- Sunday 3 October, 2021
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (2,2,2) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Only major junctions marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry opens:
- 2021-09-23 09:00:00
- Entry closes:
- 2021-10-01 18:10:00
- Entry limit:
- None set
- Entry cost:
- €7 for seniors, €5 for over 65s and under 18s
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Starts just past first walking gate on trail up to famine village. Climb up and over Barnavave (past trig point). Continue and descend to ridge that leads to Slieve Foye. Ascent to trig point there and descent retracing route back over Barnavave past trig and down to Start/Finish area. Short Course is to Trig point at Summit of Barnavave and back.
- Getting There:
- Coming from Dublin/Belfast Direction: Drive north on M1: Take the N52 exit toward Dundalk North/Carlingford/R173/Ballymascanlan Follow R173 and follow signs for Carlingford. Take left at ‘The Bush’ (also R173). Drive about 1.5km before taking a left at Grange onto Rooskey Road. Take second left. Parking is after a couple of hundred metres on your right. https://firstname.lastname@example.org,-6.1877733,324m/data=!3m1!1e3!5m2!1e4!1e3
- Organisers Instructions:
Race registration is opening at 11am and will close at 11:45 am.
There will be no sign in sheet. Your name will be ticked off the list at the registration tables.
If you need to pick up a race number and/or chip for 2021, please do so at the registration tables.
Mandatory kit: Waterproof rain jacket, IMRA race No. and face covering. IMPORTANT: A face covering must be worn at the registration, start/finish areas and the first 100 metres of the race.
Parking and Registration is at open area on road about 100m south of trail head. Room for about 30 cars here and about 10 or so more near trail head. If running late consider parking in Bush or near Grange Church and jogging up. https://email@example.com,-6.1877733,324m/data=!3m1!1e3!5m2!1e4!1e3
- Prizegiving Location:
- Outside ‘Home at the Schoolhouse café', Greenore Village.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize