Irish Mountain
Running Association

Colleges Champs Camaderry

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Craig HarringtonFeb 5 2013, 10:17pmHello, Is the date for the colleges championships fixed? I just think its strange that this event is on only a week after the colleges cross country?
Gerry BradyFeb 5 2013, 11:18pmThanks for posting Craig: have you another date in mind? We originally were going for the 23rd March but that clashes with the Colleges orienteering championships. The calendar looked like this:

March 9th: Cross Country Intervarsities
March 23rd: Irish Colleges Campus Sprint Series 4, UCC Campus
March 24th: Orienteering Intervarsities, Muckross, Killarney
March 30th: Easter weekend

April 13/14: Athletics intervarsities
Gerry BradyFeb 6 2013, 11:08pmCraig, it is definitely 16th March. That date has been up on the website from before Christmas.

cheers
Gerry
Paddy O'LearyMar 3 2013, 11:44amWould anyone have contact details for any UCD mountain runners that might be competing in these championships?
Vincent O SullivanMar 3 2013, 5:05pm@Gerry Brady,

Could you put Colm Mullen and myself down as helpers on the day. We would be happy to to marshall at that tricky junction and/or the summit.
Mick HanneyMar 3 2013, 7:50pmPaddy - perhaps check the previous recent years results for UCD runners as an initial place to start? People on the forum might have contact details if you called out names.
Robert McEvoyMar 4 2013, 6:22pmI can let the orienteering club in UCD know, they might have the relevant mountain running contacts. Last week I sent an e-mail to CUSAI about this event and about the orienteering intervarsities, I didn't hear back but I assume they sent it on to the sports offices in all the affiliated 3rd level colleges.
Robert McEvoyMar 4 2013, 6:23pmBy the way, we are currently in the process of putting a group together to travel from UCC
Lisa HoulihanMar 5 2013, 7:37pmHi Gerry,

Just enquiring, is there membership to be paid or what is the story with athlete's taken part? I am the president of the NUI Maynooth Athletics Club and we have paid our membership to IUAA for the year but aren't you a separate body from them?

Yours Sincerely,
Lisa Houlihan
Gerry BradyMar 5 2013, 10:37pmLisa

The Race Information Sheet on the event page explains the membership and race entry fees. There is an all-in fee which is very good value if you have four or more runners. The International Hostel in Glendalough is excellent if you want to make a night of it.

If you have contacts in other colleges or are at the cross-country championships, could you please encourage other colleges to attend.
Lisa HoulihanMar 6 2013, 6:12pmThanks a million for your reply.
I myself wont be at the cross country this weekend but members of the club are going I will tell them to spread the word about the Hill Running Championships.

Lisa.
Robert McEvoyMar 14 2013, 9:03pm6 guys and 2 girls travelling from University College Cork to the race on Saturday, looking forward to it.
Pat McCavanaMar 14 2013, 10:00pmHi Gerry

could you put me down as a helper.
I'm happy to do any duties required.

regards Pat
Paddy O'LearyMar 14 2013, 10:34pmAnyone happen to be driving out from Dublin to the College Champs on Saturday? Trying to source a lift out
Colm MoranMar 15 2013, 8:45pmHey Paddy,
I'm the UCD Orienteering Club captain, and I'm planning on running tomorrow, but I don't know anybody else from UCD running.
I'm planning on driving out from Rathfarnham if you're still looking for a lift?

My number is: 0872269254
Sharon LuceyMar 18 2013, 8:44pmMany thanks to Gerry and team for a lovely race at the weekend.