- Carrauntohill (East from Cronins yard)
- Sunday 16 July, 2017
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 10 (Extreme) - Extreme, >1,000M ascent or > 30Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route not marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster Championship
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Starting from Cronin's Yard the race will climb gradually through Hag's Glen until almost the bottom of the Devil's Ladder, here the route bears left (the only part of the course marked), and find the Zigzag path to take up on steep uphill singletrack and emerge close to the summit of Cnoc Na Toinne. Bear right and run the ridge, dropping into the col between it and Carrauntohill. From here head straight to the summit of Carrauntohill and return via same route.
Ps: a cut off time of 1 hour 15min will be imposed at the top of the Zigzag Path. If you have not reached it by then, turn back as race will take you much over 4 hours.
- Getting There:
- Cronin's Yard, Co. Kerry
- Organisers Instructions:
- This race is open to all and the cost is €10. There is no online pre-registration available. Please arrive at least 30 mins before race start time to give time for race registration.
If you have already run an IMRA race this year, bring the race number given to you at that race as it is valid for the full year.
However, if this is your first IMRA race this year, you must purchase yearly IMRA membership for €10 per person. Please download the membership form, and fill it out beforehand to speed up registration (they will be available on the day too). You will then be given a race number that is used for other IMRA races this year.
This is a tough course on very technical and challenging terrain. Please use common sense when deciding to enter.
Mandatory kit on the day is: Waterproof jacket, phone (working), foil blanket. No exceptions!
Recommended: water & some form of calories.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Cronin's Yard Tea Rooms
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Surname||Firstname||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|
|Webb||Jason||Bray\Dublin||Hey guys, if there is anyone driving from the bray or Dublin area on the day of the race or late evening before and looking for someone to help with the petrol cost, I'm your man, contact me on 087 619 0269 the names Jason||00:00:00||1||0|