Carlingford - Fox's Rock
- Carlingford to Fox's Rock and back
- Saturday 6 August, 2022
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 9 (3,3,3) - Difficult Terrain, >500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route not marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Leinster Championship
- Entry opens:
- 2022-08-03 20:00:00
- Entry closes:
- 2022-08-05 18:00:00
- Entry limit:
- None set
- Entry cost:
- €7 for seniors, €5 for over 65s and under 18s
- Vouchers Allowed:
- Yes. Race vouchers may be used to enter this event on the day.
- Route Description:
- Long race so option to start early and self time for participants who wish.
- Getting There:
- From M1 junction 18 follow signs to Carlingford. Start/finish is in the village, at the church on Dundalk Road. Please park considerately along the roadside.
- Organisers Instructions:
- Note: This is a long race. Option to start early and self time for participants who wish.
Registration outside St Michael's Church: Race Start beside registration.
Park nearby at Foy Centre: https://goo.gl/maps/PXxdmoEjawLkSC3b6
A new route from Carlingford to Fox's Rock and back.
Refer to the race map. There will be a short marked section for a few hundred metres up tarmac roads and a lane (purple line on map). The marking will end when you emerge from the lane through a little gate onto the open land. From here it's free route choice to Slieve Foye (point A on the map), then to Fox's Rock (point B). Return via Slieve Foye summit (mandatory to visit this summit on the way out and back), to pick up the marked section again and return to the finish.
This route involves significant open mountain navigation and rough ground. It is NOT SUITABLE for beginners, juniors or those who are not competent navigators.
If the weather is very poor on the day, a shortened version of the race may be used.
All competitors, and particularly those who have not competed this year already, should READ the NEW REGISTRATION GUIDELINES.
We are NO longer accepting MONEY at races.
Kit requirements: Jacket & Official IMRA race number
- Prizegiving Location:
- At the finish.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize