Irish Mountain
Running Association

Tibradden

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Brian O MurchuMay 2 2013, 12:17amCould I ask Anthony O'Reilly to contact myself so I can include you in volunteers email for this race: murchubrian at gmail dot com

Also for race entrants, when I was at Tibradden I counted 54 carparking spots, and I note there was over 200 entrants for the previous 2 Leinster League races. Therefore, I would encourage carpooling as much as possible as we are going to have to turn away single occupancy cars. Please do not park on the public road. Further, this is a handy one to cycle to from Dublin (I will be one of those commuting via bicycle!)
Colum McKeownMay 2 2013, 9:31amHi Brian,

Hi Brian,

I can volunteer as running volunteer for Tibradden if you still need people.

Thanks

Colum
Ger LawlorMay 2 2013, 12:41pmHi Brian,

I can do running volunteer also if required
Brian O MurchuMay 2 2013, 1:47pmThanks to everyone who has volunteered so far (and offers from more). I have sufficient volunteers for now, although I do seek a laptop operator. If anyone wants to be shadow laptop, please sign up!
Aidan O'DonoghueMay 2 2013, 1:59pmHi do people tend to bring water with them when running a race of this length?
Aidan O'DonoghueMay 2 2013, 2:03pmHi do people tend to bring water with them when running a race of this length?
John J BarryMay 2 2013, 4:15pmAidan,

It's your call regarding water but you would be in a very small minority in bringing/requiring water.

Making sure your well hydrodated beforehand should suffice..

Aidan O'DonoghueMay 2 2013, 5:14pmOkay thanks John.
Paul O'GradyMay 2 2013, 5:58pmHi John

I have a similar issue. Whether or not I need the liquid is irrelevant - it's usually a comfort thing.

What I do is carry a high 5 isotonic gel (isogel). These gels are 60 mls as opposed to the usual 30mls - therefore you don't need additional water. 60 mls is about 2 mouthfuls - which is enough to get you through. The pouch fits into the pocket or the gel loop on my shorts. If I don't need it then I don't take it

It's basically like carrying a pouch of lucosade sport with you.

Paul
Aidan O'DonoghueMay 2 2013, 7:04pmOkay thanks John.
Aidan O'DonoghueMay 2 2013, 7:04pmOkay thanks John.
Aidan O'DonoghueMay 2 2013, 7:06pmSorry for the double and triple posting, I refreshed the page and then the posts were duplicated.
Brian O MurchuMay 3 2013, 12:46pmPutting the call out for one more non-running helper and a laptop operator!
Stephen WatersMay 4 2013, 8:09pmHi Brian,have put my name down as non running helper.
stephenjcwaters at gmail dot com
Brian O MurchuMay 4 2013, 9:29pmThanks Stephen. Still requiring a laptop operator
Brian O MurchuMay 5 2013, 12:46pm
All volunteering roles filled with the exception of a laptop operator, thanks to all who have put their name forward to date
Martin BagnallMay 5 2013, 7:23pmHi Brian,

I'm available to do the laptop operator role.

Cheers,
Martin
Brian O MurchuMay 5 2013, 8:36pmAnyone who is registering online, please bring email receipt (viewing receipt on smart phone is also acceptable).

There will be an early start at 7pm for those whose averages are above 170%. Please do not use the early start if you are likely to return before the main race as the volunteers require time to update the laptop.

I would ask all entrants to carpool as much as you can as single occupancy cars will have to be turned away. Please do not park on the public road. I will note this is a handy one to bike from the city.

Prize giving at Buglers Pub, Ballyboden. Buglers is on the 15B bus route out from town.

All volunteer roles are now filled, thanks to those who have put their name forward.
David RouseMay 8 2013, 11:26am2 available places in car, dep. Ranelagh Triangle @6.

Email- daverouse at gmail dot com.
Laura SchwirzMay 8 2013, 12:36pmJust wondering if anyone's driving to the race tonight, passing by the N11? I could cycle out to UCD and meet there at 6pm?

Thanks,
Laura
David RouseMay 8 2013, 1:29pm2 spaces now filled.
Elizabeth WheelerMay 8 2013, 2:14pmLaura,
I am driving out N11 from town so can pick you up at UCD flyover no problem. My telephone is 086 7948052 or email on elizabeth.r.wheeler@gmail.com...
Elizabeth
Derek KellettMay 8 2013, 3:54pmHeading over from Ashbourne via the M50, have a seat free if anybody needs a lift.

087 1466292
John J BarryMay 8 2013, 10:16pmWell done to Brian and crew to a very well run event.
I noticed the laptop operator was taking that difficult role in his stride
A speedy recovery to the Tibradden casualties.

Tibradden gives us a great run but it seeks payment!!!
Brian O MurchuMay 9 2013, 12:12amA big thanks to everyone taking part and helping out, results are expected to go up in a day or two. Any errors or omissions please post here and we will try to resolve it.
Gloria DykstraMay 9 2013, 10:15amThis was my first IMRA race (did this route 1 other time). I was so impressed with all the volunteers who remained kind, and calm, despite the chaos at the beginning. And a big thank you to the first aid volunteers who helped clean my wounds after the race. First IMRA run, and first moutain fall so it was a good day! Thank you to all the organizers and volunteers for a well-run event.
John CondonMay 9 2013, 10:48amThanks to Brian and crew for organising last night's run.
Jim FitzharrisMay 9 2013, 11:11amHi all,

I would just like to add my vote of thanks to Brian and his excellent team of volunteers for a very well organised race last night. The marking was spot on and the marshalling was truly exceptional! No chance of getting lost here!

I hope the injured lady is OK and making a rapid recovery.

Cheers,

Jim.
John LawrenceMay 9 2013, 1:52pmIf anyone happened to find a pair of glasses last night please let me know ?
Think I might have left them outside the Zipit wooden cabin when I got changed !
Thanks,
John
John AhernMay 10 2013, 9:30pmHi,

I notice I'm down as DNF. I had a poor enough run but I did finish! My garmin recorded it as 60:39. Could I be reinstated?
Rene BorgMay 11 2013, 11:50amCan anyone post the team results to the Tibradden page, the system won't accept my email, not sure whatthe story is:

MEN
1. Rathfarnham WSAF 9 (2 Turlough Conway, 3 Jason Reid, 4 Brian Furey)
2. Boards AC 29 (6 Eoin Keith, 10 Fergal Connolly, 13 Eamonn Hodge)
3. Sli Cualann 58 (11 Ben Mooney, 21 Sean Dunne, 26 Ronan King)
4. Crusaders AC 110 (15 Jeff Fitzsimons, 43 Michael Blighe, 52 Brian McGuckin)
5. Setanta 197 (17 Paul Keville, 80 Philip Brennan, 100 Andreas Kusch)
6. Glenasmole 351 (66 Thomas Galvin, 126 Cillian Stewart, 159 Ercus Stewart)
7. Raheny Shamrocks 415 (1 Des Kennedy, 203 David Brady, 211 Ciaran McGrath)

WOMEN
1. Rathfarnham WSAF 41 (11 Zoe Melling, 13 Laura Flynn, 17 Helen French)
2. Sli Cualann 49 (8 Joy Johnson, 14 Martina O'Kearney, 27 Niamh O'Ceallaigh)

Will get to Bray and Scalp in due time.