Brockagh - End of League Handicap
- Wednesday 24 July, 2013
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (2,2,2) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- A junior turn will be marshalled. The turn will be adjacent to the first Brockagh peak (470m) on the map. Note: The route steers left of this peak on the way out.
- Getting There:
- From Dublin take the M50/N11 to Kilmacanogue. head to Roundwood and continue straight ahead to Laragh. At the Y-junction follow the right fork, pass the white restaurant. Race start for Brockagh is normally in the laneway leading up from the Garage. However, this suits a mass start and not individual starts which the handicap race needs, so the start line for this will be adjusted to the same forest barrier as the finish, up that lane.
- Organisers Instructions:
- This race is for IMRA runners who have competed in the Leinster League. No new registrations accepted at this race. Starting times are based on Leinster League results with slowest runners given a headstart on faster runners. Runners who haven't completed the Leinster League can take part but will be given an additional time penalty e.g an additional minute docked for each race short of the minimum 7. Handicap time is based on an average winning time for Brockagh adjusted slightly for the removal of the lane bit at the start. Handicap race start times will be rounded to the minute for convenience. Times will be published here a few days before the event. Registration will be in the Brockagh Centre after all.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Jakes Bar Lynhamâ€™s Hotel
- Reasonably technical terrain, trail shoes recommended. Last 1.6km is on trail to allow for bunching of runners towards the finish.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Surname||Firstname||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|
|McHale||Stephen||Dublin City Centre||N11||17:45:00||3||1|
|Fleetwood||Ronan||Milltown Luas stop||Dundrum||17:40:00||2||1|