Irish Mountain
Running Association

Glasnamullen and an anti-clockwise lap of Djouce

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Brendan LawlorApr 26 2013, 11:49amAs is often the case at IMRA races, car parking is limited for this event. Please car pool if possible either from town or from the prizegiving pub (Coach House in Roundwood).

We have secured parking in a field across the road from the race start for which a small charge will be made in inverse proportion to number in the car -> more people = lower charge :-)!

All monies collected will be donated to a charity (Wicklow Hospice) as per the landowners choice.

To encourage and reward car pooling we will charge as follows- charge per car :-)
Cars with 1 person = €5
Cars with 2 people = €4
Cars with 3 people = €3
Cars with 4 or more = €2

No parking permitted on the general roadside as the road is too narrow Please park following the marshals' instructions.

Could the webmaster please post this notice to the race instructions
Brendan LawlorMay 9 2013, 1:12pmStill looking for a laptop operator and a few more volunteers (non running) for Glasnamullan - Ta
Donal TroddynMay 16 2013, 1:15amHi, Brendan, I'm happy to do the Laptop next week, but I think I'll need a lift up to the race from the Dublin, if any of the volunteers will be heading to the race from or through anywhere near Blackrock.

I have the laptop and printer.

Thanks,
Dónal
Pól Ó MurchúMay 16 2013, 1:46amDonal, Happy to do laptop if you want to run.
Kieran RocksMay 16 2013, 8:25amSince it's going to charity and the field, if the same one, had lots of remaining space last year, how about a simple €5 or whatever per car rather than any inverse proportion? It would still encourage car pooling, give more to charity, and maybe mean that pub staff could access their car park unlike last year.
Justin O'KeeffeMay 16 2013, 9:55amHave to agree with Brendan on this.

Based on my experience last night of waiting for 15 minutes at the pub in Kilmac with no other runners or cars passing by....it looks like folks need to be reminded to car pool from a designated location. We got luck with Crone due to the size of the car park but many of the subsequent race locations will not be as forgiving
Donal TroddynMay 16 2013, 10:17amPól, I'll take you up on that offer, thanks! I've unvolunteered.
Brendan LawlorMay 20 2013, 8:29amMINOR ROUTE CHANGE

Despite some gardening work by Paul Mahon (Thank you Paul)and myself, the route up through the forest has a few pinch points so we will start proceedings with a lap of the parking field to spread everyone out

EARLY START

Early start will be available at 7pm, ONLY for people who expect to have a finishing time greater than 170% of winning time

CARPOOLING

As ever single occupancy cars are discouraged so please save yourself some money by sharing a lift from Dublin, Glencormac Inn or Roundwood. See Carparking arrangements earlier in the thread and on Organisers Instructions

VOLUNTEERS

I could do with 1 or 2 more volunteers (if available) and can all volunteers be at registration by 6pm if possible. Duties will be handed out on the night

GENERAL

No headphones, please wear your number on the front of your shirt and if you miss registration don't run through the finish line
Brendan LawlorMay 20 2013, 2:23pmI am ok for volunteers for this race now, thanks - plenty of other slots free in the coming weeks
Stuart ScottMay 20 2013, 5:26pmHi all,

I'm still looking for some more volunteers for the Wicklow Way Relay on Saturday (https://www.imra.ie/events/view/id/1037/), particularly at Curtlestown, Lough Tay, Drumgoff, Crossbridge and the Finish Line. You will not need to hang around for the day, though you are more than welcome to. Remember, volunteering will count towards your Leinster League requirement and rumour has it this year's prize will be worth waiting for...

Many thanks (and sorry for hijacking the thread Brendan!),

Stuart.
Robert CostelloMay 21 2013, 3:49pmHi Brendan,

I'm a non running volunteer at the race tomorrow. Can you let me know what duties you have allocated for me? I'm carpooling so will be there around 6.30pm. robbicosta at g mail dot com.

Cheers,
Rob
Jill WalkerMay 21 2013, 7:19pmI am car pooling on the way. Do you have directions to the start? Thanks.
David RouseMay 21 2013, 10:45pmTwo seats available from Donnybrook Church @6pm.

Email daverouse at gmail dot com.
Aisling CorkeryMay 22 2013, 8:46amHi,
Just wondering if anyone has space free in their car and would be able to pick me up from Enniskerry on the way to Glasnamullen this evening.

Thanks Aisling
colin doyleMay 22 2013, 9:00amHi Aisling, I'll be going through Enniskerry later if you want a lift to the start, 0863445554
James H CahillMay 22 2013, 11:05amMy car is on the carpool for this evening, the two seats that were taken are now available again, and I cannot seem to find away to alter on the carpool. I can pick up from Greystones / Greystones Dart / Glenview Hotel / Glencormac Inn Kilmacanogue if anyone wants to car pool, just let me know
James HigginsMay 22 2013, 11:38amHi,

I have just put my name up on the carpool. If anyone wants to join me don't use the e-mail address on the system but use james dot pdot higgins at aib.ie or text me at 086-32six3139.
Aisling CorkeryMay 22 2013, 11:59amThanks Colin, I've just sent you a message.
Aisling
Eamonn HodgeMay 22 2013, 12:09pmNot sure if the carpool functionality worked.

I have one space in my car going from Jervis street out the N4. Not coming back into town.
Brendan LawlorMay 22 2013, 1:41pmTwo last minute volunteer drop outs so if anyone extra can help tonight it would be great - see me at Glasnamullan
Eamonn HodgeMay 22 2013, 2:35pmKyle has taken the seat. :)
Peter BellMay 22 2013, 3:30pmIll do non running volunteer if u need.
Brian SugrueMay 22 2013, 3:37pmIs anyone car pooling from roundwood?
A.T. KellyMay 22 2013, 4:08pmI plan on stopping in the Coach House in Roundwood Brian at about 6.30, so might be able to meet there? oh8seven 91six27two8.
Brendan LawlorMay 22 2013, 4:38pmThanks Peter See you later
Laura FlynnMay 22 2013, 4:45pmThe two people I was giving lift to are not coming now so I have a free spot or two travelling from Terenure at 6.30 - call me on 087 7420795
Joe FitzpatrickMay 22 2013, 11:12pmHi Brendan

Im showing as 96th finisher - Id love to claim that finishing position - but I was on the early start - so race number 58 should be much further down the result sheet.
Richard KieranMay 22 2013, 11:46pmThanks Brendan and all the volunteers for a great race, everything ran like clockwork!
Pól Ó MurchúMay 23 2013, 8:07amThanks Joe, some people were not captured on the early start list either they hadn't ticked the box on the sign in sheet or numbers not taken at start so there will be some errors. Add 27 minutes to your time for a correct time. There were also some people who ran with the wrong number some of these were sorted either because I knew the person or it was spotted elsewhere. Please ensure you write your name on the back of the number when you get it and check at each race. There were also a few new runners given the wrong numbers and this was my fault but will hopefully be amended today.
Brendan LawlorMay 23 2013, 8:26amMany thanks to all our volunteers last night, in particular the route marshals (Hilary and Aidan), the first aid lads (Colin and Brian who saw a bit of action), our route marker (Mike, who also ran the race and went back out for the injured runner) and of course the overworked and much put upon laptop supremo (Pol).

Also big thanks to my wingman Deputy, Justin who was a great help and learned the ropes well – Scarr, Brockagh or Sugarloaf Justin??

Thanks as always to Peter and Lucy Molloy for the use of the field. I’ll report the amount of the Wicklow Hospice donation later but I think this carparking/carpooling system approach is the way to go.

Apologies for the few results errors in the pub – Paul Mahon will never spare your blushes when denied whats rightfully his ! :)I have vouchers for a few more also.

Lets see volunteers coming forward in the coming weeks – race directing is not as hard as imagined and there’s lots of other jobs also – many hands make race organising easy. Lets avoid the '40 plus volunteers at Sugarloaf' scenario if we can - spread the love ! See you all at Carrig.
Maike JürgensMay 23 2013, 8:35amThanks to everyone who paid more than the required amount for the carpark. Most people were very generous. Also, thanks to everyone who had the correct change - it made money collection a lot easier.
Brendan LawlorMay 23 2013, 10:15amWe raised €378 for the Wicklow Hospice from last nights carparking - thank you all very much

The Wicklow Hospice Foundation is a non-profit organisation that was set up by the people of Wicklow, for the people of Wicklow, to promote and campaign for the right of every person to choose and decide where they wish to spend their last days. Their Vision is to have a full seven day palliative care service and a purpose built level three Hospice in County Wicklow.

Visit The Wickow Hospice Foundation at www.wicklowhospice.ie
Warren SwordsMay 23 2013, 10:24amGreat race. Super organisation from the car parking to having the results to read over a cup of tea last night. Thanks to all and to Aiden Blighe for the excellent pics.

That descent is brilliant. Full on from the trig point to the barrier. Looks like Bernard Fortune has a great downhill (again) judging by the pics.
First AidMay 23 2013, 11:00amNicola rolled her ankle on the descent last night. X-ray confirmed nothing broken only tissue damage. A lighter wallet and 2 crutches later she is hobbling around and will be fine after a couple of days R.I.C.E. Thanks (from Nicola) to all who helped her descend last night. Only names I can remember were Colin and Brian but there were more.
Mike JordanMay 23 2013, 11:16amGood to know Nicola didn't suffer to much damage. I'm going to name and shame James Cahill and John Moore (if I'm wrong apologies!) for giving up their races to help a fellow runner in need. It's that sort of sense of community that makes IMRA great. Fair play lads!
Stuart WallaceMay 23 2013, 1:21pmWas my first IMRA race last night and loved every second. Looking forward to next week already. Thanks to all involved in the organisation of it. Very well put together.
I probably did something wrong as I ran with #1046 but in the results that's showing as a female runner Elizabeth McCarthy?
Pól Ó MurchúMay 23 2013, 2:15pmHey Stuart, that's my mistake. I had a pile of new numbers and some were already registered to other runners. I've asked Melanie to have a look at this and we'll either have to change your number or the other runner...alternatively if you could just change your name to Elizabeth that'd make things easier. Glad you enjoyed it and apologies for the error.
Rene BorgAug 2 2013, 9:50pmTeam results are up.