kevin
Donal McKiernanAug 18 2013, 8:52pmThanks to everyone involved today for a great and enjoyable event.
James HigginsAug 18 2013, 10:23pmWell done to Richard, Jim and all who helped out this morning. It cannot have been easy co-coordinating all of the things, Gardai, marking a long route etc. that are needed for this race.
Kieran CrowleyAug 19 2013, 9:28amThanks to everyone involved today for a great race.
Stephen BailieAug 19 2013, 4:12pmHi Guys, any chance of posting yesterdays results please.
Well done on a great event.
Steve
Jim FitzharrisAug 19 2013, 9:43pmSteve,

Apologies for the delay.

On this occasion, the situation IS in my hands.

I have done some clean up work on the results and will send them to the IMRA techies tomorrow morning as I do not have the ability to upload the results to the website myself.

I have no doubt that when the results are posted, there will still be some inconsistencies and errors so people should review the results carefully and post any corrections on the Forum.

Cheers,

Jim.
Kevin Byrne53Aug 21 2013, 10:48pmAppreciating all the voluntary effort needed, what is latest on the results for this event? Will they be published?
Thanks
Kevin
Jim FitzharrisAug 22 2013, 11:09amHi Kevin,

As indicated in my reply to Lorna on the Derrybawn results, I finally sent the amended results for this event to the IMRA webmaster on Tuesday afternoon. I presume he will upload them ASAP.

I have neither the technical ability nor the access rights to allow me to do this.

Cheers,

Jim.

Kevin O'RiordanAug 24 2013, 9:32pmResults for Deadly Mountain Buzz are up now.