- The classical Bray Head route, straight up and down over the two summits of Bray Head
- Wednesday 15 May, 2019
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (2,2,2) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Leinster League
- Entry opens:
- 2019-05-01 00:00:00
- Entry closes:
- 2019-05-14 18:00:00
- Entry limit:
- None set
- Entry cost:
- €7 for seniors, €5 for over 65s and under 18s
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Distance: 6.85km Total ascent: 270m ***Note new route *** Start at the barrier at the bottom of the hill climb at the southern end of the seafront (Bray Head end). The course then veers left on to the coast path. The route gently undulates until around 2.8kms in, when taking a sharp right uphill, followed by a second sharp right uphill 50m later. After emerging out on to open hill, the route takes a sharp left towards the rocks through a gap in the wall (will all be clearly marked). Follow the markings and marshall instructions over the rocks to the trig point, staying left on the way up. Run around the trig point back down the traditional trail to emerge through the gate. The route then follows the headland trail across Ballynamuddagh to the cross. You must go via the cross on the return to Bray seafront. The route then descends the traditional route back to the start. Run through the gate where we started and 50m later take the right turn onto the beach. The route finishes with a 200m run along the beach, up to the first large set of rocks (all on map 1). ** New Junior Route** Designed with younger runners in mind (u16s). (Map 2). The shorter U16 junior route is 2.65kms, with 165m ascent. This race will start at 19.35. The route starts at the barrier at the bottom of Bray Head (same place as senior start) and runs straight on to the hill, with an initial steep climb. The route then turns right towards the golf course (will be clearly marked and hopefully marshalled) on to a gentler trail, before emerging with a left turn adjacent to the golf course and up towards the cross. After reaching the cross, run straight down to the seafront by the marked route, through the starting barrier, turning right on to the beach and finishing with a 200m run along the beach itself.
- Getting There:
- The Martello Hotel is opposite the bandstand on Bray Seafront. There are regular Dart and Bus services to Bray. There is paid parking along the seafront and on adjoining roads. Please be careful to avoid blocking residential and business entrances.
- Organisers Instructions:
- Registration is in the Martello Hotel
Notice regarding registration Please note there will be a strict cut off time of 7pm - if you are not in the queue by 7pm, you will not be allowed to register.
Notice regarding early starts As this race is under 8k there is strictly no early starts, the long-course race starts for everyone at 19:30. The U16 junior route starts at 19:35.
Notice regarding mandatory kit requirements Jacket and official IMRA race number.As the first half and the finish of the race route are on public paths, please be aware of pedestrians and other users.
- Prizegiving Location:
The Martello Bar, BrayTea, coffee and sandwiches will be provided, courtesy of the Martello Hotel.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Surname||Firstname||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|